redefining BOSS goals

Discussion in 'Terminus Legion' started by Eleven Bravo, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the general consensus is that BOSS should be made to be more Atlanta specific. thus, i have created this thread if there are any objections to focusing BOSS solely on Atlanta MLS.

2. GoingGoaling

GoingGoaling Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Atlanta
  3. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. HeMan

HeMan Member

Jun 5, 2006
    Earth
    agree. mls2atl can you put a star in the geographic region of atlanta on the crest?

5. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i didnt make the crest.... in fact its been so long i dont rmr who did.... does anyone rmr who did it?

6. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw some interesting sites posted in the Atlanta forum. Apparently there's another group that calls themselves Atlanta United. BOSS definitely needs to try to work with these guys and combine forces. A splintered group of supporters is not a good thing.

http://www.uniteatlanta.com/

http://atlwantsmls.com/

7. offside33

offside33 Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who the heck are these people? Someone should tell them to reset their timer :D. There is nothing that I have seen on their sites that say anything about them except their one explicit goal.

8. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA
    I like BOSS and would love to build this into something great. I have been thinking of a few ideas to help get BOSS and the MLS to ATL cause out there.

1. Getting a "Bring MLS to ATL" or "For the Love of MLS, put a team in ATL" sign to the ESPN MLS game. Almost make it like the Washington State Flag at College Gameday on ESPN. Where ever there is an MLS game on ESPN our sign is there. This is easier said than done but it requires enlisting help from SoB's, Timber's Army and others to ship and place the sign every week.

2. Reaching out to the current and former MLS/ National team players that have ATL/Southern connections. I was thinking almost a marketing campaign for BOSS and ATL using Matt Reis, Josh Wolff, Clint Mathis, Ricardo Clarke and more. Something simple like "ATL needs MLS"

3. Regular monthly "meeting" to watch games and to make sure we are focused as a group and moving towards our goals, which obviously we will need to hammer out.

4. Support what we have. Go to Beat and Silverbacks matches. I am not saying everyone needs to be at all the games, but at least have a presence at as many if not all the home games. We could even get with the Westside 109.

5. Get Scarves, T-shirts and stickers people would actually like to have. The Cafe Express crap on the BOSS website wont cut it. We don't need tons of options just a couple that work.

Just a few thoughts. What do you guys think. If we are going to make this work, we are going to have to work!

9. offside33

offside33 Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds great to me. I don't get why everybody disappeared as soon as there was supposed to be that meeting. As far as monthly meetings, when do you want to start? I say the sooner the better.

Anyway, what about changing the name of our group? Yeah, BOSS sounds rather badass, but I think if we are going to focus more on Atlanta, we have to consider finding a name that incorporates this.

10. FC Zanarkand Abes!

Aug 13, 2007
    Resurgens Atlanta FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to some Atlanta United organizers at the Friday MLS pre-season game in Kennesaw. Nothing fancy, but effective: flyers advertising the website, telling everyone what color to wear at Sunday's match and where to sit, and notifying of ticket and beer discounts for Sunday. They're focusing on Atlanta rather than the region (some Atlantans really don't care about the rest of the Southeast), and I've actually seen them at a soccer event. So far, it's been successful, and I'm impressed with their approach. Some fans just want to meet up to watch the game ;)

And their shield works for me :cool:

11. danielofthedale

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Points 3-5 are all really good and easily doable. Points 1 and 2 would have to follow the latter.

As for monthly meetings I am there. When to start? I would say the next couple of weeks. I will be at the Brewhouse next tuesday for the Meet and Greet the Silverbacks are putting on.

We need to be loud and organized at Silverbacks game as well. We really should come up with some songs and chats for them.

12. danielofthedale

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These are guys that are actually out at soccer events raising awareness for bring MLS to Atlanta. I know it seems like a crazy idea to BOSS, but it is the only way to really ever get any traction for the cause.:D

13. FC Zanarkand Abes!

Aug 13, 2007
    Resurgens Atlanta FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It had to be said...

14. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA
    I see 2 being much further down the line but you never know. #1 takes a little organizing but is possible. The main key is to get a point person with the other groups and make it as easy as possible for them to facilitate.

I will be out of town with work otherwise I would love to be there. Shane Moroney will be playing for the Backs. He went to school up here in Rome at Berry College!:)

15. offside33

offside33 Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What specifically are they doing to raise awareness?

16. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think there's a need to. most supporter groups don't have the name of the city inside it. Plus, even though we focus on Atlanta, it's still going to be the "south's" team.

17. atlSPURSfan

atlSPURSfan Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    I am one of the guys on the Atl Wants MLS team and I have some big plans. One thing I want to do is unite all of the people who want to bring a soccer team to Atlanta. I have over 1000 signatures and emails already and will be doing everything I can to get that number higher and higher. We are also creating a firm that shows how passionate we are about soccer and how dedicated we are to helping Atlanta.

I invite any member of BOSS to email me at matt@mattstigall.com as I would love to discuss how we can collaborate our efforts and help each other out.

Thanks!

18. offside33

offside33 Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds awesome. BOSS seems rather dead to me right now so perhaps we should just absorb into you guys :D

19. atlSPURSfan

atlSPURSfan Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Sounds good! We are not really trying to be a 'supporters group' but instead a combination of all supporters group into one 'official group'.

We are parlaying this into a supporters group called 'Terminus' if people are interested, but they can choose to form there own if they want.

20. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terminus. Nice name and it has historical background pertaining to ATL.

21. atlSPURSfan

atlSPURSfan Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Our thoughts exactly.

It all ends here.

22. FC Zanarkand Abes!

Aug 13, 2007
    Resurgens Atlanta FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terminus sounds like a winner. Honorable mention goes to Peachtree Street Hooligans.

23. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peachtree Street Hooligans is a thousand times better than Terminus. but i might drop the street since it's kind of a tongue twister. Terminus is horrible. again, why not just take what we have here and run with it?

24. danielofthedale

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because there is nothing here. No activity at all. Its time get more proactive and I think this new group is just what is needed.

25. atlSPURSfan

atlSPURSfan Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    A couple of weeks ago I did a search for organizations ACTIVELY trying to bring the MLS to Atlanta and found none. So I started one.

Don't want to step on anyone's toes, but we are moving forward at a very accelerated pace.

If you are interested, we would love to have you join us. One big group that is united is better than many split groups.