Real Sociedad [R]

Discussion in 'Basque Clubs' started by Catfish, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry to see you go down, this was just not your year.
    What are the chances that RS will come right back up at the
    end of next season??

2. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    I would think they have a legitimate shot. They played better in the second half, the players are loyal, and they have a better coach now.

I would say that in three years or less they will be back.

3. Fist

Fist New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Australia
    Are the majority of players staying?

4. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good luck to Chris Coleman as it is not that common for British managers to go abroad.

My sister has a friend who is related to Chris Coleman although not that closely.:D

Good luck.:)

5. Fist

Fist New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Australia
    Everyone going seems to be on a free as well.

6. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Segunda División

Hola,

Just wondered if anyone could let me know what the percieved chances or Real Sociedad being promotd to La Liga are this season?

With Chris Coleman in charge there will be some focus on the club from England this season and I wondered what chances he had of getting them back up?

Cheers,
    The Biscuitman

7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Segunda División

I will move this thread over to the Basque club forum since you will receive more info there than in this forum.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Er Pichi

8. david_silva

david_silva New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Canada

Well Biscuitman, it isn't going to be as easy as it has been perceived by the media in England. It's definitely a different kind of football in Liga BBVA compared to the Premiership, much more technical with greater possession of the ball needed. From the style of play he had in Fulham, it's going to be difficult for him to adapt and I don't think he'll manage. The league is probably the strongest it has ever been since it expanded, there's 8 to 10 teams that have a good chance of getting promoted and there aren't many easy games. The teams that went down (Celta, Sociedad and Nastic) all signed well, the historic teams (Sporting, Salamanca, Hercules, Alaves, Tenerife) are well coached with solid squads and the teams that came up are all teams that have spent lots of time in the division. I think Coleman is going to sacked around the opening of the transfer market in January and I don't think they'll get back up this year. Losing Garrido, Kovacevic and probably Xabi Prieto will be too much with an inexperienced manager.

9. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Off to a bad start, losing the first game 2-0...

10. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.

Team is playing a bit better than the opening of the season. I think Coleman will be a good coiach and we be forever remembered if he gives them a quick promotion to the top flight where Erreala belong.

12. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Chris Coleman is back on the booze then......

13. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Coleman resigns

14. Erreala

Erreala New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    We're looking good for promotion this season!

15. rigaton

rigaton Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Yes , we are in a good position to arrive at first division (primera division) . Xabi Prieto , Griezman and Zurutuza are too good to play in second division . They could play perfectly in the first division best teams . About the rest , 70 % of the team was in Real Sociedad second team 4-5 years ago . This means that our young teams produce good enough players . We are playing badly outside , but at home , we are winning most of the matchess , and the rest of the teams are playing badly , and losing many matchess .