REAL MADRID vs REAL SOCIEDAD I Liga Jornada 18 I 06.01.19. I 18:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    How many of us predicted this? Lmao. Spanish football yo.

We got Betis in Seville next up. I'm hype!!

2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    That's a scandal, and I hope that referee will be banned for some time from officiating.

But referees are bad to us every years, and that didn't stop us to NOT LOSE to Sociedad at home since 2004. VAR didn't change anything since we never got the penalties we deserve even before VAR.

What changed is that I don't recognize the team that won 3 CLs in a row even without counting Ronaldo.

3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That referee problem low key has robbed few league titles from us. No matter we are in a good form or not, we must fight back against this agenda.

saadomar, Deep Pal and 2Magia2 repped this.
  4. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We was robbed simple as, I know we lost but may not have if we had the penalties for sure

S1na repped this.
  5. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Well, goodness me if reading something like this doesn't hurt me to my very soul. Jeez. Barcelona's world and we're all just living in it. ******** me.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's part of the reason it's so hard for only US to win La Liga.

Now we suck so it's now impossible. I'm sure if we actually counted how many points they cost us compared to how many points they haven't cost or aided barca and atleti, the difference is +15.

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #482 janos audron, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    He should be suspended clearly. For substantial period of time. Secondly, he should not officiate a single RM match in any way, let alone crucial matches.

And i was scratching my head all the time i was watching the game. Firstly soft penalty. Then not presenting the same criteria which would mean penalty for Ramos. But all fails to compare with absurdity of Vinicious penalty. Situation clear as a day and not given. Not even checking situation with mechanism which was designed for this exact specific purpose. Amazing. If that was Barca not only game would have been stopped but also all road / railroad and flight traffic in Spain.

saadomar, ElCapitánSR4 and Eddie repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    To be fair, they could be celebrating making the correct call on the decision they reviewed.

I'm not going to get into conspiracy theories for now; the facts on this stand alone: they blew the calls yesterday royally, and it defeats the whole purpose of having VAR.

Halycon, Stiliyan, Lyra and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I ********ing hate Spanish ref's. Jesus.

Lyra repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They could also just be stretching their arms to get proper blood circulation

saadomar, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Maybe they have played Fortnite?

12. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just spit out my coke at work reading this.

Do bank tellers celebrate when they successfully help out a customer with a $40 withdrawal?

Do McDonald's employees celebrate when they don't mess up a Happy Meal in the drive through?

Does Benzema celebrate when he misses 2 sitters in a Liga away game?

Do we celebrate when we make a shitty post on RMBS?

saadomar, Deep Pal, YOUNGSTARS87 and 4 others repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    They just high fived each other after getting a call they reviewed CORRECTLY. I'm not going to go out there and reading too much into this, as much as people want to find things to complain about.

The call on Sunday stands alone. Investigate why they didn't go to VAR for that.

Halycon repped this.
  14. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the VAR has to tell the ref that it is a penalty. Ofcourse this ref made big mistakes and I didn’t like his arrogant attitude, but I think in Vini his case the VAR made the biggest mistake for not tell the ref to look. I don’t think the ref can ask to see if it’s a penalty, right?

15. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The ref can ask to review VAR. Unlike the world cup, VAR are expected to point to the ref if he misses something glaring. If the incident is thought to be unclear VAR keep quiet and let the ref decide if he wants to review or not.

Rules make sense. Ref thought he made the right call since VAR kept quiet. VAR had no reason to keep quiet, so no high five for them.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It doesn't stand alone. When a guy celebrates an Eibar goal vs Real Madrid like a fan and then performs like that (it wasn't just the penalty, Januzaj pretty much picked up the ball with his arm to stop play and it was Modric that got a yellow), then you need to look into it.

At the very least it's highly inappropriate. How would Barca react if a linesman would celebrate a Real Madrid goal only because he didn't incorrectly call it offside? It's suspect behaviour.

17. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

saadomar, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was too busy celebrating getting an earlier decision right.

Deep Pal, Chinky24 and Lyra repped this.
  19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Deep down Rubiales really doesnt give a damn lol he is probably still salty about what's happened with Lopetegui during this part world cup, as is most of the league.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    We are hated. This isn't news. VAR which is absolutely the right tech to use in football is not as good in the hands of arrogant, biased, sensitive referees which we see in La Lia a lot more than other leagues (EPL). For years we have seen the attitude and the way refs like Itturalde carried themselves on the pitch. The arrogance dripping from their gestures. How would such a ref, in the heat of the moment, be objective and check his decision. That would be like admitting he is wrong. Especially when there are 5 millionaire footballers in your face cursing you out and telling you that you are wrong and useless.

Refs need to be trained better. Nobody can remove bias from a human being but they need to be select people (like in ANY other job) who are mentally suited to do the job. Liga refs have been garbage since time immemorial. I wish we would get someone in charge who pays some attention to it.

Having said that, we didn't play well enough to win the game regardless.

saadomar repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You see celebration, I don't really. I think people reading into this too much. It doesn't look good, sure, but I'm not buying this all out conspiracy.

Digital repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't think any referee goes out to a Madrid game and says OK I am going to screw them over. But if they have this intense hatred for us in the back of their head they will not be as quick to take a breath and review their decisions. Especially when you have Sergio Ramos cursing out your mom to you face.

It is very very simple. The review room should notify the ref when they see something the ref might have missed or called wrong. They consult and within a couple of mins make it right. Simple. The more they do this the more "normal" it becomes and the less sensitive Spanish referees become to using it. We see this in the NFL every damn week. Heck I would even be OK if they showed an ad in the time the ref if reviewing the decision with the control room. That would incentivize the league to encourage refs to do this. As long as we get it right.

23. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's time to execute him publicly - set an example.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So the main referee didn't consult VAR, but it is my understanding that the job of the VAR team is to highlight to the main ref to review a questionable play.

Isn't this how it's supposed to work?

Lyra repped this.
  25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Idgaf, the dude should lose his job. At the very least be delegated to never setting a foot in any Real Madrid match ever again.

If that doesn't happen, Real Madrid need to take it further. Either push the Referee's association or else threaten to take it to the league themselves. And if the league doesn't do it, lawyer up and take it to whichever court you have to. That referee has no business ever refereeing again. If he can't be impartial and make glaringly biased calls like that in plain sight in such a high stakes match, he needs to lose his license to referee.

This isn't about just this referee. Something needs to be done about referees who always target Real Madrid. I feel that we're the victim of more referee hate than almost any other team in La Liga. It just happens far too frequently to any longer be a coincidence. Even VAR isn't stopping these referees from cheating to make us lose.