Renato Sanches: Fly Like an Eagle

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Sumol, Mar 29, 2016.

1. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern, literally, made a 35 million dollar investment for 2,3,4 years down the road. When Vidal is 30, 31, 32.

What's so hard to comprehend?

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm amazed at the short sightedness

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Geraldes is better than Sanches

4. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone who has ever played for Sporting is better than Sanches:rolleyes:

5. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Curious to what your clown response is concerning Joao Mario not starting every game for Inter? Hell, they're smacking Atalanta 6-1 right now and he still hasn't made it off the bench. Didn't start their last game either....and he cost more than Renato and plays in a much worse team. Assuming your logic is consistent, then I'm sure your answer is that he doesn't start because he isn't that good, but I just wanted to ask you just to make sure.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Also over 4 years older, I'd say that's pretty relevant. If Renato should be a starter at Bayern, Mario should be an undisputed starter at Inter, per @SCP_16 's logic.

7. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has to wait until inter is up by 6 to actually play. And once he comes in, no more goals :eek:

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mario has 3 goals in 23 appearances and was a starter as recently as a couple weeks ago. Your wet dream Sanches has half those appearances, albeit a much less finished product than Mario. Regardless, I'm not a complete club homer like you and all your d-bag Lampiao buddies who can't admit the truth. If Mario can't get steady playing time from here on out, then yes, I would consider him somewhat of a bust. He still has 23 appearances and has found the net. To be fair, I've seen some of those games and Mario has looked soft.

It's hilarious though. You guys can't admit Sanches' failure, just like you can't admit how fixed the league is for Benfica to win. The pride f*cking with you. Then all Lampioes circle jerk each other when it comes to defending your corrupt club.

9. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "If Mario can't get playing time from here on out" = Mario is gifted time to prove himself, unlike Renato

"I would consider him somewhat of a bust" = He isn't a total bust because reasons but Renato is already a full blown bust.

This is the most hilarious thread. I never seen a kicthen so full of crow marinating in a pot with eggs ready to be cracked on faces.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mario had time to prove himself because he wasn't vastly overrated by all the Lampiao homers and pro-SLB media. As a result, he wasn't subsequently sold for an inflated price setting him up for disappointment at a young age. Again, no one pays $35 million for a bench warmer. Sanches was starting games at the beginning of the season, but he's just not that great, and now he sits the bench.

Pick and choose whatever supports your confirmation bias. Mario has more than twice the amount of appearances and he has 3 goals. Renato has shit.

I do believe Sanches will be a decent player at the very least, but only if he gets playing time. He should never have left benfica. He reminds me of all the other young promising portuguese players that were sold abroad and ruined their career as a result.

11. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sanches wasn't bought to play over Vidal this season. It's insane to think so. You've just given everyone a tonnof amo over the next few seasons.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't mind eating crow if that's the case. This wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. Hell, I thought JJ was a big upgrade from Marco Silva and was all on board to sign him. As far as Renato, he does have the potential to be a great player, but it isn't going to happen by sitting on the bench. His big money transfer was the result of the entire Portuguese media and league over rating him at such a young age.

13. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "overrating" the best young player at the Euro and undisputed starter of the European Champion

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

"Best Young Player" is an opinion. Anderson was voted the Golden Boy once. His career has been an utter disappointment since leaving Porto.

Also, undisputed starter? He came off the bench against Croatia and Hungary, didn't start the first 4 games of the tournament, has a great game against Poland, and was ineffective against Wales and France. Put the crack pipe down.

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Correct he wasn't vastly ovverrated by all Lampiao homers and pro-slb media...nope he was vastly overrated by Lagarto homers and pro SCP media.

Mario is also older than Renato, I don't understand how the fac t Renato is only 19 keeps flying over peoples heads. How is any 19 year old going to start over Vidal in his prime?

16. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    If his argument was centered around Renato underperforming, then that'd be fine. But this guy is literally stating he should be a starter. There is literally no logic that points to such a claim. It would mean starting ahead of older, world-class players, players that have helped Bayern be a Top 3 European club team. That means in a class with Real Madrid and Barcelona. It's beyond bizarre. CR7 was bought for a British record amount for a teenager, if we were to judge him by the first half of his first season, then he'd be a total flop too :ROFLMAO:

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's the same argument both Vaiamerda and I have been making and has not changed: Bayern paid $35 million. No one in their right minds pays $35 million for a developmental prospect to sit the bench and contribute a couple years down the road. That is the type of money you spend on somebody who makes impact almost immediately. He started 3 of the first 5 games of the season, so he clearly had a role on the squad going into the season that hasn't panned out the way they had hoped. Sure, he's 19, so he's got time and it would be harsh to label him a full-on bust, but to pay $35 million, start 3 of the first 5 games (4 starts total I believe), and then to see barely any playing time since then means that he has not lived up to that price tag. As we've stated multiple times, nobody pays $35 for a developmental prospect. That's the kind of money you spend on players expected to make an immediate impact.

As far as Mario being overrated, I have mixed feelings about that. Although his performances were spotty, our team has clearly not been the same without him. He's ha d a role for Inter.

You can make all the comparisons you want with CR7, and although it's a different day and age, Man U didn't pay $35 million for CR7 and, as such, didn't expect him to make an immediate impact. Renato was starting games towards the second half of the Euro, so to suggest Bayern bought him as a developmental project is a little misguided.

18. VERDINHO

VERDINHO Member

May 29, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The objective and subjective posters in this thread are so easy to single out. Anyone who is calling Renato a bust is either demonstrably biased or knows absolutely nothing about the process at bigger, much richer clubs. It's as simple as that. Get real and stop being pathetic.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sure. The process is to spend 35 million and expect results years from now. You guys are full of sh*t if you think that's what Bayern had in mind. Sure, he may not be a bust at this moment as he has loads of potential but there's no f*cking way the spent 35 million for this dude to play 10 games all year.

20. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20 appearances this season, so far

21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    k

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:whistling:

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Getting "called up regularly" means shit. He has barely been playing. Santos is no different than you guys: An SLB homer. Besides, who else is going to play that spot? Andre Gomes? That dude has been terrible and Sanches proved he has more upside than Gomes.

24. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Barca's coach has a love fest with AG.

I don't mind that. Gives him more time to get comfortable and eventually prove everybody wrong.

25. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Lucho is gone after this year and the rumors are Barca is after Di Maria and Thiago (nevrr should have let him ago). Hes got to prove himself sooner rather than later