Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid | La Liga J.4 | 17.09.2017 | 20:45 CEST [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul_Madrid, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    Why do you think I want him to look shit? On the contrary, I am cautiously optimistic. I've seen many players come and go who had so much hype behind them and failed. There's still so much to see. How would he fare against some of Europe's best defenders, will he show up in big games? Will he continue to perform on a high level? These are questions that will be answered in time, which is why he still doesn't convince me.

There are young players who are benchmarks on this team, they have shown such strong mindsets such as Isco and Asensio. In Isco's case he was not given a chance, and when Fate gave him a chance he grabbed it. Asensio's a kid and yet he has come through big time in huge matches. That's why I believe players like Jese didn't make it, so much praise and hype I remember on this board, but injury broke him mentally.

2. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    Yes, you are right. He had an open man next to him, I think it was either Isco or Asensio, and I was thinking, you're holding on to the ball for too long. It was a lucky shot, if he had missed I think there would be quite a bit of criticism here.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It wasn't lucky though. If the defender hadn't put it in, Asensio was right there to tap it in.

Ahmadi8 and S1na repped this.
  4. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    The other option is that the defender gets to it and actually clears it...

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Probability doesn't change but we would have to be super unfortunate to have this pace of injuries carry on the whole season. Doesn't normally happen.

Absolutely. Teams are definitely watching tape on Carva and targeting his side. We have to be aware of this right now. Casemiro might need to keep a special eye on Carva until he regains form.

6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I thought Carvajal had a good game. Saved two almost certain goals.

Teams have tried to target him before. Juve tried it with Mandzukic as left winger and they managed to get a goal, but Carvajal created more than he gave away. He usually does.

The only issue for me is that his style of play is so physical that it looks like he is gonna get injured once or twice every game.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need a thread for Mayoral. I am not good at titles....

8. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL fail

9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'll take the work rate although in fairness to Benzema he has won the ball far up the pitch a few times this season.

10. king felix

king felix Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    His style of play does make me worries sometimes but that's what makes him the best RB in the world. for example when he slide in and collided knees, he really had no reason to do it.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone else feel like Navas should have saved that shot?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If taken as an objective fact, meh. In light of how things turned out, that quote is hilarious af.

13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Way to blow the season. Now Zizou can come out and be like "It was always about the Decimotercera". I cant differentiate whether I'm pissed or just don't care. We replaced game changing players with Borja and Ceballos. And got rid of the only competition to Carvajal without any replacement. Is anyone actually surprised on how things have turned out?