Real Madrid vs Paris Saint-Germain | Champions League R16 1st Leg | 2.14.18[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    libertao, Ahmadi8, raven3k and 5 others repped this.
  2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have never seen a LB who dictates a game like this. When Marcelo is on fire, he is everything. Reminded me of the Bayern game at home where he was phenomenal as well, a scorer, a creater, gives assist, what a player. Its not even fair to compare other LB's with him, they are not even in his shadow.

3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I bet Neymar Sr. was whoring himself last night at Bernabeu.

ChrizG13 repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
  5. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He can score 100 goals in Ligue 1 it won’t win him a Ballon d’Or. Nobody cares.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That feeling when you wake up to the universal butthurt that only a Madrid win produces. Its beautiful to hear and read these guys bending over backwards to discredit the win.

Issssa haow you say.......mmmm..... magnifique.

[​IMG]

Aimar 21, Deep Pal, ahnaf and 5 others repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Emery's job is on the line so its pretty clear he would have to divert the blame to the refs and sell that narrative to the Shiekh who seems to have bought it as well. Plus they have PTSD from the Barcelona officiating last season. Even then the general sentiment is that the referring was fine. Di Maria and Silva's wives destroying Emery on social media is just adding to the circus.

Props to Zizou for his brave changes. Dude showed balls again.... taking out Casemiro. If we had conceded he would have been crucified. Big time move from him. One thing he's never lacked as a player and as a manager is courage and most of the time he is rewarded for it.

After watching the second half again I have to agree with @Eddie Emery taking Cavani out helped us and hurt them.

Deep Pal, libertao and Eddie repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I've been questioning Ronaldo for a while but it's also fair to say while Ronaldo is undeniably selfish over his career his greediness has led to lots of silverware. That's also part of the problem, he isn't changing even if his abilities are, which sadly will likely result in a very messy separation between him and the club.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would leave Barca for Eintracht Braunschweig, Neymar did the right thing.

10. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everytime Barca tries to sign me or one of my players on football manager I reject this shit even if am coaching in the second division. Like bish u crazy, u know who I am lol.

Aimar 21, Deep Pal, Hsain85 and 6 others repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Putting the performance aside............ every player out there showed 110% commitment and spirit. Cristiano was lunging into sliding tackles near the side line to block clearances. Marcelo could barely walk after the final whistle. Benzema ran 9km or something like that.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lmao. Same. Same. I'd rather let the club go into bankruptcy than take their money.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Are you guys on the last FM? Any good if I played 2016, or too little changes?

14. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly I have resisted buying the newer FMs, I think the last one I have played was 2013 or something. Starting a game on FM means 2-3 months of my life are down the drain lol.

Deep Pal, rrrrrafik, Doni and 4 others repped this.
  15. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I quit my playing career on FIFA to go manage Swansea and then I beat Barca in the CL semifinals. Awesome! I even bought Dembele from them after his contract ran out haha.

Deep Pal, Zidane05 and Akramzizou repped this.
  16. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I stopped after FM2013 because it got really meta-y and it became increasingly complicated, things started getting out of control and I couldn't use my same tactics as in other FMs. I wasn't winning games 6-0 even though I had amazing players, and there were a lot of injuries while my youngsters weren't catching up in development.

I sound like AVB don't I?

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    964200969067290624 is not a valid tweet id

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everyone lamenting the loss of Cavani, wasnt Mbappe the be all end all last summer? Suddenly nobody cares that he was the one that actually replaced Cavani up top and did a terrible job

19. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh dear. I guess this happens when you build on shaky foundations. Its all well and good when you are winning, but how you deal with difficulties defines you. Our season has been woeful, but fair play to the players overall, and Zizou and even Perez, they have stayed calm and tried to be consistent.

Deep Pal, Digital and Eddie repped this.
  20. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mbappe wasn't bad yesterday. Nothing spectacular, but this is a guy who is what, 19 years old? We have to be realistic when judging people here. Imagine what he could do at 24?

21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Nobody cares because Mbappe being terrible is a hyperbole. Emery on the other hand replaced his top goal scorer for a right back in 66 minute. :laugh:

robnycus repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Point is Cavani was ultimately replaced by Mbappe, Alves replaced the latter. You could argue that the double fullback thing flopped for the gazillionth time but they lost their edge after their striker went out and a wannabe superstar spearheaded the attack. Oh and yes he was terrible, I didn't even notice he was in the game after their first goal until the 80th minute.

His performance mirrored that of Asensio, you know the performances we have criticised him for. Trying a pointless rabona at 1-1 :rolleyes: He was more interested in making a headline for himself than trying to help his team win. 0 passes between him and Cavani lol and we think BBC is out of sync with eachother.....

Deep Pal and Oscar repped this.
  24. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well most people were crying blood when we didn't get him. At 24 he will like win his 5th Ligue 1 and still bottle it in the CL

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    This is the point where some introspection would help out alot - for every physical challenge we made they were equally physical if not moreso. They had two players who should have been sent off; neymar for diving and Celso for pulling a player down in the box AFTER having already received a yellow card. They have an argument for Ramos handball and if roles were revered we'd argue same point but arguing the penalty wasn't a penalty is celito achievement unlock levels of muppetry.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and Digital repped this.