Recopa VISA Sudamericana [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, May 31, 2007.

1. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

You would think they would be sporting BOB's Burgers crowns:p

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Hugo said that Andres Fassi had something to do with refs and everybody jumped on him because "how dare he criticize Andres Fassi"?

A couple of tournaments ago when UNAM won its bicampeonato, Pachuca played Monterrey and they had the upper hand but went to Pachuca and played one of the worst most lackluster games and went out and they never got criticized.

To me the best examples are the whole Meza troubling start and the bad libertadores with Alfredo Tena campaigns. In both Azteca and others, never criticized and they covered them in a way that it was like "poor them" and "we are with you" stuff. I never see that with anybody. America would never get that. Cruz Azul never gets it with their struggles. I applaud what Pachuca has done. I think its historic and they are a great team. But it's kind of what Lavolpe said of the US team. If you are always supported and play without pressure you have an easier road.

You know what I just remembered. F'ck Pachuca. They not only got an extra game rest but they also got Aquivaldo Mosquera back. They got everything for the final and nobody said crap. I remember America getting criticized in the season for playing 3 straight games in Azteca when they played Necaxa or Atlante ( and when the other season it was Atlante or Necaxa's turn to do that, they never said squat) or Veracruz get murdered when they didn't show up against Chiapas and yet Pachuca got every benefit and nobody said anything. See stuff like that pisses me off.

3. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    not really surprised, brazilian teams are pretty much a level above mexican teams. sad to say. i guess there's a reason brazilian teams have won the last two libertadores and CWC, and have a chance to win three in a row, with three different clubs.

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    More so than thier recent success (past 2 years), what i respect about Pachuca is their front office. Their front office is serious, able, and committed to their team and community.

The fact that their front office stuck with the team (and did not sell the franchise) after relegation on 2 different occasions (early 90s) and showed they were committed is something to appluad.

I wish Leon, Puebla, Queretaro, Necaxa, Tampico all had what Pachuca has---different owners that are in the footballing circles because they like football and not just because of the money that can be made.

-----------

but like you said... I do not like the "untouchable" treatment they recieve as if they can do NO wrong.

I do not like the fact that their front office has alot of contact with the officials (with their conventions). I do not like how they are marketing the team. I do not like how they criticize other fan groups when they are the only ones that have been proven to pay south american fan group leaders to teach their fans how to "support".

I do not like how they set aside their losses and glorify their wins

----------------------------

A couple years back, America lost 2-0 to Leon or Morelia (dont remember which team) and I remember the onfield reporter said something to this effect, "como se siente golear el America"....I didnt know a 2-0 marker was considered a blowout.... basically my point is that I do not like how they overhype certain team (flavors of the month) just to belittle others..