Rest of the world football

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Mar 24, 2016.

1. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok poopy-heads. For those of us interested is there an in-game thread for the game on BS? My search failed to find it for some reason.

2. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Tottenham look like a team that hasn’t played in a game of this magnitude before. Liverpool look like they’ve been here before.

All Liverpool right now, but I’m hoping Spurs can make more of a game out of this.

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #478 skydog, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Agree with first couple sentences. Not so sure about “all Liverpool” though. Spurs reaching final third frequently but then a lot of flaccid and/or rushed passing in and around the box; looking like we did vs COL.

TOAzer repped this.
  4. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    But confidence wise - yes, all Liverpool. They look like they have zero worries, while Tottenham look like “what the hell are we doing?”

5. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Saw the possession stat and was surprised. 65% Tottenham. Feels like it’s the opposite.

I’m hoping for an early spurs goal in the 2nd.

skydog repped this.
  6. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Firmino out. Origi in. Like Kane, Firmino had been injured. Waiting to see Moura come in for Kane who has been a non factor.

Origi was a beast against Barcelona.

7. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Erickson looks a lot livelier. He’s got to be more involved if Spurs want a goal.

8. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If Spurs had forwards of the likes of Salah or Aguero they would be up 3-1 or so by this point. Liverpool defenders having no problem dispossessing Spurs when they get close to goal.

9. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Badly need Spurs goal. Or at least near goals. Otherwise worst CL final ever.

10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed get a goal. Let's go in to extra time and actually see 2 teams going at it

11. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    No more all EPL finals, please. We need at least one “spicy” team in there.

12. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don’t want to see Spurs tie. We don’t need 30 more minutes of this :sleep:

13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok. A little excitement.

14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Otoh a CL final decided by a first 30 sec marginal handball isn’t a good look.

kaburu repped this.
  15. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well taken fk. Not quite good enuf tho.

16. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok, that was anticlimactic. Have a good afternoon folks.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    No worries.

18. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Honestly had zero expectations going in. Spurs were dreadful in the final month of the EPL while Liverpool matched City point for point. Throw in a quarter of the starting eleven were coming back from injury.

Would have been a lot more interesting with last year’s teams. Liverpool were worse, Spurs were better.

The only disappointment really was Liverpool were pretty poor on the evening compared to the rest of the season. I would have been optimistic going in to the game knowing they’d be that average.

The three week break had an impact on the competitiveness of the game.

I just hope Levy actually spends some money now. Remarkable what Pochettino was able to do having spent a -£17m over the past year.

barroldinho and skydog repped this.
  19. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow that ref who awarded a PK in the 20th second has no regard for humanity. :( I'm usually a hardliner, but given the circumstances I would've been okay with that one not being awarded. I mean, the ball hit Sissoko's armpit while he was pointing for Pete's sake. We're all poorer off.

I think Tottenham could've made an argument of it without the goal and it would've been a blistering match, but the PK was just too much of an advantage for a team already favored. It was like Ramos ripping Salah's arm off in the last final and Madrid kinda sleepwalking to victory. Liverpool never really needed to get out of first gear.

20. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Felt the same. I wonder if they were using the new PK rules? I know the announcer’s said there would be a fourth substitute allowed if the game went to overtime which I believe was part of the new laws of the game. If so, the handball in the box is less ambiguous, calling the PK under the new rules was dead simple. Under the old rules, yeah maybe letting that slide for the good of the game would have been the right thing to do - biased as I am to me, if you call that a handball then the tackle on Kane late on should have been a penalty.

Again Spurs didn’t do anything to win it, looking for the ref to make a decision late on a marginal call shows just how off the pace they were on the night so I’m not trying to make excuses.

Maybe if we spend £100m in the off-season to address our glaring deficiencies we can win it next season (couldn’t resist a little snark)

kaburu and MPNumber9 repped this.
  21. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Is Tottenham losing Erickson to Madrid? He’ll be a big loss, but it might fund some summer additions.

Making the CL final might persuade some players to join Spurs as well.

I remember after Chelsea won, they ended up signing Oscar who many believed would go to Spain. Crazy that guy is in China (I think?)

22. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Hard to say, but it does seem so. The only legitimate offseason transfer rumor is for a player that could replace Eriksen. Though we are almost certainly losing Alderweireld and looks like Trippier will go as well.

A bit more depth and not having most of the starters be in a major tournament this summer will help.

23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Apparently I was wrong. The new rules weren’t in effect and if they were Sissoko’s handball probably wouldn’t have been called as part of the new rule states if it hits another legal body part first it doesn’t count.

https://apple.news/AysfD8C4sRByB3lMjuGB0vQ

24. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Apparently Tottenham has been taking notes on defensive tactics from GBS. Embarrassing 7-2 loss to Bayern Munich. Bayern with awesome finishing but some of the Spurs defending would have made Skjolikj proud.

barroldinho repped this.
  25. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Boca Juniors vs River Plate in the Libertadores. Game was suppose to start at 530pm. It’s 545 and it hasn’t started because the field is covered with white confetti and the ref thinks it’ll clash with the River Plate kits.

Always something.

Dr.Phil and TrickHog repped this.