Real Madrid Vs. Bayern Munich | CL Semi Final - 2nd Leg | 05.01.18

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CivilProtection, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That reply to the cule's comment is gold lol

Screenshot_20180502-040220.png

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    raven3k, Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Marcelo on the penalty.
    He says it hit his hand.. and he thinks it was a penalty.. but says that is how it is in football sometimes these calls don't get call against us. and it is not easy for referees to make these calls.

https://streamable.com/xgypq

Lyra, Doni, HZinho and 4 others repped this.
  4. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fairplay to both him and Muller, whose face became less punchable for a second.

Lyra, ahnaf, Doni and 4 others repped this.
  5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos

Lyra, Doni, natenate101 and 3 others repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Even in the post game you could Benzema felt real good about himself. That's the kinda confidence we need him to have for the final. Hope he can hold on to it.

Aimar 21, Lyra, ahnaf and 4 others repped this.
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Doni, natenate101, temesgen and 2 others repped this.
  8. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    They did all the trash talking to unnerve the team before the match. After the match they accepted the result respectfully.
    Meanwhile Vidal:

FB_IMG_1502220374337.jpg

Lyra, madridismo, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is taboo. People don't come here for objectivity, they come to cheer for their club. Nobody wants the unpleasant truth.

But at the same time its not as simple as you say. I see the same thing: on the pitch we look terrible. Yet, here we are, in the finals three years in a row. Managed to edge out the best teams in Europe. Over and over and over again. I don't buy the referee helping us theory, refs make mistakes for everybody, and over three years they even out.

So that leaves luck. We had a fair share of it, thats true. But three years in a row? Six matches in a row this year, against giants like PSG, Juventus and Bayern? Luck doesn't work that way, over that big a sample it will turn against you, thats just simple probability. There is something more; this team, as bad as it is, with one striker that doesn't know how to score, another that is completely dependent on service at this point, a midfield that is terrible at positioning, centerbacks prone to constant lapses, fullbacks that don't defend, STILL manages to grind out results somehow.

And thats the whole truth, they grind out results because they play only for that one goal advantage, which is exactly what they need in the CL, and what they are capable of getting when they focus and put everything out there. They are capable of hanging in there to save their lives because individually they are good enough to survive, when luck comes to their aid, like it does to every other team that doesn't have that individual quality.

And thats the whole truth there. In a way Benzema is symbolic for how this club wins: it doesn't do what is generally by usual standards considered necessary, but it is always a threat of doing something great, because the individual quality is there. And it somehow operates in an equilibrium, regardless of how awkward it may seem.

RoadMan repped this.
  10. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    This is so heartbreaking, I feel sorry for him.

[​IMG]

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We have had our struggles at home, but we are probably the best team away from Europe in CL right now. Think of all the great CL teams and how often do you see 3-0 at Juve, 2-1 win at Bayern where they hadn't lost for so many games? Yes, you will suffer in away games but most teams would be delighted with a draw in those stadiums.

We played so well in Paris despite all the pressure tactics. I am far more confident when we play away from home this season and results show that in both league and Europe. Weird, but shows our character too. We always find a way to score in the toughest stadiums. Bayern took the lead in both legs, but we responded. Same last year.

12. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ugh all pundits riding the “luck” train. If they want to claim Liverpool as the favorites and are licking their chops to play RM instead of Bayern fine my me. Less pressure for the lads and more for them

natenate101 repped this.
  13. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    That other Bayern forum is such a fun place right now. Some people claiming that they should have received 5 (!) penalties over the course of these 2 games. The refs OBVIOUSLY helped us. We got lucky they had a ton of injuries. Excuses for days lol. I’m really enjoying the salt. :ROFLMAO:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. Ƭяιиιтʏ

Ƭяιиιтʏ Member+

May 11, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What was particularly hilarious was the heart-breaking disappointment in the voice of the commentators every time Bayern flubbed a chance to score :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

S1na, Lyra, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We just made 4th final in 5 years and that Culetard Linkear was talking about the era of this team coming to an end 'cos we are not the same as before. One CL final in the decade would be a peak for many top teams lol. Just goes to show how annoyed the haters are about our domination in recent years.

9Qui, Aimar 21, Doni and 9 others repped this.
  17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Lyra, Doni, natenate101 and 8 others repped this.
  18. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great! Maybe they'll send him back...

I spent the first 70 minutes of the match through an extended panic attack (I literally physically tremble and shiver during these matches)... and then I looked at my wife and said "you know what, if Bayern go through I'll at least be able to say the better team won, so whatever" and managed to relax just a bit.

S1na, RoadMan and madridismo repped this.
  19. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe we will handle either of the potential challengers in the final, but only because I also believe we will play better. I hope.

This is unbelievable. 4 finals in 5 years. Man.

Digital and libertao repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I mean seriously. That was his former teammate. Can't believe they are blaming him for kicking the ball out

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm a little nervous about Liverpool's explosive attack

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well at least no person can say the final will be boring because both defences are complete dog shit. We dont half make it hard for ourselves with the silly mistakes we gave away . Thankfully liverpool have the ultimate cock up master at the back in lovren which should be easy pickings for ronnie.

24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool's defense is a league below Bayern's.

ngl, Joshua Kimmich is probably the best right back in the world right now. Wow was he causing havoc for us in both games. 2 goals from a right back?

Sule and Hummels are miles better than Lovren and vvd

I can't even name you the Liverpool left-back but I'm sure he's worse than Alaba.

We will definitely score goals on them.

Oh, and no way does their midfield hold possession on us the way Bayern did. I'm sure we will win possession. The only thing we have to worry about is long balls over the top counter attacks.

S1na repped this.
  25. Jose Ignacio Madrazo

Dec 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    dont they have some serious problems in the midfield?
    Like lack of players? Hope we destroy them!