Reign 2014 - General discussion

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by Blaze20, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Has anyone heard anything from Arod and when or if she would be returning? With Pinoe gone, it'll be great if she was available for the Reign.

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember Seattle still owes Chicago the rights to one of its US allocated players. Seattle isn't giving up Hope or Rapinoe, and I doubt Chicago would agree to take Winters back. Rodriguez may be headed to Chicago for 2014.

3. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Oops, guess we (I have adopted Seattle) have to look somewhere else.

4. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then what happens if Rodriguez and Winters both lose their allocation spots for next season? That deal Seattle made could be an even bigger problem for them than we all initially thought.

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine that if Winters and Rodriguez lose their allocation that the Reign will be picking up the players that replace them...

6. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Unless the players allocated to replace Winters and Rodriguez are already in the league and playing for FCKC. Then Chicago and Seattle will just have empty slots.

7. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is an interesting question.. What happens if someone becomes an "allocated" player and they are already on a team? Do they get to stay with the team and the team now has excess allocated players, or does the team have to give someone up?

8. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I have picked up from misc. woso twitter and facebook sources (perhaps the Equalizer?), Seattle may have made that deal with Chicago betting on the fact that Winters would lose allocation and therefore it may give up Chicago's rights to Seattle's U.S. allocation spot. I think the trade was conditional based on IF Winters was allocated next year.

I also read recently (I think the Reign's fb page) that the Reign expect to have Solo, Cox, Winters, Fishlock and ARod in addition to 1/2 season Rapinoe back for next year. Sorry I do not remember my sources.

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Reign acquire Kim Little after trading her rights with Spirit. This information should come out soon as the English season is finished for Arsenal.

ladyofwh repped this.
  10. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Don't know much about her can you tell me more about what kind of player she is. Also, is she leaving Arsenal for good because the FA WSL and NWSL do overlap

11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Ok so I just read a bit about her on wikipedia and I do remember her a little from the Euros. This must be the move Harvey was looking to make by offloading Arod from the forward position and waiving van Egmond to free up the international slot.
    Did she by any chance play for Harvey when she was at Arsenal?

12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well she played both USWNT games against Scotland back in February and scored one of their goals.

13. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Kim Little is one of the best underrated players in the world.
    If she played with a Top 5 FIFA ranked nation (instead of Scotland) then she'd be recognized as a Top 40 overall player in the world, and Top 10 at her position.

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So whats the source on this?

15. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Well shlj usually have all the insiders knowledge about the FA WSL so I tend to believe his/her reports

16. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well Im not saying it's out of left field. Ive seem it listed as a rumor on some English sites. I was wondering if someone other than Arsenal, Seattle or Little had actually confirmed it.

17. ladyofwh

ladyofwh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's an old article on Kim Little's contract with Arsenal. It's in last paragraph. I haven't heard or read anything about Little renewing contract with Arsenal. I am excited about the possibility of her joining the Reign.

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    She is a typical number 10 playmaker, she has quick feet, good vision, can pass, shoot, very clinical when needed. She can eliminate defenders in a small perimeters. A game winner. She is very intelligent. She is a good as Louisa Necib for example.
    When Kelly Smith left Arsenal for the Breakers she took the sole responsibilty in leading Arsenal and just did it without a problem. Kim is 23 years old.

Katreus repped this.
  19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Maybe Seattle gets Rapinoe a little sooner now that Lyon is out of UEFA Champions League.

20. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's also the French Cup, the final of which is after the CL final. So this loss won't affect Rapinoe's return date, unless Lyon gets knocked out before the final.

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Unless they server ties. Lyon is pretty much guaranteed a CL birth next year. Maybe they decide their money is better spent bringing in people in the second half of the season who will help them down the road. Too be honest, Rapinoe could prolly use the break.

22. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Thanks for the quick starting report. If all of this pans out, it will be interesting how Harvey intends to play both Fishlock and Little given that they both play the 10 role.
    Do you happen to know if they both played together at Arsenal (I'm not sure if their time there overlapped) and what position they both played?

23. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I doubt it. Though the stay in Europe will now be all the more longer for her with no CL to look forward to. Must be hard to keep motivated when all you are looking forward to is sub 90 minute games against sub-par competition.

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Fishlock is used in Europe as a number 6 or 8 position while Little is used in 8 or 10.
    It really depends if Laura wants to have a 3rd midfield player alongside those 2 who is a typical defensive mid or another number 8. That way all 3 midfield players rotate and sit deep alternatively.
    Fishlock didnt play for Arsenal, so those 2 never played together.

25. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Considering they still dont have a scoring forward, I would expect Little to be high enough to carry the scoring load. Harvey has assembled a very impressive midfield. If she can find a striker to put on top of the cake and some help at CB they should be a very tough team.