Regular members should also have avatars and sigs

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by persiantiger, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

All the other sites are doing it! phus or huss or whatever get with the times girl friend. Bigsoccer is soooo 90's. I mean HELLOOO it's like 2004 cmon even tinysawker provides avatars and sigs for its members.

if the regular dudes and dudet members all unite we can sink you by peeing don't you ever and the mighty tiger means EVER forget that.. chicken wang

:( :) :cool: :mad:

buurrrp

2. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Then you can enjoy posting on those sites with your avatar and your sig.

This ain't a charity case.

3. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe once you reach a certain post count you can choose your own avatar -- say 1,000 posts.

4. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah it's a good idea

5. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    You guys better start passing the hat around and get some money together to give refunds to people who paid for that stuff.

6. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    I am not saying that regular members should have all the other benefits that paying members get. I am just suggesting avatars.

7. fiddlestick

fiddlestick New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    The 4 8 0
    Then poll the entire Bigsoccer Supporters Club, find out what percentage of them valued Avatars as a reason why they chose to pay for premium membership, find out where Avatars rank in a list of importance of the features included in premium membership, then weight it accordingly. Find out what percentage of people's membership fee the Avatars represent, then go back and collect that amount of money.

8. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    Is this not called the Suggestions and Announcements forum? Do I not have every right to suggest something? Damn...

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could it be that this site has higher overhead than some other sites that don't get nearly the traffic that this one does?

10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    You exercised that right. Others are exercising their right to disagree with you. To be in favor of free speech, you have to acknowledge others' right to criticize you.

Your suggestion in a nutshell: "Give me something for free that others are currently paying for," is good for you, but you make no effort to explain why it is good for Premium Members or for the site itself.

11. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    The majority of people here don't pay. So yes it would be good for the majority of people.

And I suggested that once members reach 1,000 posts that they should be given the option of choosing an avatar. If you look at my post count, that's not really helping me yet.

12. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    best. thread. ever. :)

13. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally I hate sigs. Normally the 'joke' contained in them is not even funny the first time you see it, let alone the 287th. The thought of see sigs everywhere is one of the things that's put me off paying up for full membership.

Of course what could be done, at no real loss (that I know of) would be to have the boards operate in full premium member format for one day a month so people know what they are missing out on.

14. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    I wondered why we don't get sigs and avatars, answer the question Huss.

I mean I enjoy this site, but I don't want to pay bloody 10 pounds for a bloody sig and avatar, comeon wtf.

That and I don't have a credit card.

15. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    nope. being the official soccer boards of fox msn 365 and others takes minimal effort, and certainly no interest in the sport.

16. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But hey, you got your very own yellow card without having to pay, right? Think of the value.

17. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    and we are preventing you from using the entire site for free how?

18. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Do me a favor remove this card, I've had it for a week now.

19. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    Anyway, what happened with my suggestion? I've been here since 2002, and rarely do I suggest something.

20. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It's a great suggestion, but we have no plans to change premium membership at this point, except to add additional features to it.

21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    But explain how giving out free sigs and avatars benefits this site and justifies to extra cost.
    So a sig and an avatar aren't worth 10 pounds to you so they're clearly not that important, yet here you are....

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care what all the other sites are doing! You are not going out of the house dressed like that!
    :)

23. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Ah go on....go on....you know you want to....ah go on....go on

I want an avatar of this. :D

[​IMG]

24. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    I never suggested signatures. Free avatars could be used as signs of appreciation to posters who have been part of this community for years.

But I guess I got my answer from someone who ACTUALLY has a word on this, not just a person who pays.

25. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want my free beer served in a frosted mug.

A FROSTED MUG DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

copyright Northside Rovers, 2004