Results from 07/11 - 07/14

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, Jul 14, 2003.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things are heating up in the division races. I believe only Vancouver, Chicago, Charlotte and Boston have clinched playoff spots (Hampton Roads is automatic qualifier by hosting Championships his year), with give or take three games remaining.

Things of note:

Toronto only ties Rochester after beating them 10-0 early on.

Ottawa takes the first point away from Boston this season with the tie.

Long Island beats the NY Magic to move them into second place in the division.

Results:

Northern Virginia Majestics 2
    Greensboro Twisters 1

Windy City Bluez 2
    Northern Kentucky TC Stars 3

Denver Lady Cougars 0
    Seattle Sounders Women 3

New York Magic 4
    South Jersey Banshees 1

Cincinnati Ladyhawks 1
    Columbus Lady Shooting Stars 2

Long Island Lady Riders 3
    New York Magic 1

New Jersey Wildcats 2
    New Jersey Lady Stallions 3

Hampton Roads Piranhas 3
    Greensboro Twisters 1

Ottawa Fury 4
    New Hampshire Lady Phantoms 3

Arizona Heatwave 1
    Asheville Splash 2

Toronto Inferno 1
    Rochester Ravens 1

Denver Lady Cougars 2
    Vancouver Whitecaps Women 3

Cincinnati Ladyhawks 0
    Northern Kentucky TC Stars 1

Ottawa Fury 1
    Boston Renegades 1

Fort Collins Force 4
    Mile High Mustangs 1

2. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's good, no one's murdering anybody else this week. Good thing that the Rochester situation seems to be petering out, maybe? Who scored for Roc in that match, I wonder? Have there been coaching or player changes since that disasterous phase?

3. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abbie Burns scored the tying goal for Rochester around the 80 minute mark. Looks like Toronto was the more dangerous team during the game though. Outshot the Ravens something like 20-3.

I have not heard about any changes in the organization. Unfortunately the Ravens compete for players against all the club teams in Rochester and not too many college/graduates come back to the area for the summer. They will usually field a team of mostly high school/college freshman.

They were great when the organization first started. The team consisted mostly of players from the National Championship teams of the late 80's from the University of Rochester. But most of them have moved on the bigger and better things (a lot of them are in the coaching ranks now).

Jill McCabe is still involved in the organization. But I saw her name as a substitute in the Toronto match, so my guess is that the team is still struggling for numbers.

If they could keep the girls from UR, William Smith, Cortland and Ithaca in the area during the summer they would be a dangerous team.

4. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    toronto

in general, the toronto inferno has had an awful season and not been playing to their expectations...

the team is currently w/o their CWNT players, and there are sone internal conflicts with the team that have caused inconsistency with lineups etc.

a team that has totally made a turnaround this year is the ottawa fury...i definitely think you should look out for them this year!!! they squeaked past their opposition this weekend, but they were w/o a handful of their key players who were training with the national team (although not on the roster).

elaine