Reigning on sunday - the 2014/2015 off/pre season thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by Blaze20, Aug 12, 2014.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Not sure if this has come up here but Chris Henderson mentioned the other day that Goebel is out of contract with INAC.

2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Brilliant. Now let's just hope that she is interested in returning to the states and that the reign are negotiating with her

3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well, if the money is there and who knows in the NWSL, Goebel would certainly be in the cat bird seat. With Little and Fishlock there and Leroux and Rapinoe gone, Goebel would become the key front line player.

4. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    She Frisbie, and Foxhoven up top.

5. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    It is the off season, nothing is happening so let's spend the next 7 days prior to the draft over analyzing this picture.

I personally think what is missing from that list is

- Sign Goebel at all cost

6. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Accomplished.

But what is Japan planning on doing with their players? We already know Canada is holding their players out.

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I dont think Japan is doing anything. I think it just depends on what club. Ogimi just signed in Germany so she'll be there til mid May. Ohno and Kinga did not re-sign with Arsenal so theyll be playing in Japan. I imagine Kumagi will be in Lyon until the end of D1.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders

9. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  10. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Rachel Corsie has just left Notts County Ladies after 1 season. She was rumoured to be on £16,000 a year which is affordable for any NWSL team. Currently involved with a certain Welsh midfielder.
    She is a center back.

blissett repped this.
  12. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Would she take away Kawasumi's international position though?

[​IMG]

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    She is a good player so the Reign might be interested although Arsenal are rumoured to be on the look-out as well.

14. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Seattle has only used 2 of their 4 international slots, at the moment. So signing her would not prevent Kawasumi from returning.

blissett repped this.
  15. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If that's the case, I'd like to revisit:

I think any of them would be a good addition,

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kirby has signed again with Reading the only WSL 2 player with a pro contract. Wiltshire signed with Man City. Parris is rumoured to leave Everton ....for City. None of those players are as good as Kawasumi in term of quality though. They are good but nothing special. I am sure Harvs can get top top players for the international spots.

17. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
  18. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh, for sure I wasn't saying any of them were equal to what Kawasumi has done in her career. Just thought they would be a solid addition, especially once the NT'ers are gone.

19. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I don't think it's a case of whether they are better than Kawasumi, but a case of their availability and being better than what will be there during the WWC (ie Wiltshire vs Foxhoven, which would be better?).

20. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Gareth Bale??? :D

lunatica and Blaze20 repped this.
  21. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    So I saw this news on twitter before seeing it here. I think there's a good chance R. Corsie will play in the NWSL but I'm not sure if it will be Seattle. We already have Fletcher and Barnes and Holly Hein as a back up. I can however see a team like the Spirit needing her services though. They already have another Scot in Harding so it could be a good team for her.

22. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Here is the updated roster with changes (this appears to be updated quite recently because Beverly was listed here before the announcement):
    • With the signing of Goebel, we now have a bonafide CF that should be available all season. To compliment her we have...
    • Merritt Mathias who is now listed as a forward. Given how she was deployed by FCKC, I'm guessing she is our new RF to replace Naho. I wish her the best of luck.
    • Frisbie is also listed as forward and given her body of work in college, she will most likely play as LF filling in for Rapinoe.
    • Sadly we lost Moscato. This is a bigger loss off the field than on it as she barely play a full game for this team. On the other hand, she was a huge character off the field in a good way.

The roster is currently at 20 spots but we still have the upcoming draft. I'm not sure what the Reign strategy is and for me I don't see any pressing need. Maybe if we can get a mid fielder or two, but than again who knows. Anyway, I like how this team have shaped up with the NT away. I predict that the preferred starting 11 without the NTs will be:

Kopmeyer
    Cox, Barnes, Fletcher, Reed
    Winters, Little, Fishlock
    Frisbie, Goebel, Mathias

upload_2015-1-14_11-2-53.png

23. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I feel confident, that that lineup will still be able to pull out positive results!

24. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Relatively speaking on paper I think the gap between this team and any other team without their NT players is much greater than the gap last year. What is left to be seen is if that will translate to the pitch.

Realistically speaking the only player this team will really miss is Naho. Last year team was already racking up wins before Rapinoe started playing. Goebel was arguably better than Sydney last year and Hope really didn't do much.

I'm really happy with the team entering this season. I think the biggest unknowns will be the play of Frisbie and Mathias. I'm off the believe that they should do well because they have both trained/played for the two best teams last year

25. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Wonder why? She seemed happy with the Reign.....