Restrepo done........

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by LuckyStriker, Aug 15, 2012.

1. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading on the team website he tore ligament and meniscus.
    Shame. Don't know where else the playmaking will come from.

Could be the end of the playoff road.

2. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking the same thing...

3. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's not be hasty. Losing Restrepo is a huge blow to this team, no doubt about it. I don't think it causes us to miss the playoffs at this point though. Much more reasonable to say it damages our chances of finishing in the top four. Edmonton and Atlanta aren't catching anybody. We're in the playoffs. But we need to finish in the top four, and this is going to make it real tough.

Shore obviously has two options. He can try and plug another MF into Restrepo's spot and just hope for the best. Or, he can use Anderson in Restrepo's play-making role, and bring in someone else to try and help carry the scoring role. I think it's tough to go with Mark though. He tends to sit high and wait for the play to come to the attacking half. Restrepo is much more of a two way player. I'm guessing he'll try plugging someone into Restrepo's role. Ramos seems like a player Shore likes, and he's certainly got the speed to play all over the field like Walter does. But does Shore trust him enough to step into such a huge role with little experience? I think he'll try someone with a little more experience, maybe someone like Lorenz. I think King could be a potential answer, but what little passing he's done in a attacking role so far this year hasn't been real sharp in my opinion.

Anderson has been awesome this year, but outside of maybe Glaeser, there wasn't a worse person for this team to lose, especially in the stretch run, than Restrepo. I think he is going to be very difficult to replace. Maybe so difficult that Shore might have to completely change his style of play.

Most important of all, let's wish Walter all the best on a speedy recovery.

Antique repped this.
  4. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    this is really bad news :(

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not good. We'll see how it goes in PR this week-end without him.

Six games left. Three at home after PR and back to back to back. Then the last 2 on the road. We need at least 9+ points from these games. It's a challenge with him. More so without him.

Get well soon, Walter. We'll miss you until then...:(