Reserve Team Schedules

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by mutinywxgirl, Mar 24, 2005.

1. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Link here and follow the directions, but for the Developmental League. You can get any of the schedules this way.

Go to the following site (it's general access)
    http://www.ussoccer-data.com/schdmenu.htm

You must provide dates for all information. (hint: use current date, followed by 12/31/2005) - this will give you the entire season's schedule.

Follow the instructions, filling out the required information. If you are looking for an individual league, click on the league you desire.

You can also get the individual team schedule, both home and away, or just home schedule.

Additional Hints:
    If you want to see all games that USSF are responsible for, do not click on a particular league. Just put in the dates, and hit the "get schedule" button.

Preseason games and exhibition games are listed as "Other" matches....that's why if you go for the team name without using the league specification, you'll get all of the info.

Open Cup matches (non-PDL qualifiers) will be listed as "other" matches as well, once it gets to that time for the tournament. You can also type in Open Cup in the Tournament section.

Referees for previous days and present day will be listed, but referees for future games will not be shown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

I hope this helps everyone with getting the information you need for upcoming games. I would suggest getting on the site and just playing around to see what you can pull up. It's a fabulous site.

If you have questions on it, let me know.

2. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Using the above listed site, here's the current schedule for the RSL Reserves in (MT):

It's a real shame that all the games are on Sunday. I was hoping to be able to go to a few of them. :(

3. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Weren't there going to be some "Reserve" team games against local teams/talent?

So far that looks like a 12 game schedule - where it might be nice if they supplmented that by playing some local college teams or whatever...

4. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if they're going to. I seem to remember at a Loyalist meeting a couple months back that Steve Pastorino said the Reserve team season would consist of 6 home games.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks MutinyGirl.
    I think what MLS envisions is that there is a normal 12 game schedule for MLS reserves playing each other. Then they are going to mix it up and have the reserves play colleges and PDL teams as time allows.

6. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Something to remember......These schedules can and most probably will change. The best thing to do is to use the link to check the schedule as the date gets closer. It's what the referees use, so if the game is changed, they will know about it, and it will be posted on that website.

7. dhunter

dhunter New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Pretty sure the reserves will play the BYU mens team on April 27.

8. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Mucho gracias!

9. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is anyone gonna be able to make it to those matches to write match reports?Also who exactly is gonna play in this reserve league? players like Laser Luke and Jaime Watson and Cila? or what?

10. Steve H.

Steve H. Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I'm sorry if it was posted and I missed it, but where are the Reserves going to play?

11. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last I heard, it is still TBD.

12. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    What spots would be a good place to play?

13. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would guess that the games would be held at Spence Eccles Fieldhouse on the UofU campus. That's where they held Monday's practice. Since the current schedule has all of the reserve games on Sunday, I doubt they will have much of a crowd. So I don't forsee them playing at RES.

14. Steve H.

Steve H. Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Heck, I would love to take the kids up to a Sunday reserve game, as long as there were stands to sit in. I've probably been to about 3/4s of the Stingers Sunday games for the past few years. In fact, given how young my kids are, I would rather pay a few bucks for reserve games than the twenty-plus bucks a ticket to sit in the "premium" seats at the very end of the field.

But, as a soccer fan I feel some personal responsibility to help RSL survive, or at least not embarrass itself with low attendance, so I sprung for two mini-plan tickets.

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    June 5th to Sept 4th there are no Reserve games.
    Thats odd. Is that when they play PDL teams???

16. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    US World Cup Qualifiers and the Gold Cup are scheduled for June, July and August. Several players will be missing a significant number of MLS games due to National Team camps and games. With players missing, it might be difficult for MLS clubs to field two teams (first team and reserves).

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you suggesting, *gasp* that MLS is going to respect International play?
    Wow. :)

18. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    I noticed on the BYU (PDL) schedule that there is an exhibition game scheduled on Wednesday, April 27 against Real Salt Lake. Do you think this is the starting 11, or the reserve team? Either way, the game is in Provo, which means it is a great oppotunity for fans down there to get a really good look at some pros. The South Field stadium is pretty small.

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so you know the April 27 game is at 7:30pm.