"Reputation"?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Rocket, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    So, if I'm seeing a bunch of gray cards - and I cheerfully admit to checking my reputation comments constantly - that means the person was so much of a lemon that their pathetic opinion doesn't even warrant a color? Because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot or cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth. I guess leaving comments is necessary, just in case.

Actually, I want to go up and down the board and leave neutral comments now. "I have no opinion on this post." Forget reputation points - I want to hand out ennui points!

2. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Was that me? I actually gave you props for that post, but I don't suppose I have enough reputation to affect you one way or another. As Loney put it so well, I'm merely a lemon.

Instead of gray, the cards that don't affect you should be beige. And, really, I prefer grAy to grEy. (Let the negative reputation commence, whores!)

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH.

I stand corrected.

TWUB, get some friggin' juice, wouldja???

:D

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How very Aimerish of you.

5. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    I have given positive rep to 9 or 10 people, however I am still told I have to spread it around to others before I can give it to them again.

What is the "magic number" of people I must give "rep" to, before I can give it to the same people again?

6. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It's a combo of time, number you've given to, your current rep, etc. It prevents abuse or conspiring

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Actually I think it means they didn't leave a comment. The ones I get without comments are all gray.

8. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Huss, your avatar is somewhat frightening.

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was thinking of starting a thread on Huss's new avatar, but couldn't decide what forum to use.

Bring back Ralph!

10. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hear it for neutrality. I wish to inhabit that rarified zone of being neutral, like Sweden or Switzerland.

11. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there is probably some kind of a self protection in place where users without a significant amount of rep can't dish out much bad rep, but I don't think posters w/ under 100 posts should be able to give out rep.

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    There is. You can see it in my post in FFA, but a member used all his sockpuppets to bring my reputation points down, but only his main account actually affected my points. Grand total for all his troubles: -2

13. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yep. It's a well-designed system - a lot of people's fears of abuse were pre-addressed.

14. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    PS I love baby bok choi.

15. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    I'm impressed with how the new reputation system works, especially the combination of non-anonymous comments and the limits to handing out reputation. The only part that seems sub-optimal is having the initial setting of reputation be based largely (or totally?) on the number of posts. But, that's probably as good a way as any to "prime the pump."

I'm curious, is there a list available with all of the different reputation level descriptions? And, is there a way to see the exact point amount or the comments left for other users?

16. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Everyone starts with 6 points. Number of posts is only one small determinate of how you build and give them. We won't publish the rules so that people can't play them. There are 2 dozen reputation levels with some easter eggs for good fun in there as well. I don't think you can see others unless they choose to share.

17. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now I'm craving wor won ton soup. Big time.

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This "reputation" thing is strange. A couple of days ago, I had "fallen off the scale". Apparently someone gave me negative points. Before that, I was simply "off the scale". Now it appears I'm "on a distinguished road". But I can't seem to find any info whatsoever on how any of this took place. What do I click to read these reputation transactions? I've tried My Profile, but there's nothing there that I can see. Is the ability to see one's own reputation comments reserved for premium members, or am I not looking in the right place? It's not a big deal one way or another, but someone boosted my rep back up to the starting point. I figure the least I can do is thank them, so as not to appear ungrateful.

19. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    ban migkiller. he keeps lowering my reputation

20. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

hamatchi premium Hamatchi & Immortal hamatchi weren't enough use the rest of em 2 pal

hamatchi check out immortal hamatchi's inbox! lol
    Hamatchi whats up man you used all ur sockpuppets on skip and only used 2 on me:( You are one of the only ones who is giving me positive reps use the other puppets on me too I need these points, damn u huss i would have at least had 2 green cards if it wasnt for you're disapprovement which cost me
    -51 points..... actually thanks! badboy4life!

21. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    how can i rate the same poster again? it keeps telling me that i have to spread reputation.

22. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    There is an unspecified number of people that you have to give reputation to before you can give it to the same person again.

Huss is being coy about such details in an attempt to discourage folks from trying to game the system.

I have no idea how high Huss set it, but my guessimate is that the number is at least 10. Meanwhile, if you really want to give the same person more (or less!) reputation, you'll just have to hand it out to a bunch of other people as well.

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    What's the point, Hama? Your disapproval is only worth like 2 points.

24. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    yours didn't count much neither

25. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I know. But I'm flattered you used all 5 of your sockpuppets to try to bring my score down.