Red Devils Rising - Past & Future Squads

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Blondo, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Red Devils are ...

Poll closed Sep 23, 2014.
  1. Rising

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Falling

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013

Gorando and Mikebsiu repped this.
  2. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013

Reportedly the private sector will fund the whole project ... probably Anderlecht will also move to this venue ... 4 EURO2020 matches (maybe the opening game is one of those 4) = we'll play at least 2 group matches in Brussels.

3. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    While Hazard wins the PFA Young Player of the Year award and features together with Kompany in the PFA Team of the Year ... Courtois reaches another milestone: 100 clean sheets ... most GKs never achieve this feat, let alone at the age of 21 ... when Cech was about 23yo he only had 37 clean sheets, Neuer 60, Buffon 62 and Casillas comes closest with 71 clean sheets ... next season Courtois can add even more clean sheets and of course in Brazil ... in the last 2 seasons he kept 40 clean sheets, no other GK in Europe's top 5 leagues does better and most likely Courtois will receive another Zamora Trophy.

4. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Look at mourinho, he is now blaming hazard for the loss in champion's league!

5. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Eliaquim Mangala and Andreas Pereira were recently called up by France (WC2014 squad) and Brazil (U20) respectively ... both players look promising and have a Belgian passport ... I'm hoping this doesn't become a trend ... yet it also illustrates that we're doing well ... Brazil, the Belgians of South America :ROFLMAO:.

Mangala's transfer to Man City could be a done deal already ... possibly starving the likes of Bossaerts, Boyata and Denayer of chances to break through. Unsure if Boyata can resist this kind of money and choose to unlock his potential at a club where he can play regular first team football ... Bossaerts and Denayer might go down that road too ... both are promising talents at Man City but might have benefited more from a similar career path as Kompany or Mangala ... Man City's stockpile of Belgian talents looks like a scary prospect.

6. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Good read: Thibaut Courtois en de Belgische kunst van het keepen. - Sport.be

Not a fan of very short posts ... so please enjoy this pun:

[​IMG]

7. S Oak

S Oak New Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Folks,

Please excuse the hijacking of this thread for World Cup ticket information, but I thought this forum with Belgium fans makes sense for this info.

I have 3 x Cat 1 tickets for Belgium / Algeria that my group does not need anymore and, to be honest, we'd just rather sell them for a good price to true fans of that game than give them back to FIFA for the 10% hit.

In short, we're selling them for $135 each. I have the tickets and can send them to any place they need to be. If you know of anyone who'd like to go to that game, PM myself or email soakey77@hotmail.com

8. S Oak

S Oak New Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Folks,

Please excuse the hijacking of this thread for World Cup ticket information, but I thought this forum with Belgium fans makes sense for this info.

I have 3 x Cat 1 tickets for Belgium / Algeria that my group does not need anymore and, to be honest, we'd just rather sell them for a good price to true fans of that game than give them back to FIFA for the 10% hit.

In short, we're selling them for $135 each. I have the tickets and can send them to any place they need to be. If you know of anyone who'd like to go to that game, PM myself or email soakey77@hotmail.com

9. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  10. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Youth and amateur football reform ... has been covered in bits & pieces in older articles ... now there's a coherent document containing the strategic objectives.

11. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    For the second year in a row ...

[​IMG]

12. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  13. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Our U19's are not going to the EC in Hungary ... against Portugal, the host country, they needed a win and it was looking great after the 1st half (2-0) ... yet André Silva scored a brace in the 2nd and in the final minutes our fate was sealed: 2-3.

14. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Which young players will emerge as household names or have already shown that they have what it takes ahead of the 2014/15 season?

- Thibaut Courtois ... it's very likely that he'll be the No. 1, even if Cech stays ... I'm hoping Courtois can adjust quickly to the EPL (and pick up a thing or 2 if Cech shares his vast experience).

... other promising keepers include Casteels, Craninx, Coosemans, Kaminski, etc. but imao nobody comes close to Courtois' level.

- Thomas Meunier ... will he move or will he stay? ... getting plenty of BL love.

... other promising defenders include Bossaerts, Cavanda, Denayer, De Bock, Engels, Mechele, etc. ... Bossaerts (Man City) most likely has the highest potential but lacks time on the pitch to show his skills unlike Meunier. *Mangala has the Belgian nationality ... still considered as a product of our youth development, yet France will reap the rewards.

- Eden Hazard ... last season his assists should have reached double digits but even sitters were often squandered by Torres, Eto'o, Oscar, etc. ... hoping that Hazard shines again in the current season.

... other promising midfielders include De Bruyne, Januzaj, T.Hazard, Ferreira-Carrasco, Pereira (Brazil?), Malanda, M.Bruno, Praet, Vanaken, Limbombe, Mpoku, Musonda, Tielemans, etc.

- Romelu Lukaku ... the manager that can get the most out of Lukaku, probably is Martinez ... looks like a great move.

... other promising strikers include Bakkali, Batshuayi, Benteke, G.Bruno, Henen, Lestienne, Origi, Schrijvers, etc. ... we're spoiled for choice and if most of these players unlock their potential, competition will be fierce.

PS only players born on or after 1 January 1991 ... so 23yo or younger ... De Laet is "too old", yet I'd like to see how he copes in the EPL ... Pocognoli too (although my expectations are low for this pair of FBs).

15. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Respect@ Big Dan on a superb career.

Blondo repped this.
  16. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    New kits - by Adidas

[​IMG]

17. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Youth development is strictly business - ESPN
    Why Dedryck Boyata Has Never Made It at Manchester City - erm B/R
    Jason Denayer: Celtic sign Manchester City defender on loan - BBC

18. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    They suck!

They are an existing design they just attached a KBVB logo to.
    Shameful for such a big company.
    I also don't understand they could not have prepped a design, they have after all been negotiating for months.

19. The411

The411 Member

Oct 12, 2013
    For as much flak as Burrida got for their jerseys at least they tried something inventive. I'm furious that the FA accepted Adidas and didn't reject these jerseys they are the worst ones I've ever seen.

Red shirt Adidas white stoping and the emblem. No style to them what so ever.

20. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Balotelli moved to Liverpool for 20M euros ... that's 15M less than Lukaku's move to Everton.

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    They just used an existing design.
    How hard can it be to make a better shirt than that? It's total nonsense that this should take twenty months. :rolleyes:
    I quite liked the shirts that Burrda made for the WC, minus the font they chose for the numbers and player names (which was too close to Comic Sans).

22. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Burrda, KAS Eupen and other ways to wet your beak with Qatari money ... you can trust our bobos and their dislike of shady business ... a bright future, that's their sole objective.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/16/s...g-to-rise-buys-a-foothold-in-europe.html?_r=1

My best guess ... the Adidas deal benefits Belgian football more than the Burrda one ... granted the current kits will need to look better asap.

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Apparently ASAP in Adidas terms means 20 months.
    Of course this is total BS.
    As Geert De Vlieger said on Extra Time, do you really believe that if Adidas took over Man U this Summer they too would have to wait 20 months to get proper kits?

24. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013