Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by hala_madrid722, Jan 18, 2020.

1. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Playing more =/= better

2. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Couldn't watch the second half but saw the highlights and Vinicius had some good runs. He could be great for these tough games. I hope he keeps improving and becomes more and more useful.

Happy for Jovic assisting. Casemiro man... Always been a fan. He's amazing. We deserve a title this season. Would love to win La Liga again.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    His link up play is good, but he doesn't seem comfortable as a lone striker so far. Maybe because he was used to playing with Haller who used to hold the ball up and let Jovic into the play. Maybe him and Benz could work together. They have only started together twice. Once against Villarreal where Jovic's brilliant link up set up our first goal and the terrible game at Mallorca.

Lyra repped this.
  4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I think they could do really well together

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane is far from lucky; what he did to turn this team around is nothing short of brilliance. But that doesn't mean I'll agree with all his decisions, nor that he's perfect. Every coach has their blind spot.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is kind of his eternal problem. In Spain journalists and fans speak a lot about the "flower"/luck of Zidane. He's commented on it himself, i think he said it doesn't bother him if he's considered lucky as long as he's winning.

Coaches are out there losing, wearing glasses acting like professors, but since zidane doesn't get into elitist football talk on TV, he'll always be considered "lucky".

meringues, Deep Pal, Anon. and 10 others repped this.
  7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Given we have just won against Sevilla with entire front line missing, without Valverde and with really bad Marcelo, it is safe to say that Zidane has the mojo.

He has turned the ship around, which on itself is massive achievement considering the issues we had so far.

Anon., Prit Javier, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, and after all everyone makes mistakes and so does Zizou.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    With unionistas coming up

We should give some players a much deserved break

temesgen and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    That Lucas love though. Facepalm.

Digital repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    All sins forgotten with that one.

I understood years ago, but now? I can't

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is lucky because hes facing one of the worst Barca in years, that is also full of injuries and changing coaches mid year.
    What he did with casemiro five years ago and what hes doing now with fede is very impressive.
    I'm far from a patience person, so I hope he can do his magic on jovic as well.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The other side of that coin is the team he took over was an absolute mess teetering on catastrophe, and he has recovered our top players and has gotten the team to play with a structure we haven't seen in years.

Deep Pal, Pundorikakho, Lyra and 3 others repped this.
  14. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Exactly look how Varane was and Kroos for that matter

15. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I am happy he gave Jovic some chances. Casemiro was telling the fans to support Jovic, which shows they believe in him!

temesgen, Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  16. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's not lucky, period.

Also, Barca is facing one of the worst Real Madrid sides in recent years as well, no? Even better: Barca is facing one of the worst Real Madrid sides in recent years, that has (had) even more injuries than Barca. Actually, the injuries we've had are more significant, Hazard, Mendy, Isco, James, Bale have been injured quite a lot this season. We've even had to play with 18 year old forwards.

All in all: spare me the non sense and negativity, that ship has sailed (you are a couple months late to the party). We are now doing well now, let's hope - and I assume you do as well.. - that we keep winning our games and finally win La Liga.

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Pundorikakho and 6 others repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody at this level is "lucky".

Deep Pal, Digital, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    There is a little luck in everything. With that said you make your own luck with how you prepare and perform.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fools believe that Zidane lucked his way into 3 UCL plus La Liga etc. He's also gonna "luck" his way into a double this season.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ok so let's say he is a lucky guy.

I'll take it anyways. I'm in sales and when i do really well my peers say you got lucky. And i say ok. I'll just keep getting lucky and make my money.

I hope he keeps getting lucky and we keep winning lol

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe Zidane thinks he can revive his career. When he's not his usual dumbass, LV is a very useful player to have on the roster.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's always a loose ball that will go your way, but there isn't a career at this level based on luck. The athletic level is superhero tier.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.