Republicans eat their own

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Revolt, May 19, 2009.

1. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Savage attacks Limbaugh:

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/michael-savage-calls-rush-limbaugh-frau

Who will ITN back?

2. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Props to Savage for standing up for the book-reading and self-aware wing of the republican party.

3. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

mmmm.... republicans - its what's for dinner!

I bet they are tasty, considering that the only self-identified republicans left are draft-dodgers & white feather-types, as well as the bloggers who sit behind their keyboards and do nothing productive but complain. Thin skinned, marbled in fat - oh yeah!

Sounds like veal to me.

And think of the rich ones who eat nothing but the finest foods and get, erm, well, massages...

Not just veal, but Wagyu veal... where do I sign up?

Conservalicious!

1 person likes this.
  4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He'll secretly date both of them.

5. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Coulter would eat Malkin on pay-per-view if she thought anyone would watch.

6. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No dichotomy here... Michael Savage condemns Rush Limbaugh for silence on UK visit ban? I can see that... but Rush is too busy speaking about the threat this nation faces from 3rd most powerful democrat lying to America, 2nd most powerful democrat giving away security information, and 1st most powerful democrat turning nation toward communism... Rush is busy Michael; give the man a break...

7. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Rush should keep doing what he's doing. The are a lot of ignorant Americans who need him to keep their feeble minds occupied.

8. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    The 'secure undisclosed' location od cheneys cower hole isnt a secret. Its called the basement. That Cheney, craven chicken hawk he, would piss himself in the basement while plotting to send real men to war should surprise no one.

9. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said this before, and this just echoes my opinion - that Rush is just an entertainer, and as such is in it only for himself. that's why it's a bad idea for him to be the face of the Party. he's concerned for himself and his ratings (which in his mind prove that he is "right") than the sate of the Rep party.
    I don't know why Savage is pissed - whether it has anything to do with Rush not coming to his defense like he did for Rush with the drug problem, but either way, Savage finally had a moment of clarity and spoke the truth.

10. Steamer

Steamer New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    I'm with Rush. When Savage attacks Hannity & Rush, he comes off as a wee bit jealous of their success.
    Rush is way better at the radio thing.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah, we got that.

12. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have always thought of Rush Limbaugh as America's contemporary Thomas Paine; an intellectual widely-read revolutionary who reminds citizens of the common sense of Americana and patriotism. Rush is a legacy this nation should treasure... Interestingly enough, Common Sense was published by Thomas Paine in late 1775 under the working title of Plain Truth, with the help of (wait for it) Benjamin Rush, who suggested the title!

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohh I treasure Rush. Let's put him in a box and drop him in the ocean so he can really be treasure.

14. shinyyy

shinyyy New Member

May 24, 2006
    Hamburg
    That is an interesting coincidence. They have other things in common too.

Rush reviewed the case of Henry Moss, a slave who lost his dark skin color (probably through vitiligo). He proposed that being black was a hereditary skin disease, which he called "negroidism," and that it might be cured. Rush drew the conclusion that "Whites should not tyrannize over [blacks], for their disease should entitle them to a double portion of humanity. However, by the same token, whites should not intermarry with them, for this would tend to infect posterity with the 'disorder'... attempts must be made to cure the disease."[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Rush#Abolitionism

15. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha ha.
    Rush = Thomas Paine???
    thanks for the laugh.

"an intellectual widely-read revolutionary"

intellectual?? an intellectual college drop-out?
    revolutionary?? you are aware that he is the leader of the CONSERVATIVE movement in America - right?

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Rush is a more successful radio host. In everything else, he doesn't deserve to hold Savage's jock strap.

Besides the drug defense of Rush, Savage has been pretty much critical of Rush on just about everything.

17. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Savage has been castigating his competition for some time. He calls Rush "The golfer," O'Reilly "The Leperchaun" and Hannity "The Wallbanger" (I think that's Hannity, anyway)

Savage has been pretty tedious in the past year or so, settling scores, touting his books and endlessly going on with his suit against CAIR, etc. He has these guest commentators doing monologues, and he pretends to be talking to them. His shtick is not as amusing as it used to be. I've gone back to sportstalk KNBR for my commute home, and only turn to Savage when they go on too long about Basketball.

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yes, Savage does tend to belittle the other radio talk show hosts and he does "promote" his books so to speak, but you still can't beat his personal stories. Even if you or I don't agree with some of his points, his knowledge on certain topics and the way he talks about some of his personal stories are the epitome of great radio.

What I like most about him is he doesn't shy away from ripping into the Republican party, unlike Rush or O'Reilly. I still can't believe he was banned from visitng England. What a joke.

P.S. It's ironic that you now listen to KNBR given Savage's strong dislike for sports. :D

19. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Talk about selective use of quotes... Although Rush did not understand the science of Skin pigmentation he certainly was on the right side of the slavery issue:

20. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY

"Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness; the former promotes our POSITIVELY by uniting our affections, the latter NEGATIVELY by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first a patron, the last a punisher.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil"

Does that sound like Rush?

What qualifies Paine as an "intellectual" in your mind?

21. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    The problem is that the great radio part has been shrinking to alot less than 50% of the time. But I agree, banning him from England is bizarre. And it's true that he's never been a GOP infomercial like Hannity or Rush, that's one reason I always liked his show. Now, though, he spends alot of his time just settling grudges, and he's built up alot of them over the years.

22. shinyyy

shinyyy New Member

May 24, 2006
    Hamburg
    Did I say somewhere Rush was for slavery? Either one of them?

Recognizing that slavery is wrong doesn't make one not racist, btw. The simple fact that he thought being black was a "disease" speaks for itself.

It was a joke anyway :rolleyes:

23. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Well how does it "speak for itself"?

Considering Benjamin Rush also believed that this was only a skin issue and that blacks "were not by nature intellectually or morally inferior" I would think we would all be more than happy to be associated with those views.

Benjamin Rush Scientist - not so great sometimes.
    Benjamin Rush Race issues - Very much a pioneer.

Is that what you meant to imply about Rush Limbaugh?

I personally think jokes implying people are racist are about as appropriate as jokes that are racest in nature.

24. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who said anything about Paine? I was talking about Rush.
    and no, that does not sound like Rush.

25. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Well maybe I am misinterpreting what you said. When you wrote:

I thought you were accepting the asserion that Paine was "an intellectual widely-read revolutionary" and somehow Rush Limbaugh was not because he was a college drop out?

So in your view was Paine an intellectual or not?