Rest of the World Football v9.1 [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the story says the indictment will include charges of racketeering. If that is the case they will operate under RICO which means that sealed Garcia report will not be sealed for long.

vividox repped this.
  2. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hopefully the DOJ doesn't screw it up.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zoo, I know you have issues with MLS and their set up, but even you have to find this conspiracy theory about MLS and their reach hilarious.

ZooCougar repped this.
  4. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's not even hilarious. That's mental illness. To think that the USSF and MLS have that kind of influence is kind of obscenely embarassing.

Ted and the Deacon are going off too.

The Traffic/NASL aspect is such a small aspect of this whole thing. To make this all about THAT just shows that these people live in a distorted reality.

Could you imagine if USSF had been dumb enough to put some Traffic dude on the Board of Governors? I think the NASL is an interesting experiment/project, but when you have Peterson saying that Traffic only owns the Railhawks, when they also own 40% of the Railhawks and all of the NASL's Class A shares then you really have to wonder. He's been really disingenuous about distancing the league from Traffic.

And one could think that SUM would try and step into any void left if Traffic lost the deal for future Gold Cups and CONCACAF Champions Leagues but even still that accusation is hilarious.

In my opinion, if we lose the Copa America Centenario over this then it's worth it, and then some.

5. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ive been trying to think of any way that USSF is implicated in any of this. The worst I can see for USSF is that concacaf and Traffic are buddies (obvious, right) and USSF has had to intermingle its property with both of those entities over the course of the last 20 years.

But then, there's the NASL nexus to USSF. Im not exactly sure how strong that nexus is/was, much less, how strong is/was USSF's interest in seeing the NASL-Traffic relationship prosper.

Part of me thinks that USSF should do more in the concacaf region in general... but USSF is just one vote in a region of some 40 or more votes. At the very least, part of me thinks that USSF shouldn't let shady organizations, like Traffic, in the door for its own professional leagues, such as NASL.

Regardless, this is all a bad look for soccer in our part of the world, yet it would be a big mistake to scorn those who actually do shed light. *** Takes long glance towards UEFA ***

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blatter out... Wow....

7. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sepp resigns, Bladder relieved.

Luke Campbell repped this.
  8. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And poof! Just like that, a new FIFA cartel is born.

9. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  10. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The UEFA Champions League final was a real treat to watch today. The unstoppable soccer machine that is Barcelona is mesmerizing to watch. I'm really not sure how you stop the attacking trio of Messi, Neymar, and Suarez by themselves, much less having one of the best midfields in the world backing them up. Absolutely wonderful to watch how the game can be played at such a high level.

11. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yep. That little series of one touches in a perfect triangle in virtually no space in the middle of the box might have been the most beautiful soccer play I've ever seen. And Barça didn't even score on that one.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was a really fun game, found myself at half time and full time being like 'that's it?' Not often we get that with a final, as a neutral it was fun.

And obviously those talking of the age of Barca being done last year were wrong

13. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watching bits of the re-broadcast of the augsburg-bayern match on fox during breaks of the chiefs game today. commentators ... i don't get how they can mispronounce some names over and over again. it's grating to my ears to hear him pronounce lewandowski's name with an english 'w' sound so it sounds like loo-win-dow-skee. it's a 'v' sound, mr. friedel. lay-vin-dov-skee. i mean, it's not like he's an unknown player. why doesn't someone correct him? arrrgh. then to irritate me even more, he goes and pronounces muller's (don't know how to type the umlaut here, which is what makes all the difference) name correctly, which i almost never hear anyone get right. it should sound more like a hard 'u' and less like 'oo.' so if he can get the more obscure sound correct, why is he missing the easier one that everyone knows?

16. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Fox's coverage is brutal. Nigh unlistenable. I'll watch the game, but the channel changes as soon as the talking heads come on.

17. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only edgewise gap in Arsenal's schedule for the Hull City replay is on the 25th or 26th. No way they will reschedule the Man U game, which leaves Hull postponing their match with Wednesday. You begin to see why the FA Cup is increasingly seen as an imposition, so you really appreciate clubs like Arsenal that still put their best foot forward for it when other competitions are so much more lucrative.

18. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    March 8 for the replay... 6th round just 4 days later? They would have been better off getting it out of the way, imo.

19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I've been watching Liga MX on Saturday nights lately. I really enjoy it. I just saw the striker for CA (Peralta, I think) miss a sitter. I mean, it was Dwyer-esque in how much he blew it over the bar from about 3" from goal.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bumping this thread. US women return to KC this summer. Gold Cup returns to KC next summer (group unknown at this time).