Referee Assignment Announcements & Discussion [Rs]

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: Refereeing' started by SouthRef, Jun 10, 2014.

1. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the goalposts just wound up in another solar system.

2. MrRC

MrRC Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Sadly, a large amount of this thread is not worth reading due to the petty bickering amongst a few posters. Too bad, as analysis of the actual assignments could have been productive and insightful.
    While a handful random posters have exhibited poor etiquette, it is extremely disappointing to actually see a moderator and staff member engaging in this behavior. Such is obviously not befitting of a person occupying those positions for the site.
    Constantly being sarcastic, making outright derisory comments about another poster, and just plain ole' name calling (snotty jerk) are all cause for a sanction and even a ban from the forum when done by any general member.
    Of course, I highly doubt that we will see such applied here due to the aforementioned fact that poster is all that is a moderator and staff member. Perhaps stripping him of those titles and duties would be a more fitting punishment. His shameful behavior has not been a credit to BigSoccer.

FCDeportivoRealUnited repped this.
  3. Kahuna412

Kahuna412 New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    MassRef, I want to tell you that I've enjoyed this thread, and while it didn't go our way today, I sat on the beach and hoped. A very cool feeling to even be thinking that a colleague was being considered for the biggest match in the world.

Thank you, my friends, for this entertaining and informative thread. I don't know when I'll revisit this particular forum, but this was a lot of fun. Even to consider the possibility, this was fun.

And RedStar91 earned his evisceration.

jazehr, MrPerfectNot, Misterb2u and 7 others repped this.
  4. Rufusabc

Rufusabc Member+

May 27, 2004

Beat me to this post. I also would like to commend our moderator, Mass Ref, as well. A great read for the entire tournament.

Red Star will now need a visa to get into the Great State of New Jersey. No pork roll egg and cheese for you, pal. No Johnson's Popcorn on the OC boardwalk. No tomato pies in Trenton. You are hereby consigned to pump your own gas. (Yeah, we really can't). No visits to the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. No blueberries from Hammonton. Don't try to get into NJ. We got the borders covered! :laugh::whistling::whistling:

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  5. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please. Just because he's a moderator doesn't limit him from evoking an opinion. Much less one that is shared by the vast majority of the board. It's an internet forum for heaven's sake. Stop whining.

KCbus, JasonMa and drummer68 repped this.
  6. drummer68

drummer68 Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Well, it's not the ONLY way... #banhammer

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it's Tonya Harding. Gilooly was Harding's husband. He paid someone to club Kerrigan to insure Harding would win.

AremRed repped this.
  8. AremRed

AremRed Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    I haven't seen much discussion on what Busacca was thinking when he assigned Rizzoli. Anyone care to speculate on his method? What can we learn from this assignment?

9. jarbitro

jarbitro Member+

Mar 13, 2003
    N'Djamena, Tchad
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what i said after the QFs:
    That's what I still think. I am encouraged by this assignment because it looked to me like Rizzoli was the top ref of the tournament (other than maybe Pitana, who obviously couldn't do it). Vera looked good too, and so did Kypers. But honestly, Rizzoli just coasted through his games. I love it when the best performing official in the tournament gets the final. It speaks that on field performance in the tournament is more important than the politics and such (which are obviously there).

Also it bodes well in future tournaments that getting a favored team early on, or even in the QF's does not mean that you are less likely to get the final. That is great news. All in all, I think Bussaca did a great job on this tournament. The right refs got the right games (other than the Cabrillo assignment--yea gads).

IASocFan repped this.