Return to the Club that "runs through my veins" - The Welcome Dani Carvajal Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Jun 3, 2013.

1. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ Source?

2. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marca says "Ruled out of the four remaining LaLiga games even before official medical tests are completed, Carvajal has exactly a month to recover for the trip to Cardiff."

Big blow to our league campaign, hopefully he'll be ready for the final.

Digital repped this.
  3. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Massive loss but thankfully Danilo's looked better in recent appearances. Will need him to step up.

Tobias19 and libertao repped this.
  4. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a grade 2 hamstring injury according to the official report.

Re hamstring injuries:
    As a general rule, Grade 1 hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about three weeks and Grade 2 injuries for a minimum of four to eight weeks.

That might be a bit on the conservative side, but yeah he probably won't make it in time.

5. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good God. At the absolute worst possible time to get injured. The final is in about 5 weeks. He better be ready by then

6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he can be ready in 5 weeks for sure. He is a young elite athlete with the best medical technology and services in the world available to him.

Huge loss for our league campaign though!!

Tobias19 repped this.
  7. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Dani has been one of our best players this season, legend in the making.

I believe he can make it to the final, he is something else, easily the best RB in the world.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Big loss. His contribution is sometimes underrated. He is starting to impact games like Dani Alves did in his prime. Not the acting and all obviously.

RMSocrates, Aimar 21, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  9. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Pressure is on Nacho and Danilo. We should be fine in the league, but having Carvajal in the final would be great.

natenate101 repped this.
  10. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    League should be fine without Dani. Against Thugventus tho we need him to provide width. Not only for his defensive and attacking distribution, also his aggressiveness, explosion and his Madridismo.

11. RoadMan

RoadMan Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We will really miss Dani in our upcoming matches (IMO best RB in the world), but here is some funny stats:

I'm also quite sure, that he will make it for potential squad in Cardiff.

12. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    How does that matter? The injury needs rest.
    Since the final is the last game of the season and there's no WC or EC, he might risk it.

13. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Carva needs to work more on his hamstrings and less on his quads once he is better, surely the medical and physio staff at Madrid realise this.

It all depends how much of a tear he has to how long it will take to heal. If he stays off it completely he may recover faster. He should be at home netflixing and nothing more.

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Its Grade 2. I doubt he makes it to Cradiff anywhere near 100%. He might still end up playing but Grade 2 takes 6-8 weeks to come back to training. Its a final, I'd play him even if he is 80%.

9Qui repped this.
  15. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We better make sure he can play with some pain, as we wouldn't want a Diego Costa situation and a wasted sub early in the game, especially since it might go to extra time.

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At no point would I play any player in a final if he is not fully fit, it's a waste, they haven't trained properly ( full tilt) and can't give their all, for sure I'd play Nacho there ( if we make it), miss a bit going forward but solid in defense, Carva would be a big miss but I would not risk him if he isn't 100% fit.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup fully agreed. Don't need to risk throwing away a sub in a final.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would have thought this was patently obvious considering the nonsense we just went through with Gareth in the last game he started, apart from throwing away a sub, the player could not give of his best, no point in having an unfit player on the field just because he's a big name or has been good previously

19. Airjao

Airjao Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 23, 2014
    I'm guessing the trauma of Danilo's horror show has stuck in people's minds that they're willing to pick an injured Dani ahead of him :D

In fairness to Danilo he's played much better recently and looking closer to the player we bought from Porto, and Nacho is more than capable to fill in with a few adjustments to compensate for the loss of Carvajal's presence in attack. Absolutely no need to play Dani if he's nowhere near 100%.

Digital repped this.
  20. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    #445 T2100, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
    I don't trust Danilo.

I can't stand him, his smug smile, his style and his stupid mistakes.

I hope they kick him out of the club and find another RB replacement. Right now, hopefully Nacho can fit in the RB until Carvajal gets better. Hell, I would put Vasquez or even Kiko Cortes as a starting 11 over Danilo.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Danilo has played well for most three months. Also there is nothing smug or arrogant about him.

-Reivax-, raven3k, RMSocrates and 5 others repped this.
  22. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carvajal plays in the most physically demanding position in the 11. Gunning up and down the field from corner flag to flag game in and out. Not half ass jogging back like Marcelo most of the time. Dani was bound to pickup an injury, I don't think Zidane has done a good enough job rotating Carvajal since he took over.

Danilo has been better as of late, but if we aren't going to trust him when Dani is out then sell Danilo and have Nacho as the backup RB, it's where Nacho is at his best anyway.

23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    was it last year's UCL final that he got the same thing?

24. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Finally playing like he did at Porto

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yes. Danilo play most of that game.

natenate101 repped this.