REAL MADRID vs ATLÉTICO MADRID | Supercopa de España Final | 12.01.20 | 19:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 12, 2020.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Lol at Vini on that video with his finger pointing up and how everyone ignores him..
    At least I give him credit for having balls

Umar and Zidane05 repped this.
  2. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He has balls alright. But he still hasn’t grown the brain cells to back them up :D
    He will be fine. I hope.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eeeey dat Saudi Riyal headin to da Bernabeu.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What does intelligence have to do with poor finishing?

5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saeta Rubia, girrdib, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imo our 5 takers would probably be Ramos, Modric, Kroos, Bale
    It does with his decision making or thinking that anybody would let him shoot the penalty when he has the worst shooting form on the team.

I'd rather Nacho or Cortouis take the penalty.

hector_br repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He's 19-years old. Decision making matures with time, besides he isn't that poor with his decisions he just terrible finishing chances.

Also there is nothing wrong with him volunteering for a penalty. I would rather he show confidence and try to build upon something then to cower away in fear and never attempt to improve his weaknesses.

Anyways, how is he unintelligent and what does this so-called intelligence level have to do with poor finishing?

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The classic Barca footballing IQ shtick.
    He's slow at making decisions and usually they aren't that bright. Rodrygo is far better in that aspect.

9. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    If only Vini's issues were his poor finishing.

Most of his crosses/passes end on the opponent's CBs legs. He is a poor finisher and passer.

And yeah, there's nothing wrong with him volunteering... but it's a funny sight. It's not only the people here (except for the irrational fanboys) who currently don't trust him.

He wasn't even that good in Flamengo. Unless he completely reinvents himself (plus thousands of hours in extra training) he will soon be in Valladolid or Las Palmas a la Jese Rodriguez.

Hsain85 repped this.
  10. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I leave that Zidane to judge

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Now we are rewriting history?

Vinicius was better for Flamengo than Rodrygo was for Santos and Reinier has been for Flamengo. Rodrygo is my guy, but he was passive and had his ups and downs with his baldheaded midget coach. Reinier is basically a supersub that has started to get more minutes.

Vinicius was a key member in his Flamengo side who depended on him.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Both players have their positives and negatives.

Rodrygo since he was at Santos never takes the bull by the horn. He has always been too passive and doesn't even use his full extent of abilities.

You guys praise him for always passing but soon you will learn he needs to stop being so passive and actually make threatening runs.

Vinicius on the other hand is fearless running with the ball and young so of course he is prone to mistakes. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

We need Vinicius to be a bit more like Rodrygo and Rodrygo to be a bit more like Vinicius. They are young and will grow. Insulting them and limiting them right doesn't show they aren't smart it shows we aren't.

Halycon repped this.
  13. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed on the poor crossing and passing. But I still believe he can improve significantly.

14. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Nope, not rewriting anything. He was not that good in Flamengo.

Neither was Rodrygo in Santos, I agree with you. He was a pleasant surprise for me as he seemed like a generic BR small, quick winger.

And Reinier is the same case as Vinicius. He plays for the biggest and most popular team in Brazil. He gets the hype, the media attention, gets overrated to new Neymar standards and Florentino buys him. We are basically financing Flamengo nowadays, buying their overhyped "stars". I can't wait for this trend to end.

Even if Vinicius was a key player in Flamengo (which can be argued), it means little to nothing. The quality here is too low. Being a key player in a BR team will not matter much when said player goes to a European giant.

I don't get this overprotection on Vini. He is young and certainly needs time and patience but the guy needs to deliver as well, it's his job. We are in the middle of a kind of goal drought from our attackers.

Vini, Jovic, Rodrygo, Bale, Isco all need to step up but especially Vinim as the others at least shoot on target most of the time.

Lyra repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad Vinicius volunteered to take the penalty and I definitely feel like we need to give him and Jovic a couple of shots at taking penalties to help them find their goal scoring form.

This is not without precedent either, lots of players have been "given" PKs during goal droughts

Lyra repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah.. you must be Fluzao because I have only seen Fluminense fans hate on Flamengo, their youth and popularity the way you do.

Anyways, Vinicius deserved the hype. He was a key figure for a good Flamengo side. He also was clinical and scoring regularly. No one could have predicted he would forget how to shoot once he step foot in Europe.

Also, there are many players who finished poorly and learned to finish very well. I believe Vinicius will be once since it isn't like he couldn't shoot at all in the beginning.

Another thing, both Rodrygo and Vinicius has much growing to do. Anyone writing them off os foolish.

Reinier, we will see. He has a confident shot, but as I said for me he is limited. He can't effectively play wide (speed) and CAM's are endagered species. He will have to develop into a CF.

Anyways, long story short? None of these players have shown themselves to be dumb. They show their age, but that is normal. They will mature.

17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bit off topic but I wanted to comment on this, I still find him way too passive, I can see the talent is there but he needs to express himself more, maybe because he’s so young and new to the team he’s a bit afraid of making mistakes, which would be normal

Eddie repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Right now i see him purely as a goalscorer, he needs to work hard on everything else.

Digital repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Has nothing to do with being new. He was passive with Santos. Check back in this thread and see my criticism when he was at Santos.

He needs what Vinicius has and Vinicius needs what he has.

The great thing is we have a manager who is manging them and not forcing too mich responsibility so they can grow the right way and hopefully develop these weakness as the mature with time

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correct, couldn’t have put it better

21. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree with Rodrygo, but if you watch him closely you see he is more comfy on the left. Against atleti he came in and tried to dribble wasn’t afraid. Prolly Zizou lightning him up, he seems more passive on the right.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I disagree here

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    To me he increasingly looks like more of a central forward than a winger. While Vin is the opposite. Typical winger.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I heavily disagree here.

You are seeing his movement in the box and scoring, but those aren't even what makes him so special.

25. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yea rod ain’t no central forward or #9 imo

Doesn’t have the size for it. He doesn’t need to be a #9 either to become great. He’s an attacking player of some sort but not a true #9