REAL MADRID vs ATLÉTICO MADRID | Supercopa de España Final | 12.01.20 | 19:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 12, 2020.

1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm just glad he made a decision, we've been saying for years that the midfield has to be willing to get stuck in for the team, be decisive and Fede is showing all of that

Eddie and Deep Pal repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tackle is the higher Efficiency choice there. Pulling or pushing can go very wrong. The shirt slips especially since its basically wet plastic.

libertao and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Diego Simeone would love a player like Fede in his team
    old school box to box midfielder after all

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #479 .halamadrid2., Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    According to Marca Vinicius wanted to take a penalty but was turned down aka ignored :D. Many players refused to take penalties. Really gutsy of Carvajal to take the first one despite never having taken a penalty. Pay back for his mistakes earlier

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's a whole video floating around and I don't understand Spanish but yeah. He raised his hand to volunteer and was turned down apparently.

6. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

do we know if this has been confirmed? i mean, not really surprising, but another example of the different standards if true

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope he takes it the right way and use it as a motivation to improve his shooting. I wouldn't have chosen Vinicius right now either.

Deep Pal, Digital and Drouchk repped this.
  8. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    There are no double standards. The rules are the same for everyone.
    He got a direct red card while De Jong got two yellow cards.

9. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah. I think only straight reds carry over not double yellows. If he misses more than one game now that would be double standard

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Therein lies the absolute stupidity of it.

PigBenis, S1na, yoanaidarov and 3 others repped this.
  11. jamesrodriguez05

jamesrodriguez05 Red Card

Jan 13, 2020
    Not really. It makes perfect sense to have lighter post-game punishments for a double yellow than a straight red, given that double yellows are not considered as serious of an offense as a single straight red.

For example, a double yellow will almost never involve a violent tackle in either offense, but in most instances, a straight red is usually due to a violent tackle.

It's basic logic. But don't worry, nobody expects you to understand it.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A red is a red.

This is a stupid rule. Whether u got it over 2 yellows of taking off your jersey or a straight red....a red card is a red card and should have the same punishment.

I don't mind the game off for Fede. He has been going full throttle for club and country all year... but this might be the stupidest rule in la liga and that's saying something

13. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    A red is not a red. Going from 1-50 as opposed to 1-100 are warranted from two totally different things.

The problem with this is it's a separate competition and should therefore have no bearing on La Liga.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #489 Eddie, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020

This is the video. It's interesting to see how little input Zizou seems to have here and Ramos is handling almost everything. Perhaps it's to take the pressure off the players.

edit: a little bit longer video (and better quality) https://streamable.com/hhfdw

Lyra, S1na and Kroosinator repped this.
  15. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    lol poor Vini.

16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    How can you tell from the back of his head?

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    As a coach, it's not always about proving you have the biggest dick in the room. Penalties are 90% confidence, 10% execution. Let the players decide who is comfortable taking it in those situations.

Also, I would die for Ramos if he asked me to. The man is a born leader.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This is where we disagree, considering there is substantial difference between a direct red card - which implies more severe foul / conduct, or accumulation of two yellows which implies softer fouls / conduct.

As such in case of direct red cards, i fully agree with the latter being applied to all competitions under RFEF.

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Penalty takers are well known in advance. They were basically just discussing who is willing to take it among that group of players and in what order.

20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Honestly i find him speaking out inherently brave and inherently stupid. He should have certain amount of self-reflection to know he should be the least player in the squad to take a penalty, considering his shooting is absolutely atrocious.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    He must be completely out of his mind if he thinks he can take a PK without making a mess right now.

If I were him, I'd spend at least 3 more hours a day training shooting.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valverde made the correct call IMO. He wasn't close enough to Morata and Morata had the momentum. In that particular moment, I'd be extremely disappointed if Valverde would think about Morata's (and therefore Atleti's) interests instead of that of Real Madrid. If Morata would get an injury, it'd be unlucky and a bummer, but nothing more IMO.

I know it's not a very popular opinion, but it is what it is. I like some ruthlessness in key moments. I remember that Clasico when Messi scored in the very last seconds of extra time (2-3 FT), because everyone let Sergi Roberto (of all people...) run across the pitch without kicking the legs under his body. It was infuriating for a Real Madrid supporter.

S1na, Kroosinator and AriGold repped this.
  23. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats only if you had 4/5 confident takers left before the shootout. All but one of our designated takers were not available. And some including Varane did not want to take the penalties. Also from Rodrygo's interview, he wasn't going to take a penalty until Kroos suggested he took one.

I doubt the guys knew who was taking the penalties. No way Carvajal is agreed upon before the game that he takes the first one. He offered to take it when nobody stepped up. He showed bravery not many did. Ramos is another one who wants to take the pressure penalty. Those are the bravest in a team. Look at that wimp Morata forcing 2 midfielders and a defender to take a penalty when he normally takes their penalties

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Ramos and Modrić are fixed takers. Casemiro also probably. At best two spots were available. Or even less considering maybe Carvajal is designated to take one. Or another option is senority, considering we have seen Ramos asking Varane. But of course, another key point is how confident player feels.

Point being it is not random, nor open to players will. If Zidane had an issue with it, he would have objected.

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The way I read it was he deferred to seniority and didn’t think he would get to take one but then Toni suggested that he should , I don’t think he minded taking one, and would have put his hand up from the start if he wasn’t the kid on the team.