REAL MADRID x ATLETICO MADRID | European Supercup | 15.08.2018 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They did introduce key players in attack (Neymar) and most importantly kept their most important player in attack (Messi).

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We play 4231 but we don't have a real number 10. Modric can do it but he's more valuable in the midfield

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    One thing is clear. Carvajal needs to ride the bench for Odriozola.

Too many shitty performances to warrant a starting place.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't get me wrong, I doubt Ronaldo or any forward was going to paper over what a horror show our defense turned in. But the end product left much to be desired in the offensive end. For 82 mins I felt like RM was the better team. But we should've buried them by the time they equalized based on how wasteful we were up to that point. The defensive frailty can be fixed very easily. The offensive inefficiency will take a lot more.

5. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Marcelo should be embarrassed. At fault for their goal, and totally bottled what should have been the winner.

If that’s a taste of this season, maybe he needs to join his best buddy in Italy sooner rather than later.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

temesgen and Zidane05 repped this.
  7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Good news. We're even more ********ed without Casemiro

temesgen repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So? I don't understand your point. They did the transition even with their best player. They didn't need to sell all their important players so the team can have a transition.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1030095035042332672 is not a valid tweet id

Prit Javier repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Navas performance was attrocious. It is clear who needs to be number 1.

Prit Javier repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    24 hours later, I'm calmer. We had that game in the bag at the 75th minute and we let it slip. Lack of fitness, horrid mental mistakes. Those things can be fixed.

Prit Javier and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched last night and it's true, until that goal we were definitely set to ride out the match. But the Casemiro loss reall hurt, and like many I don't understand going with Ceballos over Llorente in that situation.

I'm worried about Marcelo defensively with only Nacho and a youth team player backing him up. We will likely get torched down that side again this season. And yes, Isco has to step his game up a few notches. He wasn't terrible but we can and should expect more from him.

Anon., Prit Javier, raven3k and 4 others repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I hardly see any comment on how the 3rd goal is what gave them the lead and how it was a gift from Varane..
    Our defense is poor its just that on tough CL games our players play as if their life was on the line but on average games we let in too many goals - Carvajal admited this on an interview..
    There are many teams out there who are better at defending than us.
    That was never a concern because we outsocored them I guess..but now that may not be the case with an injury prone bale, a toothless benz, without CR7 and a lacklustre bench..

Prit Javier and libertao repped this.
  14. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I agree Nacho must start

15. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    They are both attack midfielders who play through the middle we can play bale on left and Vasquez on right,drop Isco in the next game against Gatafe.

16. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Vazquez is just not good enough imo.

Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah definitely, i agree.

18. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Who else can play their?

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We're three days from the beginning of the season and you think this is a valid excuse?

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Varane is overrated..He is good but not the best.
    Ramos is very good when he is focused but we should start looking for a world class replacement CB.
    Marcelo , same story.. he is 30 already and he needs strong competition.
    Cavajal had a very bad season last year and appears to be going the same path this year.

We decide to bring world class competition for Navas but refuse to do the same with any of our defenders..
    Makes no sense to me .

21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you lose your best player, you do a full overhaul. If you dont, you can get away with adjustments. Our game revolved around Ronaldo and it still does even when hes not here anymore.

22. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I disagree that he is overrated and I am not sure what the measurement is for “the best”, IMO except for a dip in form earlier last season, Varane performs very well at a high level fairly consistently, which is key, reads the game well and has all the attributes ( which he has already shown) that a defender should have , strong, quick, good both in the air and on the ground, with the ball at his feet and without, did he make a mistake yesterday, yes, but I personally can’t think of any defender anywhere who does not make occasional mistakes, I am happy we have Varane on this team and I would not like to trade him for any other defender out there, none,

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The best defense is the one who collectively concedes the least amount of goals..
    5 la liga teams conceded less goals than us including Espanyol and Valencia.
    They could be very good players individually but collectively they are not top shelf like Barca or Atletico..
    Those mistakes that you are refering to happen way too often for us not by just Varane but from all...and they are costly.
    And by having someone like Vallejo, who lacks experience take the CB role when one of these two get injured is making it even worse..

24. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    I dont know if its the defenders or the tactics but we always mess things up while defending trying to pull some cute passes and moves instead of just kicking the ball out or just clearing it. We need to keep it simple.

Even with our corners. We are going for the short corner takes more often which often results in us passing the ball back to our defence. We have Ramos, varane, bale, casemiro just get the ball in the box.

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This game could be the wake up call we needed. Sometimes feeling on edge is not a bad thing, forces us to go out there and fight for every point. Complacency is a big worry after winning 3 CLs in a row (not just with the players, with those making the signings), so hopefully games like this help us want to prove ourselves rather than demoralize the team.

Bale and Benzema were very very good, it's very comforting to see them step up, God knows we will really need them in BD'Or form this season. I didn't like our midfield shape, I think Casemiro looks more comfortable in the pivot role and Isco didn't really get much space in the CAM role so in games like this might help to switch to an inverted triangle. Defense was terrible like everyone's said, but am not too worried about that, individual mistakes should be an anomaly.

Not to sound naggy, but we reeeeeeaaaallllly need another CF. It was embarrassing seeing Mayoral come on when we needed a goal smh.

sneakking, Saeta Rubia and temesgen repped this.