REAL MADRID v REAL BETIS | La Liga - Matchday 27| 12.03.2017 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 12, 2017.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I did not see Tweets. So character issues? To bad then.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    About Pique's wife, and heavy right wing anti catalan political messages.

madridismo repped this.
  3. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I mean it's not super fair to him because he was probably like 15 at the time, but he has tweeted stuff like all Catalans should die and how he wants to get with Sara Carbonero etc.

Could only find a Spanish link since I'm on mobile -

https://okdiario.com/real-madrid/fu...s-que-ceballos-no-esta-hoy-real-madrid-191678

Either way I agree with you that I'm always impressed when seeing him play, but simultaneously get really annoyed at his antics.

4. VincitOmniaVeritas

Jul 18, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most Germans I've come across speak English better than those guys in the UK.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There have been reports that he's a difficult character at Betis as well. It's tough becaue you regularly get those guys, like Parejo as well. Talent is all there, but they don't really got it all upstairs.

madridismo repped this.
  6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It seems his character is on point. Bring him in.:ninja:

7. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Have you seen any indication that tells you Casilla is not capable of saving that?

8. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What do Madrid and anti Catalan views have in common?

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sergio Ramos has now scored 22 goals since the 2014 Champions League final, 19 have come when Real Madrid are losing or drawing.

Off twitter, don't know if legit, but if it is, it's an incredible statistic.

10. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Verified

Simply amazing

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There have been complaints about Ceballos being pretty low class. Even today, he went on and on about Lahoz in the post match interview. Navas would get sent off 9 out of 0 times for that, but on the other hand, Ronaldo is fouled by the last defender and it's not called (red card right there), and a legit goal is called offside.

Betis should be glad Navas stayed on, he practically scored their only goal.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Madrid is obviously Fascist!

13. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's something wrong with this team.... why are we scraping through every game we play

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's how you keep the millennials interested.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't need my keeper to make the spectacular saves at this point. I just want him to make the plays he should, and we're not getting that from Navas. Just give me someone that can do the job well enough for the season, and we can look for a replacement in the summer.

Aimar 21, Ahmadi8 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, that's super cool man. Just wikipedia'ed him. He's of Albanian descent. Makes sense.

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you SR4 once again! It isn't good he keeps saving us with his goals, but at this point you gotta take any points you can get and hope the others keep slipping. Really would like to see the attackers light it up soon though, they need to find a groove to run out the season.

libertao and Digital repped this.
  18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd rather we devastate all teams and win by like 7 goals, but let's face it: Ancelotti's second year, we could barely scrap and won against minnows by overwhelming them with goals. But how did that season turn out? I'd rather see a team that's determined to win, even at the face of adversity.

But mostly, we scrap because we don't have a defense or Goalkeeper. We win because we outgun our opponents. If a defense could stop us from scoring, they're guaranteed a win. We concede at least a goal a game.

Excape Goat repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #494 saadomar, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Luckily for us, football is a game where the victor is determined by who scores the most. But anyone who can shut us out for a whole 180 mins (or 90 mins if it's the final) will pretty much knock us out of the CL. I think there's a high probability we could be knocked out this year on away goals. Keylor Navas is so bad right now. That massive save today was a routine stop for him last season. He is sooooooooo done.

What's funny is that our defenders are known more for their offensive capabilities (Crosses, headers etc.) than their actual ability to defend.

Edino Edinho repped this.
  20. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. The most important thing right now is the 3 points. We've managed to put ourselves back in a commanding position. The game in hand can put us 5 points clear and give some breathing room for el clasico. We cannot afford any further slip ups and what I find most concerning is that outside of the first 20 minutes or so today, we aren't seeing any real significant improvements in the team as a whole. I hope this changes soon.

natenate101 repped this.
  21. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dunno who that is but i like him already

22. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Holy shit lolololololol. Thats awesome, that tweet about Carbonero and Ikers dick sizehahahahahahahaha.

Godlike.

23. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ceballos also tweeted anti-Madrid stuff about us being shit and Franco too. I posted it a few months back. Its just the Barca stuff got more attention because it was more vulgar.

yoanaidarov and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside of the last few minutes, i felt we were in control the whole game. It just wasn't going in for us

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we controlled the game fairly well, soft goal to give up, but Toni to Sergio again, we started with the creative players everyone wanted to see and still looked somewhat toothless upfront, controlling the game is one thing, making that control count is another, someone else noted the team looks stale, I agree, our attack seems stunted,

I just think none of these players have been consistently good enough all season, just random rare good performances here and there, no team or player can be at the top of their game every game, but the level of decent performances from the players is so wildly up and down, one minute sublime the next completely meh, (Navas in this one game alone, meh and sublime, good to see the team supporting him though) this is what makes the overall team performance look so mediocre and uneven, really really lacking consistency,

it's completely baffling to me this team does not play better considering the time the core have spent playing together and the supposed quality of the individuals, happy with the win and the points, forgettable game.

sleepyvato50 and Deep Pal repped this.