REAL MADRID x ATLETICO MADRID | European Supercup | 15.08.2018 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Aug 13, 2018.

1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #751 saadomar, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Dude has been hella underwhelming since we shuttled off James. He doesn't have any competition, even less now more than ever. What does he have to prove? Last season, he was higher up the pecking order than an in-form Gareth Bale. He can do fnck all and we'll still shove him in the starting eleven.

I wish we had the luxury of benching Varane when he clocks out like this. If he's still on holiday, give another player a chance...oh wait, Vallejo is injured like 24/7, 365. Maybe Lopetegui will let Nacho start instead of Varane in the La Liga opener? Really can't afford to drop points in an opener because someone is leaving their brains in the bus.

Nacho has been solid for like the last 2 years. He deserves to start.

Prit Javier repped this.
  2. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Lope's subs and individual mistakes cost us the game. I have never seen us misplace so many passes in a game. Carvajal always managed to find a Atleti player with every pass. Casemiro too gave away the ball in dangerous positions in 1st half. Modric should have replaced Isco. These things can be improved upon.

But Mayoral... Javier Portillo looks like Raul compared to this guy. If Perez doesnt replace this guy he would be pissing on all the hard work he has done so far.

saadomar repped this.
  3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everyone and their Nanny sees that Borja Mayoral doesn't have what it takes to even be a Real Madrid bencher. Idk wtf we're waiting on. Passed on Morata and Mariano for this guy? Man someone must be having a laugh right now...

I guess we can go all in on an 18 year old from Brazil, but I hate to see what failure at this level at an early age can do to his confidence.

4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    This match had nothing to do with the transfer market or new manager. We gave away 3 inexcusable goals via mistakes by our most senior players.

Atlético Madrid are a tough team and there is no shame losing to them. What is a bitter pill to swallow is not only the mistakes made and the fact we should have won the game, but also the ongoing discussion about the Ronaldo transfer coming up every time we fail to score in or win a game.

Shay Z, meringues, T2100 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Can he play as a striker?

6. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    My concern is not the way we played. I actually think we played very well some parts of the game . BUT :
    -our bench. There is not a single individue on that bench who can come of and turn a game around
    -Absolutely nobody to replace Casemiro. He is so important
    -fitness levels of Bale and Benz. They went from great to invincible in the second half.
    -Isco

Anon. repped this.
  7. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I thought Ramos was very poor as well . And the first goal was on his count imo.

We need someone like Alderweireld.

8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Nah. It was in 2014 2015. Ancelotti's team. Tbf we started the game with Varane Nacho Coentrao Arbeloa. But BBC played full minutes i think.

9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Barca did a transition after a trophyless season in 2013 2014. But they didnt sell all the important figures of tikitaka era. Iniesta started. Xavi was their midfield depth. Why didnt they have a problem adapting to the new more direct system?

10. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m sorry, but GTFO with Alderweireld. Are you Belgian, because that would explain a lot? Jesus, never thought I’d hear that name being linked with Real Madrid...

9Qui and S1na repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All four goals were connected to a defender and two of the to Navas. First one is probably on both Ramos and Varane with Navas looking very very poor at covering the tiniest window of his goal. Second goal is on Marcelo. Just gifted them the ball in a dangerous position. Navas dropping down and missing the ball going across his box was poor goalkeeping. Third one is on Carvajal, fourth on Varane.

Log on to bigsoccer and people ask for attacking players.

Personally, I can't wait for Courtois to take over. The first goal was as much on Navas as it was on the defenders.

9Qui, yoanaidarov, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  12. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carvajal was pretty bad last season. Sadly his form continues. Marcelo should be an attacking player, not a defender. Varane better put his shit together, world champion and all. Ramos is typical Ramos, either god-like or wtf.
    Oh well, at least it is never boring in Madrid.

13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #763 HZinho, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    I mean, that’s just a matter of time. He’s a significantly better GK in almost all respects. Can’t be soon enough that he takes over, Navas is simply inconsistent and we need consistency, calmness and area control. Courtois provides that and more.

Furthermore, it’s clear as day that we gifted Atleti the game by clear, individual mistakes. We sold some of our defensive depth (Theo) and have a resident cripple (Vallejo - feel bad for him), but, while this game showed no signs of attacking weakness for the starting players (BBA were great until fitness issues came up and Asensio was mysteriously subbed), it did show the lack of forward depth. We have four attackers on the bench, Lucas (good option), RDT (won’t get a chance and will probably be sold, no Liga experience), Mayoral (not good enough for this team, period.) and Vinicius (18 year old who we need to bring slowly). That’s a bit weak IMO, in particular considering Bale’s and Benzema’s injury history.

Still - I was (very) impressed by our game, until fitness issues took over, which is normal at this stage of the season.

14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After good sleep my two cents"

-We played quite well all in all, but all changed when Casemiro was subbed off.
    -Individual mistakes was just too much..
    -Varane still on vocation,Carvajal too. Luka also need good rest not play football at this moment. Mentally especialy.
    - Bench benc bench.. i mean seriosly. how it's even up for discussion?

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1029921577390014464 is not a valid tweet id

Anon. and S1na repped this.
  16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It is hard to give something substantial on Lope when we have a massive problem in squad. We lack forward options it is simple as that. True, we have conceded from individual defensive errors, but still there is massive correlation between the three lines and lacking forward line heavily impacts dynamics of whole game. Benzema is not a striker and cannot hold depth. Asensio is closer to being AM. While the only real outlet is Bale and he is not playing centrally.

If i was Perez i would dial Inter yesterday and acquire Icardi. Also i had polarized position on Dybala. But seeing Isco not going into another gear, i would make a push for him. We also need solution in defense. Eh. .

I am astonished by decisions board made. It should be no brainer to make substantial changes in the squad, especially when key players will struggle to find motivation considering all the success of recent years. Not to mention selling CR7 and not bringing quality player in?????

Yannick Relens repped this.
  17. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    My main concern is the weakness of the bench. Which at times wont be our bench because people will get injured.

And Isco. Get Dybala pr James asap. And sell him for a lot of dineros.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Getafe at home in 1st La Liga game. Hope we start well. They were a great defensive unit last season. Allowed only 33 goals(third best defense in Liga) while we let in 44. Expect them to park the bus like Atleti, but obviously without their attacking talent. A convincing win against such a team will will be good as we struggled against teams that park the bus last season at Bernabeu.

19. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't remember which but Ramos definitely takes blame for either the 3rd or 4th goal.

How or why he thought it was a smart idea to pass to Varane who was almost inside the box while being hounded by Atletico players is really beyond me.

temesgen and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  20. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    It won’t make any difference when error prone Carvajal, Marcelo and Ramos have 0 competition and are too comfortable. Winning everything makes them less motivated. The defense got exposed without Ronaldo who covered their ass left and right despite conceding so many goals last season from sh*tty defending.

Give them free goals? No big deal, Pepe and Coentrao is gone, there’s no one on bench that can replace me and everyone can scapegoat Benzema, Bale, Asensio, Navas, Kroos etc while I can get away with it.

21. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I want a whole reform. Buy a decent CB so those two dont feel like they will start anyways.

22. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Did you guys see what Griezmann posted on his story on instagram? A picture of Ramos crowning him, like wauw... just after a supercup win. This guy has lost the reality after we beat him time after time.

madridista_hr and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We have problems already in first 11, let alone bench. Asensio, Benzema and Bale lack depth which will get even worse when Bale hits his mandatory few months at Sanitas.

We are basically playing without forward line.

24. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    The big fault is that JL thinks Isco and Asensio can play as wingers. They are midfielders. We should not forget that. We have one worldclass winger , one very very young and 1 that is just kpt good enough. Sure Vazquez provides depth and great energy but he is not RM material to me.

Prit Javier repped this.
  25. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Isco can play as wide midfielder for example in 442, but not as winger. Asensio on other hand has pace, but i still doubt he can become winger per se. I see him more as AM with decent pace. I really hope Lope understand that and is fully pushing for strikers.

If not, we are setting ourselfs for trainwreck of a season.