Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't get why you guys keep suggesting Bauza. Argentina has a deeper talent pool than us and some of their performances are just embarrassing.

Sampaoli....

Gallardo? Europe > Ecuador

Fossati, last time I heard of him was 10 years ago.

Repetto, I can see him coaching but a nt needs instant results pretty much. Giving youth a chance in qualifiers is going to kill us.

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's not like the older players are doing any better lol

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The duck happened to that dude? The one who got caught doing coke?

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #2204 Luigi408, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Awesome sports talk show. Thank! Never heard of them. Watch it (not done yet) you can see how Pineida was WAYYYY out of his position causing Mina to cover the right side in the first goal. Why was Pineida in the middle of the field!? Terrible tactics. Pineida left the defense wide open. IMO Valencia needed to be the RB because he was going against top Colombian wingers. Valencia is the only one that could have stopped that dangerous attacks. Pineida failed and Quinteros as well for the tactics.

Also, Oyola. Where was he at? The left the middle empty. Please never call Oyola again. He was horrible. Don't tell me he is better than any of the Ecuadorians abroad. That they can't attack and defend better than Oyola!?! No freaking way. Oyola got owned.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I also agree what they say about defense breaking the line should be done one player at a time. This was terrible tactics by Ecuador that TWO players broke the line to cover James. Pineida and Mina both got owned by James because of terrible tactics. Leaving James free on both goals! Incredible! Quinteros fault big time. How do you NOT instruct two players to clearly who should be the one breaking the line and the other one staying behind just in case!? It's baffling that he said we do the same mistakes it it's all tactics. It's all his fault for not preparing the players on what to do if James receives the ball. Oyola once again in the second goal was nowhere to be found and Cuadrado just OWNED Ayovi in the second goal. Embarrassing.

6. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I listened to that part actually and it confirmed the suspicions I had for the longest times. It's really hindering our development because we can't get a proper coach to get us to the next level or at least set a base for the future.

Youth does have its rewards. Remember how Uruguay wasn't doing much in the 2000s until Tabarez came? It's because he was able to integrate youth into his lineup and once his youth gained the experienced they needed, they became a formidable team.

That's something we need to start doing since it will help us transition from one generation to another more smoothly and give the players the necessary exposure to eventually be able to take over without adding any more pressure.

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    5 years from now a lot of those names will drop from that list and new faces will appear. Noboa and Valencia will be 36. Yikes! I doubt they will be on the next list for a world cup but for the whole process of qualifying to Quatar Yes they could still be important for the team. . Valencia like Walter will probably move and changes positions CM/RB for the NT.

If a new coach came a long now and started moving away from those players these are the first 30 players or so I would consider right now. Players like Esterilla, and Preciado might not even become NT material we would hope but at this point we dont have to manny options which is why they are included and why I would keep a player like Marcos Caicedo & Joao Plata. I think we should give them 3 years tops to continue in the NT depending on how they continue to preform of course. Plata could be a super sub and Caicedo can hold down LW till some one better, younger and more promising arises.

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Man they are rumoring Alexis Mendoza as an option this just shows that we really fall low as to who we pick as options for coaches. I dont even really like this guy in IDV yet alone even consider him being part of the NT. We cant even BS big names cause we know there to far from our reach.
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/n...a-alexis-mendoza-de-opcion-para-ecuador/77368

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yes he was right there...he was the one who gave the ball away in the midfield. :mad:

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I can see Brazil go easy on us just to keep Argentina out of the World Cup.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wish man, but when Brazil starts winning consecutively like this they don't stop. There's no exception for them. They won't allow their morale or ego to tune down a bit for anyone right now. Brazil has waited for this moment for a LONG time which makes me highly doubt they'll ease up. I think a catastrophic 5-0 or something similar coming our way. I don't even want to see the next round of Qualifiers b/c it will be devastating IMO.

When Ecuador loses consistently it becomes hard for them to get back on their feet. Especially with Quinteros saying there's no way to fix how they feel about these losses. Not even their own coach believes in them. He was the worst thing to have happened to the NT. We can't have any more of these half ass coaches

12. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New audio of Gustavo Quinteros talking with Vinicio Luna lamenting the fact that he and Chiriboga are no longer with the FEF. He specifically states he told the players they didn't deserve to go to the world cup because of the new leadership.

Well that explains everything! These jerks are pissed Chiriboga isn't there and have no intention of qualifying for the world cup! This explains why the team that started so well is now a shell of what it once was. Unbelievable!

13. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Most likely he was getting kickbacks from Chiriboga and now that he isn't, he doesn't care about how this team does.

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This so much. I wouldn't be surprised that he accepted a lower was with promises by Chiriboga he would receive kickback $$$. I wouldn't also be surprised if he gets kickbacks for players being sold abroad if he calls them up. I mean... there is a reason as to why Chriboga demanded to add players on the list.

15. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I recall that the players added to the list were the clients of Chiriboga's son. I don't remember if the FIFA report on Chiriboga addressed this but I'm sure it will come to light that he got kickbacks from certain players being sold abroad.

Crazy how every world cup cycle we have an issue. Last one was players getting called based on connections and not merit; and this time it's the coach. I dream of a day when our organization becomes well run and signs better deals (meaning get rid of Marathon and going to Adidas).

16. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Playing at home, in front of their own crowds ?

Sorry, I really doubt that.
    As for you, the same as for us, facing them at their own home, we are both doomed, as they are going to try to hit us as hard as they can. Just to satisfy their fans thirst for victory.

Brazil playing away though, might be a diferent thing (case of Colombia).

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't see them winning every game under tite. Next game is what 6 months from now? I doubt they can keep that form for so long.

18. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I agree. At some point, they will lose. But it's not like they are going to do so on purpose, just to fvk-up another team.

And least yet, when playing at home, where they have an unbeaten WC record against another Conmebol team, since 1950, when they lost to Uruguay in the WC, they organized back then.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    With this audio filtering regarding Gustavo Quinteros and the internal issues with the FEF along with the uncomfortable atmosphere in the NT behind closed doors it will definitely be impossible to think of going to Russia 2018. Both Quinteros AND VIllacis have lost credibility. The reason as to WHY there's a bad relationship between Quinteros & FEF is because ever since Chiriboga left, Quinteros has had to pay taxes according to Esteban Paz who spoke with Villacis. http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=107867

That bothered Quinteros and has deteriorated the relationship since the old dirigencia left. Villacis loses credibility in my book because he does not know how to manage things correctly and keep harmony within the NT. Quinteros loses credibility HEAVILY because instead of coming out and saying "there's issues between me and the new FEF due to x, ,y, and z", he kept quiet and allowed the bad vibes to linger within the NT. He publicly states his lack of belief in his players along with a lack of faith/desire to qualify to the WC. To top things off he doesn't want to resign. He states that he wants to stay the ENTIRE ride unless he's fired....in that case he would get paid for that rescission clause stated in his contract. Either way HE GETS PAID which is his end goal. Quinteros has been the most horrible thing to happen to the NT!! Disastrous! He has no shame.

I find it hilarious that Vinicio Luna (or someone linked to him) leaked this information out for the world to see. One of two things happened: Either Vinicio is a traitor LMAO which wouldn't surprise me OR he let someone close to him (that works in the media) listen to this recording and that person leaked it. Either way, Vinicio's end goal may have been to prove that the FEF from Chiriboga's days held it together at all times....to make the current FEF look bad. Either to take a jab at the current FEF or to show the world that Chiriboga's FEF was the sh*t. That's my take. Personally this makes US look bad. By us, I mean everyone that wanted Chiri and friends out.

Now going on to the next topic...what should the FEF do? IMO they should fire him. Why continue a killed dream with someone who is going to maintain a negative mentally within the NT and allow that tension to linger for longer than it should. I think the rescission is $600k. FEF my opinion is PAY IT. Call Alex Aguinaga and have him coach the last 4 games. Don't call Vizuete. Most A-level coaches won't want to take charge of us right now b/c 4 games is ridiculous. Aguinaga is a commentator in Fox right now so I'm not sure if he'd be interested, BUT it's worth a call. Idk who else would be willing to take charge of a broken NT and FEF with only 4 games left. How horrible. Such a great beginning to such a disastrous ending.

Let's think in 2020....Marcelo Gallardo, Antonio Turco Mohamed, Jorge Fossati...and to please some who like his playing style, Tata Martino. These coaches are accessible and I'm positive about it. Sampaoli, Bielsa, etc. aren't b/c the FEF is cheap as f*ck.

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, I don't know if it makes the current FEF look bad. I don't think so. I think it makes them look good that they aren't breaking rules and making Quinteros pay his taxes. Unlike Chiriboga doing illegal things to make it "seem" like Ecuador is doing fine. Quinteros might not like it but you gotta pay your taxes.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/n...s-el-miercoles-y-ahi-decidira-su-futuro/77508
    They both took a loss in credibility. Villacis does because although things may appear to be managed cleanly, his ( along w/ the FEF's) relationship with Quinteros isn't good. This is business and no one has to be buddy buddy, but at the very least have a relationship decent enough where both parties can communicate without issues or tension and resolve any concerns. There shouldn't be any negativity surrounding the NT starting with the FEF. The FEF will always be the root. They can control what happens. They can say Quinteros continues or Quinteros goes. They're the ones with the power and everything stems from the FEF. That's how every federation is. If there's a clean and positive atmosphere in a federation with good intentions then the coach and his staff can work peacefully and progressively. When issues like these are created LOTS of things can go wrong. We are the example of that right now. The last WC was the other example of it. It's not surprising though. I remember Bielsa left Chile b/c he wasn't in agreement with the new dirigencia that came into Chile years back. When Chiriboga left, none of us thought this would become an issue but it came to light at the wrong time (end of Qualifiers). Whatever contract Quinteros signed with Chiri and friends and whatever atmosphere was created for him during that time was ideal for him and apparently it kept him happy. Once the new FEF came into play things changed. I'm glad things are apparently being done properly and by the book in the FEF, BUT that also means we need to have a coach that is also in sync and can adapt to that environment. Quinteros apparently CANNOT.

Wednesday we know the deal. I hope he is out and doesn't request his rescission clause. Have some dignity!

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fef will keep him. I doubt a decent manager will take over with only 4 games left and then take the blame for not qualifying to then end up ruining their career.

23. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So Ángulo is officially suspended for a year. Imo he got lucky.

He could have gotten 3 years but a year is actually good for us. He just has to get his mind focused on football and nothing else.

24. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seems I misread the article. The months he was away from football are counted in his suspension and he will be able to play again in 3 months. :thumbsup:

25. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good news about Ángulo. Seems he can come back in July. Not bad. It's going to take him a while to even see him on the field again I think. Wondering what Granada will do with him. The good thing about his situation is that the NT is desperate for forwards. He might get called up right away lol. Lucky punk.

Yeah I was watching that sports news that you guys linked. It seems FEF is trying to be more transparent and trying to run it like an actual business. From reading the reports FIFA has approved the way we are running the organization and it is the law that Quinteros has to be taxed. He might not like it but too bad. He has to pay taxes like everyone else. FEF can't be paying his taxes like in Chiriboga's time. Glad things are being run by the book