Real Madrid vs Liverpool | UEFA Champions League Final | 05.26.18[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CivilProtection, May 23, 2018.

1. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]vs [​IMG]

Real Madrid vs Liverpool
    UEFA Champions League 2018 - Final
    Venue: Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Kyiv
    Referee: Milorad Mažić (Serbia)
    Saturday; May 26, 2018, 19:45 CET
    Time Zone Converter
    Watch Live on BT Sports' YT Channel (Free)

This is it guys, our last stop, with probably the whole season on the line, a final –our 3rd consecutive one- against the last team that has managed to not lose against us in a European Cup final. So it’s fair to say the stakes are a bit higher than our “average CL final” (not that you can use that term for any team bar RM, mind), especially more so with the amount of accumulated salt generated by the media, fans of many different clubs, and basically all the world over the past 5 years due to our almost unprecedented success in the modern era of this competition. So let's strike the iron while it's hot!

Notes:
    • We are the first team to reach three successive CL finals since Juventus between 1996 and 1998 – they won only one of those matches.
    • We have met 5 times already, all in the European Cup, with Liverpool winning 3 and us winning 2.
    • Should we win, we would be the fourth team to do the three-peat – first in the CL era and and first to do it twice, following our victories in the first five ECs between 1956 and 1960. Ajax (1971–73) and Bayern (1974–76) are the other two.
    • Zidane could also become the first coach to win three European Cups in a row, having become the first to win the UEFA Champions League in consecutive seasons in 2017.
    • Ronaldo could become only the 5th player to appear in five EC/CL final victories, and the first in the CL era; the other four players are our old trio of Paco Gento (the only player to appear in six final victories), Alfredo Di Stéfano and José María Zárraga, and Milan's Paolo Maldini.
    • This is a repeat of the 1981 EC final, won 1-0 by Liverpool in Paris, our last defeat in the final of EC.
    • Ronaldo's two goals against Juventus made him the first player to score in three CL finals.
    • Sergio Ramos could join Ronaldo in scoring in three finals. He is already one of only five players to have scored in two finals, along with Raúl (2000, 2002), Eto'o (2006, 2009), Messi (2009, 2011) and Mandžukić (2013, 2017).
    • Liverpool are the top scorers in this season's CL with 40 goals, also a record for an English club. Salah, Firmino (both ten goals) and Mané (nine) have contributed 29 of those; only Ronaldo, with 15, has scored more goals than their trio.
    • James Milner set a new UEFA Champions League record with his assist in the semi-final first leg – his ninth in this season's competition.

• This is the ninth time that two clubs have met for a second time in the EC final – and, coincidentally, the third season in a row!
    • This is our fourth final rematch, and having won all three previous such encounters (2016 and 2017); we also beat Stade de Reims in 1956 and 1959.
    Fun fact
    • Karim Benzema is the only player that has scored both home and away (3 in total) the last time the two clubs met, in 2014/15 group stage.

Team News and Line-ups
    • Nacho has not played since 31 March due to a muscle injury but he should be OK for the final.
    • Joe Gomez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Joel Matip have already been ruled out.
    • Emre Can and Adam Lallana have trained with their squad but might not be fully match fit.

While our line-up is anyone's guess, their line-up should include the tried-and-true front three of Salah, Firmino and Mane, with Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum in the middle, and Robertson, Dijk, Lovren and Arnold at the back. I'd be really surprised to see even one change.

As for our line-up from the BBC style 4-3-3 to the 4-4-2/4-3-3 hybrid featuring Isco or straight 4-4-2 with Lucas and/or Asensio on the wings etc. etc., I'd prefer either of the first two options, Isco has had a great track record in finals, be it as a starter or a sub, he can help Marcelo contain our left side and at the same time overload their right flank, similarly, Bale has been on a great form as of late, can offer the badly needed pace up front in counter-attacks, and help Dani on the right side and be a closer match to their quick players on the right in Mane and Robertson, he might offer a bit more on defending & attacking set-pieces as well, which has been one of Liverpool's weaknesses. Or we can start with the former and end with the latter.

Quotes
    • Klopp re Zizou: “I’m glad we’re not playing against each other. Me against him, marking him or whatever... I’m very glad I can send my players onto the pitch, he’s one of the top 10... top five players of all time. And now he’s the coach of Real Madrid, a hugely experienced team on the pitch. That’ll be a nice challenge.”
    • Zizou: “It may be the toughest final we’ve had”
    • Isco: “We will all be ready to play and then the coach will have to choose those who he thinks will do better. Let him take the rap!”
    • Kroos: “I’ve faced Klopp many times in the past and I know how his teams play. They will all run like animals throughout the entire game. They are great upfront but their defense and midfield is also good. It means nothing to be the favorites here.”
    • Kovacic: “It’s very unusual to play for our third straight European title. It’s unbelievable.”
    • Casemiro: “I know what my job is. I have to help my teammates and make their life easier.”
    • Ramos: “My goal in Lisbon will be an anecdote. I’d rather not score any goals in 20 years but collecting Champions League titles.”
    Strike it
    [​IMG]

While
    [​IMG]

It's
    [​IMG]

Hot.

Hala Madrid y nada más!

kime777, 9Qui, PigBenis and 24 others repped this.
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ¡¡¡VAMOS EQUIPO!!!

CivilProtection repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Innnnnn

raven3k repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    VAMOOSSSS!!!!

djak_24 repped this.
  5. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LETS GOOO!

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That trophy has been in Madrid so long It has squatters right. Lets keep it where it belongs.

[​IMG]

Lessssssssgggggggggggoooooooooooooooooo

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WE OWN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! HIJO DE P*TA VAMOS!

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feels like this has been building for ages now. Can't wait for kickoff!

Excape Goat repped this.
  9. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    ¡A POR LA 13!

aporla13.jpg

PigBenis, Romanero, Ssr9 and 6 others repped this.
  10. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unbelievable feat, let’s do this. Can’t wait, I simply can’t see our guys not ‘clutching’ it!

11. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are more talented, we are more experienced, we are chasing history. Thus, we should feel good about our chances. But Liverpool will be hungry and the rest of the world can't wait to see us lose. How sweet it will be to win #13.

12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I don’t get nervous for football games but this one is making me tense.

Wingtips1, PigBenis, Romanero and 4 others repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just play to our potential and I think we should win then. An opportunity to make history and 100% effort needed.

KingKennyLFC repped this.
  14. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    Hi I was unable to reply to your last comment in the old thread but just wanted to say. as fans we must show confidence. We can beat Real Madrid. We probably won't but it is possible. Madrid are giants and we have been sleeping giants for too long. We are hopefully just waking up. I certainly think ZZ will have a plan. My analysis was based on what i have seen this season. I've watched a fair bit of Madrid this season and i believe my comments on how they set up are fair. I mean no disrespect my friend .

meringues and Shay Z repped this.
  15. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    If you win it's because you deserve to win. i promise to come back to this thread and congratulate your team. I love my club, i only hate Man U. Madrid are to be respected as are Barca and Byern. They have led the way for a long time. Not all fans are arrogant and disrespectful. Some are idiots on all sides. Go and try to get big ears and we will do the same. Football will win because this game will have mucho goals.

meringues repped this.
  16. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    You have the right to say that. Were just going to try and take it off you that's all. Wel give it a good go. If were good enough we will. if not You will own it again. YNWA

meringues repped this.
  17. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Last year Juventus had conceded only three goals in 10 matches before the final. People didn't stop to repeat how great Juve's defense was but that didn't stop us putting 4 in just 90 minutes.
    This year we are constantly hearing about their deadly trio and our unstable defense will suffer. Probably they don't know that our guys turn to last gear when it matters. I think Ramos and Varane will prove once again that they are the best in the world and Liverpool will not score a goal in the match.

saadomar repped this.
  18. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018

Maybe it's the media because in the UK Madrid are favourites. If Casemiro, drops deep and takes care of Bobby then Ramos can cover Sallah and Varane can cover Mane. This will make it tough for us to score. IMO i don't think it will be that kind of game for the full 90. I think both teams will try and express themselves and both teams will score. It's a case of who will score more. Madrid do have that extra gear for the final 20 mins and that could decide it. We will have opportunities and so far this season we have taken them. Both sets of fans should have confidence in there team and rightly so. They got to the final on merit and should be respected.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isn't there a BS Liverpool board where you can go to @KingKennyLFC ?

Not that you're not welcome here it's just you are kind of annoying.

21. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wish it was Saturday. The comments and predictions are becoming (predictably) idiotic.

22. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    I'm not sure what i have said to annoy you. Maybe you just don't like talking football. I'm not being disrespectful to you or your team

mwake, MaxY, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, I'm reading some think they will decimate us 3, 4 and even 5 to 1.

24. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Does anyone have a link for the 12th CL video in English subtitles? Need it to prepare mentally for the game!

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let’s get this done