Regular members should also have avatars and sigs

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by persiantiger, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002

hahahahaa you've got good rep with a yelow card. good for you.

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If all the other sites were jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, would you jump to?

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Ah it's good to own a credit card and have your parents pay the bills :D

4. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Then why did I get 2 new neg reps and another threat to get carded from you today?

[​IMG]

What took you so long this time? You are not doing a good job huss I am gonna get you fired!

I am not a site so I can't comment on that.

5. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez... the price is only $32.99 a year for heaven's sake!

6. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Member

Mar 3, 1999
    It's actually only $14.99 per year if you don't mind seeing a few ads.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

...but instead are used as signs of appreciation for posters who fork over 30 clams a year - many of whom just started their third year of doing so and are now in the neighborhood of $100 bucks contributed for the support of this site.

It's a crazy, crazy world where people who pay get something that people who don't can't have.

8. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The only reason I bought the membership was to support the site since I've been using it for over 4 years now.

Some people who use the site may take it more seriously; they pay the extra dough, which comes out to less than .10 cents a day. That isn't all that unreasonable a price IMO. It's a service. However nobody's really limited because you can still post and use the site for free. If people want to have avatars and sigs, be connected to a better server (which may come in handy tonite) and avoid many ads, just do the 30 bucks or even less than that - the 14.99 membership.

Free sigs and avatars were once available to members of the website. But the website has grown in users since the site's inception therefor some of the features of the site has to be cut for capacity sake. I don't mind the fee. If you like the site and use it, just pay for it like any other service. If people don't think it's worth it, then okay, you don't have to pay and can still use the site. However people that do pay should have something extra.

9. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    you forgot to bold it

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Put me in that club <---cheapskate alert :D

11. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have pretty low standards, apparently.

12. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a little impressed how early Huss wakes up in the morning to neg-rep persiantiger.

13. Kelly Vargas

Kelly Vargas New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Scottsdale, Az
    i wish huss had a crush on me like he does on tiger...

14. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Huss is probably using my username as his homepage.
    huss's plans for the day
    4:30 am
    wake up and give pt neg rep
    4:31 am
    waits as the pc loads the page
    4:32 am
    gives pt another neg rep(as has been proven on many occasions he dosen't need to spread rep around like the other users and can give as many reps as he wants)
    this continues until 7:00 am when he heads to work.
    7:45 am he gets to work and rushes upstairs without saying hello or anything he kicks one of the guys of his computer and gives pt another neg rep, the computers at work are super slow(thats one of the reasons why he has came up with the primum membership idea, to chagre ppl and with their money get better computers) so one by one he kicks everyone of their chairs and gives pt neg reps one after another.
    9:00 am all the computers are down and haven't finished loading since huss has used all the bandwidth as a result huss is going crazy and calls some friends to go on their computers and give pt neg reps.
    10:00 am the computers return to normal and huss neg reps pt until it's time to go home (notice huss is the boss of the place so no one can say anything to him, i dunno why they work for him I guess they say he might be crazy but he sure pays good and all we do is talk on the bigsoccer radio where no one even listens to, ez money)
    8 pm huss gets home goes on the computer orders pizza and tells the pizza maker to arrange the mushrooms in a way that reads neg rep pt just in case he forgets his task when he is eating as he believes food should not distract one from reaching their goals, while on the phone he is neg repping pt...
    11:30 pm gets ready to go to bed and keeps telling himself this is the last one but after clicking submit he says what the heck one more this goes on until 2 am when he finally falls asleep.
    4 am the card beside pt's name is green again....

huss has a crush on me? ahh that explains it.

15. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a tip:

If you fashion a little hat out of aluminum foil, the rays from the Mothership can't penetrate your head and read your thoughts.

And don't forget to stop by the clinic for your meds again today.

16. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    you a sci-fi nerd then?

17. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca
    14 bucks aint worth the features...unless you could like moderate and manupulate the site and crap

18. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post this...

Huss, I know I wasn't supposed to bring this up in front of the non-premium members, but I gotta say - the free iPod you sent here is just great. I mean I'll be the first to admit that I was skeptical at first, but I paid the $32 anyway.

Boy am I glad I did!

Oh, and also, the high definition video avatars that us Super Premium Members get to create and show off only to other SPMs are just awesome. This clip I have now of the Paris Hilton video is getting all kinds of great responses via PM. And that video converter you provide is just so amazingly easy to navigate through even for this lowly beginer.

By the way, you never told us before - what exactly do the non Premium Members see in place of our video avatars?

Thanks for the great site and for treating us rich folks with the respect we deserve,

Amerifolklegend.

19. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes you do. And we have the right to mock you mercilessly for your scroogesque idiocy.

20. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    except I'm guessing that the minority logs a factor of ten as many hours then the majority. Or something like that.

21. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or to shrink the size of the sigs...or the size of the avatars...or up the number of seconds between posts...and standardizing font sizes...

Seriously, they're taking away Premium bells-and-whistles and now you jacknuts want to get in on it for free??

and RichardL - go into my PF. I resent the fact that you think most sigs suck

22. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    sigs were always this size. the font tag was being abused. avatars have not changed. number of seconds is still 30.

23. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

The first sign that the apocalypse is upon us

[​IMG]

24. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    I used to think Avatars and sigs should have been free, but now I am a paying member I don't quite have the same view.

I have been dissapointed that the arcade has been down since I became a member, so I have not seen it yet and this is one of the 'extra' things us members get.

25. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI
    if hes going to have that on his av, then give it to him :D