REAL MADRID v REAL BETIS I La Liga Jornada #5 I 20.09.17 I 22:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 19, 2017.

1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really concerned about CWC. We should just send the "B" team and prepare for Barca the following week. In recent seasons "the last game of the calendar year" sets the tone for the second half of the season.

Juande Ramos came in December and we went on that remarkable run (52/54 points). In 12/13 Iker got benched in the last game before winter break and we lost to Malaga and shit hit the fan, in Carlo's last season we played some silly friendly against Milan in Dubai right before a day before the New Year celebrations and lost, ending the unbeaten run; and we never really recovered that season.

2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It was the same in the defense. We left out the defensive side of our play completely. We went all out attack. Even the players who were back when we conceded, didnt give a shit marking the players or closing the space. I would say it was an attitude problem. Forgetting the attack-defense balance of the play. Not sure if they were trying to do as Zidane says or they went auto pilot.

3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Fair enough. Attacking football is the best. But i prefer a balanced logical one. May be a middle ground between Mou's rigid result-minded style and this YOLO zidane style.

Lyra repped this.
  4. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Yeah but sometimes you drop points early, panic, fire your experienced newly hired manager, promote an inexperienced bald guy from Castilla, and end up glad you panicked early.

Shay Z, Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    But that's my point. El Classico was a mentality thing. This was clear the minute we made the sub to take Modric out. No link between defense and attack, forwards coming back deep to get the ball, and Betis keeping the ball a lot easier.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Thank god Solari has great hair.

Deep Pal and Chinky24 repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    And is gonna get fired any week now.

8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No match thread on match day?

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed, I was wondering if we were not playing shortly, although I think anyone is free to start them

10. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You re right. But even the remaining players in the defence did not look to be concerned about conceding. They played too risky. I dont know if Zidane asked them to do so or they lost their shit. They just didnt care to defend. Thats also an attitude problem imo.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia