Really Rapids?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, May 14, 2012.

1. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    I disagree. This is a curated list of addresses of homes of people with disposable income whose absences from their homes are scheduled.

I really do not want my name on that list if it is to be emailed in bulk to strangers, and I will point this out as clearly as possible to those responsible.

2. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are no home addresses on the spreadsheet and we don't live in Liverpool so you can stop worrying about someone using this as a way to target your home for burglary. You're just as likely to get burgled now as you were before. (Which considering you live in Commerce City...jk...i think)

Was this a bad mistake? Yes
    Could it have been a LOT worse? YES
    Appropriate level of outrage? Mild
    The level of paranoia some are showing:

teddy_montoya repped this.
  3. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't read the best reason why all of the RFO should be replaced for this idiocy:

Any business that wants to advertise with Rapids fans via the RFO are now wasting their money. They can simply use this spreadsheet and save a TON of money. The Rapids will now have even less money to spend on new players or keeping current talent.

What a bunch of douche bags...:-(

4. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    The fact that away support is able to bring in a drum section is a much larger betrayal in my book. Why not just allow the other team’s owner to fly their ****** from the top luxury suite? Oh wait you guys already did that during the playoff game you guys later tried to pretend didn’t happen. I mean shit, why don’t we just spot these guys two goals? Oh yeah wait, I guess I should just be happy no feet were broken and only two points were lost.

5. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has our support section considering moving into stands? I sit in 107 and never hear what is going on down there but when decent supporter sections are in town, you can hear them quite well.

Not alot of amplification happens without all that concrete to help.

This weekend was loudest I can remember a support section being but the early goals didn't help in that matter at all.

6. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    $$$ is why they'll probably never move to the stands. Both in terms of how much it costs the supporters to change to the next tier of seats, and in terms of how much the "Family-Friendly" KSE braintrust thinks they'll lose if those families have to sit next to people who care about soccer deeply.

Plus I think you'd hear them better if you weren't right next to Class VI.

Concrete doesn't "amplify" sound, and the supporter's section is metal risers sitting on top of concrete. The roof doesn't "amplify" sound, either, if that was going to be your next point.

7. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no clue about sound properties at all, so maybe I chose wrong word.

Yes class VI is great but there are pauses, but during that game you could hear KC regardless of what was going on. I agree with drum comments, why would rapids cater to visitors

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other teams, like Portland, have allowed the Rapids SGs to brIng the drum as visiting fans. I think it's great that the SGs can do that and I'm glad the Rapids reciprocate.

9. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. This should be standard practice throughout the league. We always bring drums to Salt Lake even though we have denied their fans drums in the past. I fully support this.

The real question is why is the rest of the stadium so quiet. That is the issue people should be worried about improving.

10. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it would be nice if we could coordinate groups better so everyone is doing the same thing, like they do in Europe.

However, our "end zone" SGs are hard to make out in 108 where I am at. You can hear general noise but not what exactly they are going with.

11. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, my friend JUST received her parking pass for her half-season tickets YESTERDAY. At the season opener, she had inquired at the ticket office about her pass and was told that it was "in the mail." She did not receive the promised Rapids car magnet that was supposed to come with the pass, and she really wanted that.