Real Sociedad vs Real Madrid | La Liga J.4 | 17.09.2017 | 20:45 CEST [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul_Madrid, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Injuries will happen every year but it's better to have them at them in September than march and April.

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #277 Shay Z, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    I love that about our guys. We have such a great atmosphere in the squad right now. Props to Sergio and Arbeloa and Pepe in the past.

Generally speaking you always treat your juniors the way your seniors treated you. Carlos with Marcelo being an example, Pepe and Arbeloa with everyone. Glad to see we have some good people on our squad and a great nurturing culture.

3. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Today's game would of boosted his confidence alot ! Should start all or majority of Copa games .

4. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He did say he modelled his playing style after Benzema...

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Truth.

6. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neh, Benz got a lot more talent . I see Mayoral as more of full out poacher/striker type of player, Probably similar to Morata .

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we were very fortunate, the whole game was pretty much decided in the 36' minute by one player. Kevin Rodriquez nearly replicated his first goal only to see the chance come off the cross bar, we countered and on the other end he scores an own goal with a sliding deflection.

IF, he either scores the volley or doesn't make the run all the way back it might have been a very different stroy because at that moment La Real were looking more dangerous.

Good to win. Good to get Bale a goal. On to the next one.

8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect a hat trick from Ronaldo midweek :D I expect him to be running around thirsty for goals

9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Many matches during a league season is decided by luck.
    I have nightmares of that home game against valencia in 2015 in which we hit the woodwork 3 times and the match ended in a draw. It works both ways.

Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Screenshot_20170918-045806.png

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Morata who? Mayoral looked great today.

Varane and Ramos were great at the back. Dani and Theo did very well on both ends. I thought we lacked cohesion between the midfield and the front 3. With Isco playing deeper, the link between them was missing.

meringues, S1na and Bear Crotch repped this.
  12. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm not going to make the blanket statement and say that Mayoral is going to be huge for us because I need to see more of him.

What I will say is he looks like he's a legit poacher. Not overly technically gifted when it comes to beating someone on a dribble of playing a final ball but he knows how to get where he needs to be.

That wasn't Morata's game. He was big, tall, strong and fast but his finishing wasn't that of a true poacher. Mayoral reminds me of Chicharito at least the little I've seen of him.

Digital repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lots of opponents are going for the high cross from their right side (marcelo/theo flank) targeting it just above or behind Carvajal and it's been causing us a lot of trouble. Something to look out for in our next games.

14. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012

To me Borja looks like a complete package. He's got a bit of everything in his game and that is exactly what we need.

His last season means nothing to me because playing for a bad team in Germany can not be compared to playing for Real Madrid, specially for such a young player. If he get's enough chances, he'll score enough goals for us. That's all that matters.

15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The Mayoral descriptions sound like Raul. Hope he can emulate even a little of his career/playstyle.

Bear Crotch and S1na repped this.
  16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A 20 year old scores a rebound and all of a sudden he's next Raul.

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    I think the Mayoral love fest is a bit premature, he did a good job yesterday but far too early to judge and considering his atrocious spell tab wolfsburg, I think it was 19 appearances with only 2 goals? I'm still not convinced. Consistency to score goals and constantly create danger is what is needed.

18. Adder

Adder Red Card

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny how you mention 19 appearances, instead of total minutes, which comes at 375. That's about 4 full games. But I guess "4 games with only 2 goals" doesn't really make him look as shit as you want, eh?

Besides, Mayoral doesn't need to be anything special for the love fest to be justified. He just needs to be an improvement over the walking crap of horseshit that is Benzema.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Attached to the message was a video file...

20. Adder

Adder Red Card

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's not how basic probability works. Having injuries now does not decrease the chances of having injuries later.

21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    LMAO I didn't say he was Raul I said his game reminds me of him.

Talk about spinning shit.

22. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Mayoral deserves the praise. Won the game all by himself. Against a very good dominant team in their ground.

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Personally I really don't need Mayoral to be the next anything and the sample size is small as has been noted, I just liked seeing him occupying the defenders and actually fighting for the ball with them, whether on the floor or in the air, rather than being on his heels all the time and not trying to get to the ball on the floor or just watching as defenders head the ball away, I love love silky skills and technique but I also love fight too, if we had a striker who could marry the two like Godric, well.....

not every pass to the striker will be inch perfect, sometimes you have to fight to win the ball, anticipate more and not be caught on your heels so a defender can nip in and steal it if the pass isn't perfect to you, he fought for everything in this game in his time on the pitch, I liked seeing that from our striker, next time he gets mins could be just as good or rubbish, I just liked what I saw this game, hopefully he can continue like this and be relatively successful, would be good for Madrid

24. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I was not impressed with his decision making - the second goal (own goal) he should have found a much earlier pass, I think it was a 2v1 and should be a certain goal but in the end we were lucky it went in.

He has confidence with the ball, he did beat the man after miscontrolling for the second goal, but what was most impressive about him was his movement and workrate/hustle. Never in a million years is Benzema getting into and winning that battle with the defender near the halfway line for the second goal.

temesgen, PigBenis, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Neither would you see Benzema pounce on an opportunity like in the first goal either.