[Result] OKCFC v. scitelhtA asluT 06/15/2014

Discussion in 'Rayo OKC' started by The Devil's Architect, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    Tulsa has an inferiority complex. Can't really blame them, but there ya go.

2. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tulsans seem to a compulsive need to do that. Probably has a lot to do with the City falling apart, slowly, under the weight of Mayor Bartlett's incompetence.

3. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Only at a proper venue.
    Casady isn't... neither is Yukon HS...

After spending my youth as a Tulsa Roughnecks fan (the real ones, not the pretenders), I'm a Tulsa soccer fan for life, no matter where I live... and I know alot of others who think the same... however if we changed the chant so as not to offend you or the Kenn doll....... to the ever popular......

"Tulsa fan for Life, Tulsa fan for life, I know I am, I'm sure I am... a Tulsa fan for life!"
    It would be really really lame... and would only serve to remind me of.....
    [​IMG]

That's funny, considering the conspiracies spouted off on this subforum comparing OKC FC's former lead investor/savior to Gordon Gecko... the concept that you've got a group in OKC (two, before McLaughlin went to work for "the enemy") dedicated to partially bankrolling a team in Tulsa that would threaten the very existence of the Athletics speaks volumes...

Lighten up, Francis.

No.
    Lame would be the sight of the Cosmos playing at a high school football stadium in Yukon, OK.
    That, my friend, would be totally lame... on several different levels.

Is it too much to ask that when your city gets a collective hardon over building a skyscraper taller than the one in Tulsa, that it not be so... well... uh... PENILE?!?

I like OKC when it looks more and more like Tulsa..... a McNellies' in midtown (had no idea OKC even had a "midtown")... a Fassler Hall and a Dust Bowl Lanes coming soon... and an OKC version of the Max Retropub on 23rd & Walker.......

Which means you owe us an Ingrid's Kitchen... and you still have no Quik Trips...

4. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    On Cue > Quik Trips

And you also have a gas station there called "Kum n Go" there by making ANY argument about the superiority of Tulsa invalid.

5. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    I giggle like a catholic school girl every time I drive past one.

NegativeCreep repped this.
  6. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    I can neither confirm or deny that there were MANY jokes made to the wife during trips to see the sister in law up there.

7. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never said they were.

It's still pretty lame.

I can't speak for others, but I've gone fully on record as that being a shitty, unethical move.

Whut'er

I think the Cosmos playing on their home postage stamp field is pretty lame too. But whatever you need to think about when you jack off in the front of a mirror

It was supposed to be 7 stories taller, but as for oil men and phallic buildings

Racially segregated and having yet to recover from it's race riot?

Which shows you know less about OKC's history than you think you do.

Places that sound a bit too much like where the hipster class hangs out.

I like QT's, and while I don't but the QT/Southland handshake agreement, QT would crush 7-11 if they had been competing from day 1, but QT's current concept model requires a much larger footprint for their models w/o any adjacent development and those sites are pretty hard to find in areas that are already developed.

Laramie repped this.
  8. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #58 Laramie, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    "Ain't nothing jumping but the peas in the pot; they wouldn't be jumping if the water wasn't hot."--Jackie 'Moms' Mabley.

Let's get the rivalry on; this is a 'friendly' compared to what's to come--stay tuned.

'I' should have known better than to respond.

Some postings and comments shouldn't be dignified with an answer or response...

9. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    A 'Tail' of Two Cities.

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Tulsa_______________________Oklahoma City

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #60 USRufnex, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Whut'er

Oh, there's been plenty of shitty and unethical moves going on over the past year...

I just think of your sister... cuz I hear after she takes her teeth out and the lights are off, she has some fierce skills.

I'm surprised you've resorted to this so quickly... it's usually reserved for when you're losing the argument...
    Oh, wait.

I'm sure "midtown OKC" has some history somewhere... and it's been predictably resurrected by real estate people looking to make a fast buck. Much like there is a "Pearl District" in Tulsa, which I'm told has history, too...

Naw, no self respecting Tulsa hipster would ever dare move their bar to Okie City, as it's common knowledge the place is tragically un-hip. :p
    Though it's forgivable that an older dude from down the turnpike would have trouble differentiating between hipsters and the creative class... south Tulsa conservatives have had that same problem for years now....

As for QT, they've become the WalMart of convenience stores... which means they keep getting bigger and bigger... which is unfortunate for a small district in Tulsa that is trying to experiment with form-based codes...

11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not since she died of cancer. Well, even before that for a couple of years, it was a pretty brutal death.

It's crude but effective.

It's been about a 20 year resurrection, a work in progress.

As a member of the creative class, it's pretty easy to pick out who and what people are actually capable of creating (art, film, drama, architecture, music, etc) something and who likes to call themselves the "creative class", which is nice and all, when you're "surviving" on your trust fund and "creating" by slavishly copying what other people have done and passing it off as something you did.

Are they trying to say those are unconstitutional?

12. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    My sister is struggling with cancer, but did I think to mention it in the context of internet snarkiness as a foil to your "gangbang your sister" comment?
    Well uh, no.

13. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm very sorry for her, we will add her to our prayers, and pray for the hands that are working to heal her.

I guess in that case, I could make the same comment about your sister, in the interest of internet quid pro quo, but jeez, no one wants to be that big of a dick.

ManuSooner and Laramie repped this.
  14. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    We all must think about sensitivity concerns of our fellow men. Personal growth post 50s was unlike anything many of us witness today. We were taught that if you made a mistake, learn from mistakes and move on. Many of us were taught not to take or acknowledge anything personal; especially directed from people you don't know.

Mr. Warmth is a true hearted individual as we all recognize his 'empathy' for others on this board; along with the knowledge and expertise he brings.

Our true victory is not to forget our fellow man in times of need; above all, let's not forget the power of prayer. IMHO it means more in life than who wins a sporting event between two cities.

OpenCupFan and ManuSooner repped this.
  15. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    This is either the greatest sarcasm I have read on this board or the more delusional post or have read, lol

USRufnex repped this.
  16. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #66 Laramie, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    You (NegativeCreep) and Mr. Warmth are two vocal & knowledgeable soccer voices on this board. No sarcasm or delusional post intended.

"Can We All Just Get Along..."--Rodney King

LMAO too! We understand you and Mr. Warmth don't see eye to eye; let's leave it at that.