Real Madrid vs Paris Saint-Germain | Champions League R16 1st Leg | 2.14.18[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Every big win we have had the past three seasons has been questioned; all one-sided ignoring our missed calls. For them (and everyone else) it is easier to point at anything then take responsibility themselves.

I just hope we complete the task and knock them out. Then next year someone else does the same. Neymar is a Qatari slave but he is a hard guy to control if things aren't going well.

It would be fun to see the fireworks.

Deep Pal, raven3k, Chinky24 and 5 others repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Emery and Al K are insufferable cry babies. I hope for a different criteria where the ref will have the guts to sent off Neymar's diving ass. I really hope we knock them out to see the parvenu meltdown and all the dressing room drama unfold.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    They could give PSG a 3-0 head start and Emery would still find a way to blow it away. You can have all the tactical expertise in the world, but if the dressing room doesn't respect you, you'll get nowhere.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea. I am hoping their dressing room will turn even more toxic by the time we play the second leg.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Hopefully Emery keeps crying about officiating (hoping to get penalties in second leg) while his players are more focused on not liking each other and the quality of their manager.

It will be important not to concede early in this match. If we don't the pressure will build and they will make mistakes.

Digital repped this.
  6. papak

papak Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 7, 2018
    I want to warn everyone celebrating the victory that the war is not over yet. PSG at home is a different beast. They trashed Barca 4:0 last season and they are hammering teams from Ligue 1 with a big margin. They are capable of the comeback for sure. 2:0 for PSG is a realistic result imo and I tbh wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

As far as the first leg is concerned I can tell that from what I've seen PSG played better than Real in Bernabeu just got very, veeeeery unlucky with the 2nd goal and the 3rd goal. PSG dominated most of the match at Bernabeu, especially in the second half when they should have gone 2:0 up and kill the tie. This result is NOT a reflection what was happening on the pitch that evening.

Also, Kross has a sprain in his LCL knee ligaments and is doubtful for the return leg. Terrible news which dropped Real's chance to advance to some extend..

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think you were tuned in to the Liverpool/Porto game.

HZinho, Ahmadi8, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  8. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    PSG didn't dominate all game, it was pretty balanced with us dominating for long minutes then PSG, then us, and so on.
    We were more clinical and emery didn't help with the cavani sub.

Romanero and Bear Crotch repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AS is reporting its a 2 week injury for Kroos

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed , must be an ESPN FC pundit, seeing what they want to see and not what actually happened

meringues, Zidane05 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My 8 year old son could hammer Ligue 1 teams so that's certainly no big deal, and every team that wins the CL needs luck. And as for PSG dominating most of the match, what were you watching??

12. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Unai Emery is Pellegrini 2.0 except more of a pushover. Good with teams from 3rd to 8th place but incapable otherwise.

If I was a player I'd listen to Manuel because he reminds me of Ricardo Montalban cross between a grandpa who would tell you stories by a fireplace.

I wouldn't listen to Unai Nosferatu.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and Chinky24 repped this.
  13. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    The worst are Culés questioning our victory against PSG after what happened between them, and the same PSG last season.

The referee on wednesday wasn't anywhere near as bad as Aytekin at Camp Nou last season.

But just like every ********ing time, Culés suffer from Alzheimer, and have no memory of it.

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  14. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They talk about referees when they should've ended the game with 9 players... lol

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has to deflect attention to the ref, pressure is on him now if he doesnt make it to the next round. PSG probably already have their next coach lined up.

I think he has got a good sense of how to build a team and manage games, but hoooooolly Zizou b*tch slapped him in that second half. Damn.

16. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    tbh i could understand his subs, taking cavani off, putting mbappe who's way faster in his place for counter, and playing daniel alves on right side to help on defense too.. more defensive, with 20 minutes left, could snatch 1 on counter, or ending 1-1, which would be a great result, that said, it failed miserably lol

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emre's change in tactics was actually working very well and they were creating more of the chances, but their finishing was lacking.

With that said Zidane's response worked perfectly and there was fnck all anyone could do at that point.

Chinky24 repped this.
  18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Still beyond me why he benched Di Maria. he was in very fine form, i'm pretty sure it would have been headache for our defense to catch him at the end. Well, thanks Emery.

Romanero, Bear Crotch, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  19. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want to theorize that a little bit of Emery's decision making problem comes from the front office and the Arabs, and then when it backfires it becomes a media circus with the players, their WAGs, goal.com, and all types of people coming out of the woodwork to criticize when no one paid attention to their domestic form.

In the return leg, they are going to have to go all-out, and of course, we'll catch them on the break. I am just worried that Neymar might dive and get a PK, we concede a soft goal, and we are down 2-0 before we can hit back.

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane: "For the second leg I want the same manager at PSG, with the same advantages and the same players and substitutions"

sneakking, Doni, Deep Pal and 7 others repped this.
  21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    PSG has many tools at their disposal, still lots to play for. We absolutely have to maintain possession and get behind the ball on transition.

papak and Digital repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Hehehe

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and temesgen repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Sure buddy.

If Cristiano scores those two gimmie one-on-ones in the first half we batter that French club.

Nobody here believes this tie is over. We have all stated the opposite. Don't let our happiness of our "lucky" victory give you sleepless nights.

24. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    no doubt. but from their perspectiv it was weird not to let Di MARIa play at least from 70th minute. it would have been wise choice and real headache for our defense. However, it's done, still all cards are on the table in second leg.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    ADM with his pace and mercurial behavior would have likely caused us lots of problems but I think they just got their tactics wrong. Instead of going for a goal they decided to go for a draw which in hindsight was a poor decision. I think they pushed alves higher up to provide service but the team didn't make the right runs off the ball. The second game is going to be a very different affair.