REAL MADRID vs LEGANES | CDR R16 1st Leg | 09.01.2019 | 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yes i remember this. I would have said well we don't need players like De Ligt and De jong, two greedy shits!

2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I prefer natural random celebration than fixed market targeting celebrations like Griezmann and Cristiano

3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bench Bale, play Benzema behind striker + 4 mids.

4. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Bale is injured lol, he wont be needed

5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    thats some very very impressive numbers considering he barely plays, imagine if he had more minutes?

Deep Pal, Lyra, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Just seen highlights.

1. It is amazing how much more presence on the pitch Navas has over Courtois.
    2. Ceballos highly dynamic.
    3. Vin developing with light speed.

Honestly send Bale, Marcelo, Modrić and co. to prolonged Hawai vacation or something. Youngsters can handle this.

Zidane05, kelvinphr and Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    hahahaha, its true the seniors look lost.

8. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really would love us to move away from the 4-3-3. It really does us no favours. Our midfield is not as mobile or dynamic as say Barca's and even they are not beholden to 4-3-3 anymore. We have some of the best CAM/#10s in our team and yet we waste them on the wing or deeper in midfield. Isco, Asensio, James (if he comes back) and now Brahim. What is the point of buying all these players who excel in a position we have killed with our system?
    I wish I could have screenshot the numerous times when we literally had no one through the middle, while we had 4 players within 2 meters of each other, bunched up in a dead end on the wing. When Isco started playing more centrally we became more unpredictable and difficult to play against.
    enough on my rant about the formation, I think the kids played well overall. The future looks bright if we actually make an effort to develop the talent we have.

Deep Pal, 2Magia2, Lyra and 2 others repped this.
  9. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Still think and this match proved this that if we want to use Casemiro for his defensive abilities, we should have two more dynamic midfielders around him . Playing Kroos demands Llorente imo.

10. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I do agree with most of what you say. However I feel Isco's passes are off here and there. That is why I would rather see someone else in that role. Eriksen, James or KDB.

11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Navas was great today. Don't know why we have a better feeling with him in the goal.

Deep Pal, Lyra and temesgen repped this.
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ceballos unsung hero today.

S1na, Deep Pal, Eddie and 7 others repped this.
  13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This unsung hero will hit the bench for another month regardless.

Eddie, 2Magia2, Romanero and 4 others repped this.
  14. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James and KDB would bring the added dimension of goal scoring. Isco however, when he puts his mind to it is damn near unplayable in the hole. Its just a pity he has been shunted around and I feel he hasn't been allowed to hone in his skills for that role. Playing there consistently, i think he would be great.

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I seriously believe the #10 position is becoming obsolete in European football.
    You hardly see teams nowadays deploying new players in this role. They always tend to push them to one of the wings.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #10 for me is obsolete but we have a roster of #10 or hybrid verisons so we need to maximize the usage of our personnel.

My starting eleven at the moment would be:

Vini/Asen--Benzema
    -----Isco/Bra/Asen----
    -Valverde---Ceballos-
    --------Casemiro-----------

Reguilon, Ramos, Varane and Odriozola

We can get width from or FBs, we don't need to have wingers.

Deep Pal, temesgen and Anon. repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is just so toothless. Amazing even to me how useless he has become with Ronaldo gone. I knew his entire role was to be Ronaldo's waterboy, but I expected he would recover at least some alphaness and daring in his game. Nothing, the guy straight up plays like Ronaldo is on his side. Zero drive to score.

Prit Javier repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Vinicius really didn't look out of place playing centrally and with his back to the goal. Just saying.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If you remember months ago I said his development should be more in line with Cristiano (Brazilian flair of course).

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The potential is certainly there but he needs to be playing regularly to help with the decision making

21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Irrespective of that Modric isn't getting any younger.... Players like Ceballos need to get more than scraps.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and Prit Javier repped this.
  22. singisking

singisking New Member

Jan 9, 2019
    This guy is really obsessed with whether people remember what he said.

I swear, this is like the 4th post in 2 days where he's said "do you remember what I said".

Amazing really. Funny thing is, nobody ever seems to reply to him and confirm that "yes, we do remember". Sad. Here, take my reply as a sympathy gesture.

Prit Javier repped this.
  23. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I find it sadder that you felt the need and took the time to attack him for it trying to act “superior”. Who cares man. Don’t be so petty. It’s only an Internet forum.

24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The first player that need to bench is benzema. Who gives a fu(k that we don't have another striker? It's not like benzema play as a striker, he keeps going back and moving, so just out another attacking player.
    I wouldn't seeing isco, VJr and Diaz all upfront with the midfield being whatever we have available.

Prit Javier, Chinky24 and Digital repped this.
  25. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only gift is Vinicius, good win of course but our tactics it's such a waste. i dont understand what they are doing often really. Benzy the only on in the box.. always against 3 even he sometimes go wide and suddenly someone crosses in the box when no one is there! too many connection problems.. Still good win, lead quite safe now.

Digital repped this.