Real Madrid vs Sevilla - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by hala_madrid722, Jan 18, 2020.

1. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They don't need to.

2. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    If they suspend him, it will be BS. He simply delayed a counter. Just because he was on 4 yellows doesn't mean you can prove he did it intentionally. I think this whole rule is BS anyway. It's part of the game, nothing worse than a tactful foul.

S1na repped this.
  3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, the whole rule is dumb. If a player wants to serve his suspension, it's his choice. Why the need to act it out?

sneakking and Bear Crotch repped this.
  4. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    I understand the spirit of it, but it is dumb because it depends on interpretation of intent.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "fair play"

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Casemiro is one of the best players on the planet. He's the most underrated player of this generation.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wait, is there talk of him getting an additional match or are we just speculating?

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just speculation but we've suffered plenty times of it.

9. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    If Dani gets an additional game suspension, with his current form it’s not a big deal as long as Ramos is back. Just play this wall :

mendy —-Ramos—Varane - Militao

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1218608415318167553 is not a valid tweet id

11. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    He will be Real Madrid coach one day. Hopefully Zidane stays a long time, but he will be a good successor. Likeable guy. Hopefully he’ll choose his next team wisely and not Man United for example.

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    He's becoming much more press resistance, great to see

Saeta Rubia, Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Let's be honest, we're one if few teams in Spain subject to that rule

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Hopefully that Jovic assist will boost him a little bit because it was magical.

15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    His link up play is underrated

Halycon repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Saw a lot of disconnect between the midfield and the other forwards and himself. A lot of hesitation in coming back to receive the ball, a lot of not making runs into the right space or at the right time, a lot of misplaced passes. I don't think one backheel passes changes that for me.

It was an ugly game and we somehow pulled out the win due to some individual brilliance from our most important player. Zidane didn't really do well today, and his logic for excluding Bale and James when they're not fully fit yet starting Lucas in his first appearance back doesn't add up to me.

Lastly, Casemiro is the most influential midfielder that has played for us in my time watching this team. He is not the most talented, nor the most flashy, but I haven't seen a midfielder impact the game and is so vital to our success as him.

Modric had a really good game as well, but Kroos wasn't his usual self.

Digital, S1na, madridista_hr and 3 others repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Casemiro is a rock - to me he’s always been this good, always an aerial threat with a good shot. I always laughed at those who thought Llorente was better and should replace him.. wtf they were thinking ..

18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's not insult one player to make another look good. Yes Casemiro is marvellous. But Llorente is an excellent player too and he's already showed that with us. The best would probably have been to have both with us but Llorente was ultimately too good to sit on the bench and play 100 mins per season. He made a terrible career move no doubt because he wanted to stay in Madrid. But he has to leave that dump. Many teams are in need of a player like him. We on the other hand are set for a good 4-5 seasons with Casemiro so there is no hurry to phase him out

19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Llorente had no future here as a starter with Casemiro on the team. Casemiro is only 27 years old..

Llorente was overrated here.. Herrera who they got for free plays a lot more than him..

20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spot on analysis.
    Jovic is in a bad state. Not sure whats going with him or how zidane handles it (taking him out for benzema was not a good idea).
    How LV stay on the pitch is mind-blowing.
    If we win La Liga they should name after zidane's a$$, because he got luck more than brains....
    I'm very fearful if casemiro get hurt. He plays every fu(king game ...
    In all, 3 points good for the team.

21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Casemiro and Valverde are at this moment the best 2 midfielders in the world.

We will win everything again due to our midfield

Excape Goat repped this.
  22. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not to disagree with your comments on him, but what Jovic did I would describe as individual brilliance. Got to recognise that as important too.

Also would agree with Lucas, but he provided the key cross, where Carvajal, Marcelo and others failed. He also did his job defensively, and we all know that is why he’s there, he’s the security. Not that I want to see too much of him.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The garbage you read in bigsoccer sometimes...

24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we win La Liga this year, I’m more than happy to dedicate it to Zidane’s ass.

25. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never thought I'd say this but Vinicius did really well in the time that he was on the pitch. Great pace, direct, made things happen, and should have had an assist if Kroos buried that chance. Still too many glaring weaknesses in his game for my liking, but he was alright. And way better than Rodrygo tonight.

I would also like to see a comeback of the 5 midfielder formation. That 3 man midfield without Fede and then Rodrygo and Vazquez in attack was so uninspiring. Would love to see Modric as the right forward, Hazard as the left forward, and James/Isco/Asensio as their backups.

Ahmadi8 repped this.