Renuncia El Coco / Basile Quits

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by BigSoccer Bot, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Pasión_Albiceleste

May 16, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I nkow it is absolutly impossible for it to happen but i wish bianchi would hear our cries for him...and grondona could hear our fcuk offs for him...did you see the poll in ole....overwhelming 40 percent of readers chose bianchi...if it wasnt for the god damn toad that grondona is we could do some damage....i guess kwe are going to have to wait and see

2. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que dice la calle en Baires?

3. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know I think it is now time for a drastic change, for too long we had people that would just tinker with the formers coaches picks and tactics and often to lesser effect than the former coach. I think we need to get true guts and grit back into the team , maybe dare I say put some of these superstars on the shelf for a while and see if we can finally build that 5 to 6 man unit that I have so long wanted. I being a former defensive midfeilder in my playing days would love to see a team that is cool and calm in the "engine" of the team, the midfeild and a team that has a no nonsense stay at home defence who knows how to clear danger, and it does not have to be fancy or pretty. We need a striker and Higuain must be given chances, come on!! Milito too, I thought he actually for the little to no service he got against Chile did well. I for one think too many are riding Batista coat tails because he won a gold at the Olympics, sure thanks and good on him , but I still think he lacks the experience to lead a senior squad to a WC. A man of steel, guts and grit and a man who could finally get Argentina out of this we need an "enganche" mentality I think is Diego Simoene. We need fighters out there with the pretty boys, right now we are lost and our "scrappers" are short tiny kids. Sorry Im just saying it like I see's it. What would be the harm in trying a whole new back line, a team with good selections and width, a team with options besides Roman.;)

4. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Back line of Pareja and DeMichelis!
    Who's with me?

5. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As much as I love these two, seriously guys can you not see the train wreck coming.:eek:

6. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sure could work, I would add Gonzo to that and lets keep our eyes on Monzon.

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would love to see Batista and Maradona in a role similar to what he had at the Olympics. Even World Cup 2006. He's is an inspiration to the players and they ALL look up to him.

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If I was a player and Maradona was in the locker room and he was like "vamos pibes que vamos a partir a estos hijos de p u t a", I would walk out like a FCUKING LION!!!

Shit I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!!!

9. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thing is it is always a party when things go well, but when there are problems I could just see him adding fuel to the fire. One example was his outbursts and open critiques of Messi during the Olympics and just recently, personally I don't want that crap near the team.:(

10. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Batista needs to be the guy. He is only one who has gotten Riquelme and Messi to play together.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The majority seems to think that it was in good time seeing that next WCQ match is in March, also seeing Messi quote yesterday "No sabiamos a que jugabamos" and today "Era un cambio necesario" pretty much shows that Basile was losing it with the players, i think Zanetti was quoted saying similar to Messi's today quote too. Also many don't seem to be appealed by Russo or Simeone being the coach(however Russo seems to have the media support).

Or not, seeing the outsider role of Maradona back then and now he would be part of the staff, i think Messi would have a different view over his critics(and Diego himself could be more mild on that aspect, also they may not be as mediatic).

Also Messi said that would like Batista to be the coach, and today Maradona was quoted saying that would like to be the coach, but he would also accept to take part in a staff with someone like Batista.

12. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know what Fcuk everyone!

I submit:

Gabriel Omar Batistuta!!!!!! for DT!!!

:D

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is true. The problem I see is if Diego is an assistant, that would be hard for the coach. Can you imagine having Diego as your assistant? How do you assert your authority?

If Diego keeps cool, and he helps motivate the guys, and isn't quick to criticize players and coaches if something goes wrong, then great. But it's hard to imagine Diego not being opinionated. He is who he is.

14. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    true you are right but when it comes to playing the game and how to play an opponent there is no one better.

15. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    He will make sure that Aguero will be on the pitch even if he's playing like ass... :rolleyes:

16. tomal

tomal Red Card

Sep 26, 2008
    Bangladesh
    when a team lose as many games as argentina it is very normal that there are changes required.the changes should be for both coach and players.the coach has resigned and i think some of the players' role in the team should also be questioned.

17. tomal

tomal Red Card

Sep 26, 2008
    Bangladesh
    mardona isnt going to be the best man at the moment.why not go for a foreign coach.perhaps from spain or italy

18. tomal

tomal Red Card

Sep 26, 2008
    Bangladesh
    i agree with u in the fact that aguero is playing like an ass

19. tomal

tomal Red Card

Sep 26, 2008
    Bangladesh
    He isnt gonna play he will be among the coaching staffs.So no point of praising him as a player

20. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Unfortunately i havent the chance to see him playing with Atletico Madrid on a regular basis, only seeing him with the NT and i have to say overall i have been left quite unimpressed with his performances so far.

21. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    because we are not England or Mexico etc etc
    We are a futbol country and have so many good coaches, why the hell would we want a foreign coach? Same with Italy and Brasil. Why would we need a foreign coach when our countries have so many

England has foreign coaches because the best English coach is McClaren, which pretty much sums it up.

And Spain? Argentina has way more capable coaches than Spain

22. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    i hope if its russo or batista/maradona combo

Bianchi for Boca only :p

23. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    what about Brindisi that guy who coached Atlas last season he is pretty good

24. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brindisi - pretty good, pretty good for Mexico!

25. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Houseman, durísimo con el Coco

More...