Red Bulls in 2017 U.S. Open Cup [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by EvanJ, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today the MLS clubs will have their Fourth Round U.S. Open Cup opponents announced.

miggly repped this.
  2. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Red Bulls face NYCFC @ Red Bull Arena, June 14th, 7:30 PM. Maybe for once there will be a good turnout for an Open Cup Match?

EvanJ repped this.
  3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The time has been changed to 8:00 P.M. I hope it will be on TV.

4. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at both home games for the Cosmos and the Philadelphia loss. I thought both those games were well attended for USOC games. And both visiting fans came out in good numbers.

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Red Bulls won 1-0. Daniel Royer was subbed on at halftime and scored in the 67th minute.

Dyvel repped this.
  6. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roughly around 11,000 in attendance. Entertaining game. RB could easily have lost with NYC hitting post twice. However, overall, RB was the better team.

7. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Grella had a tough half and was pulled for the start of 2nd . I've missed most games this season so not sure why he was on the right and Muyl on left. Is this new? Wasn't working. RB took over in the 2nd with Royer's energy. Dominated possession, albeit not too many clear opportunities to score. Thought Long was decent in place of Lawrence. Other than the shot off post, did David Villa touch the ball?? RB won all the 50/50 balls in 2nd half.

8. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Dyvel repped this.
  9. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Grella seems to play his best on the left, and Royer is at his best on the right. I'm not sure where that leaves Muyl, except that he has been as steady a winger as the team has had this season.

10. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Is tonight's match online?

11. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am intrigued by the 3-back system we saw out there last night. We definitely don't have the numbers at CB to play that exclusively at this time, but I thought it allowed our midfielders to get on the ball in more dangerous positions in the final third.
    It could become a very good option if we can acquire a few defensive players in the window.
    Also Kemar Lawrence offers more going forward from the wingback position than any of our other guys do from a higher starting point. That's very telling.

12. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Philly should have won this if not for some horrible shooting and some good saves from Meara. The two injuries to Collin and Long took any flow out of the team. But it was great to see five really well taken penalties. It's been ages since a team I rooted for won one of these!

13. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    While, it wasn't a terrible option, I think it can be stated unequivocally that Collin is not a good choice as the center of the backline. It only took 20 minutes for his hammy to go, and before then he was beaten like a rented mule on numerous occasions. On one of those especially egregious occasions, Long had to come sprinting across field, an even farther distance, in order to bail him out. I don't recall, but that might have been when Collin actually got hurt. If the team were to employ Murillo at the RCB position, with Long and Perinelle, maybe it could work.

While this formation did allow Davis and opportunity to get into the match, it did not make up for the crapitude that was Kljestan. Better wingback play and even a 2nd forward would also add more punch out of a 3 back set.

14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2017 LH U.S. Open Cup
    Quarterfinals
    Home team first, times are ET

Monday, July 10

San Jose Earthquakes (MLS)  
    v.  
    LA Galaxy (MLS) 10:30 pm

Tuesday, July 11

Sporting Kansas City (MLS)  
    v.  
    FC Dallas (MLS) 8:30 pm

Wednesday, July 12

Miami FC (NASL)  
    v.  
    FC Cincinnati (USL) 7:30 pm

Thursday, July 13

New England Revolution (MLS)  
    v.  
    NY Red Bulls (MLS) 7:30 pm

The semifinals are August 8-9

15. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm flying into Boston on Wednesday July 12 for a month's vacation with my gf and son. Up and down the coast we will go. I'm a huge NY Red Bull fan living in California so when I saw this morning that we're playing on the 13th in Cambridge I was stoked!!! Go Bulls.

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #16 msilverstein47, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    just checked the Revs website...so yeah they are playing again at Jordan Field.
    Wonder if any of the NYRB supporters groups will be organizing bus trips???

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    Red Bulls move on with 1-0 win @ NE on a scrappy BWP goal in 87th minute. Next up, they travel to winner of Miami/Cincinnati (postponed due to weather). If they win, and the Quakes beat KC, the final would be at Red Bull Arena on Sep 20th.
    http://thecup.us/2017-bracket/

19. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there!! What atmosphere our away fans brought. Cool environment as well being on campus. After the game the guys walked right up to us. Got a pic with Sacha and my son. Talked to Sean Davis. Love the Cup!! Keep it going boys!!!

msilverstein47, cwilke1 and miggly repped this.
  20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Semifinals
    Wednesday, August 9
    Sporting Kansas City (MLS) v. San Jose Earthquakes (MLS) 8:30 pm

Wednesday, August 9
    Miami FC (NASL) v. NY Red Bulls (MLS) 7:30 pm

OR

Tuesday, August 15
    FC Cincinnati (USL) v. NY Red Bulls (MLS) 8:00 pm

21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so last night Poku really did everything but score, the home record crowd of over 10,400 go home disappointed with the 1-0 Miami loss. Match really could have gone either way. So let's go to Cincinnati on 8/15 and beat them badly in front of both ESPN and a sell-out crowd there of 40K. This is our year...bring it on!

miggly repped this.
  22. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Regardless of who makes the final, it is going to be a special night on the 15th for Cincinnati continuing this improbable run. I never expected to be here so I'm just enjoying the ride.

kokoplus10 and msilverstein47 repped this.
  23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Cincinnati semifinal match sells out in 7 hours
    Soccer club enjoys largest sale day in its history

http://www.wlwt.com/article/fc-cincinnati-semifinal-match-sells-out-in-seven-hours/11658289

High demand for tickets crashed the sales website from about 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final of #USOC2017 will be broadcast LIVE on @ESPN (2) & @ESPN Deportes at 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on Sept. 20

25. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States