Rev News, 10/11/02

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Oct 11, 2002.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
  2. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    It's mal occhio time for BD

Tough none of the papers specifically said this (Gus came closest), I doubt any Rev fan will have missed that Twellman was injured from behind, on the ground, after the ball was played, by none other than Brian Dunseth.

Though it is not the style of Rev fans to throw coke bottles at the opposition, I hope 15,000 pairs of evil eyes will be trained on that puke so that he wallows in bad mojo until the final whistle.

3. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    The bad news is stories about Twellman's knee. The good news is that Rusty Pierce seems to be healthy. Even if Twellman's 50-50, I'd see how the first half went without him.

4. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Or even hold him out for the mini-game, if it becomes necessary.

One of the factors influencing this bizarre playoff format is that the coaches have to manage their 3 subs anticipating 120 minutes of play. If Twellman starts and can't go, they'll have chewed up one sub early. Then they'd have to hold one in case of injury (seeing as how Pierce and Llamosa aren't in the best of condition), leaving only one for a tactical switch.

5. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    VT
    I'd rather save T for the final: The Fish v. The Dish. :D The D looks great, and we have Wolde and APC, and they are consummate professionals.