Request for the Ultras

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by stuinsf, Mar 25, 2010.

1. stuinsf

stuinsf Member

Jul 2, 2005
    I posted this in the pre-game thread, but it was suggested that I post it here instead.

As we all get pumped for Saturday night's game, I have a small request for the Ultras... Please don't hate me for asking this, but could you try to be mindful of where you wave the giant flag? Much as I love you guys, I also really want to see the game and there were times at the Portland game when the flag blocked the view of what was going on in the goal box even though I was right near the top of 109 and standing up. Maybe it's not a question of where the flag is waved but when -- maybe when the ball is our end of the field, the flag could be kept down (or maybe the big flag should be waved at the top of the section not the bottom)?

I'm not for a second saying the big flag shouldn't be there -- I'm just saying it should add to the environment, and not subtract from it.

Thanks for understanding! Go Quakes!

2. morgan1906ultras

morgan1906ultras New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    we are not familliar with section 109 yet.
    we will get organize with the big flag soon.

THX

3. stuinsf

stuinsf Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Thanks very much for your response! Looking forward to seeing you out there on Saturday! If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

4. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    there was a time when you were holding up your really big banner right in front of the railing and that blocked the whole goal view on that alvaraz breakaway against the galaxy today.. would be nice if u can hold it in the first row instead of blocking section 108's view of the game. in the first row, others wouldnt be blocked by it

5. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We saved you the pain of having to watch that play. You're welcome.

6. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    hahaha. Guess ill be moving to the kfc corner now.