REAL MADRID v BAYERN MUNICH | UCL QF - 2nd Leg | 18.04.2017

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 17, 2017.

1. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have plenty of options on the bench. Isco is best from start not as a supersub. Like always we'll put Lucas, Morata plus one other player on and just keep crossing until we get our goal. It has worked well so far. Besides if we go a goal up and need to protect it Lucas is the best option off the bench

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You have Asensio/Morata/James/Kovacic on the bench.

3. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From Realmadrid.com:

Viktor Kassai has been appointed to referee the Champions League quarter-final second-leg clash between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich at the Santiago Bernabéu (Tuesday, 8:45pm CEST). This encounter will represent the fifth time that the Hungarian official has overseen a game involving Madrid in Europe's elite club competition.

Last season saw Kassai referee the quarter-final second-leg showdown between Real Madrid and Wolfsburg (3-0). He also took charge of the Whites' group-stage fixture against Liverpool at the Bernabéu in the 2014/15 edition of the competition (1-0) and was the man in the middle when Borussia Dortmund hosted Madrid in the group stage of the 2012/13 season (2-1). Meanwhile, in the 2011/12 campaign, he officiated in the semi-final second-leg encounter between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich (2-1).

S1na repped this.
  4. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just go through. It's not going to be easy but we have what it takes. We need to start strong and take our chances when they come.

Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Its weird but i'm more worried about this game then I was for the one in Germany.

Just qualify baby.

6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sport1 reporting that Hummels did not have a good training session and his chances of playing tomorrow are small. Boateng had a better showing so he might be possible.

7. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Hummels almost for sure wont play. Boateng can try but he might be limited & potentially re-aggravate his injury.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Biggest concern is injuries, last thing we need is an implosion due to vidal kicking the crap out of one or two people. Game won't be easy but I'm confident we can win at home.

9. djak_24

djak_24 Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guess they both force it and play. It's certainly the biggest game this season.

10. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For sure, I can see Boateng trying to give it a go and potentially re-aggravate.

Hummels injury is a 3-4 week recovery time, he was in crutches last week I don't see how he can play even with pain killers.

This all based on the information (more specifically the quality/reliability of that info) supplied to the public.

11. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    #36 -Fifth CharM-, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017

They trained with the rest of the team.

[​IMG]

12. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not worried in the slightest they might score a goal but i cant see them keeping us from scoring either and if ronaldo and isco are combining its GG :D .

13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  14. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also Boateng has a groin injury, its for sure a muscle pull/strain (i.e. a very small tear) that can easily turn more significant/tear once he goes full throttle tomorrow. See it all the time in sports. These light jogging pictures do not tell the full story.

Even IF both play (and that's a big if) they can't be close to 100%. I would say Boateng more likely to play.

-Fifth CharM- and Stiliyan repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I hope neither will be able to. At worst I hope only Boateng can go and he has to sub out early so they lose a substitute and the shock factor.

Regardless, I just want a favorable result and passage to the semi-finals.

raven3k, CR7PT, Bear Crotch and 10 others repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would like to see us try to rattle them from the start, the first 15-20 minutes hammering them giving them the Bernabeu treatment. I think we can extend our lead, like how the 2011-2012 game went with us scoring 2 in 15 min, with the way their defense is looking and with their focus on scoring.

MadridistaElComanche and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have to score 2 no matter what. Scoring only 1 won't get them through.

Alternatively, we have to score more than 1, because if they score 2 then we are tied.

We have to net twice at the minimum.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More updated news:

At this point we just have to wait and see what happens, from in crutches a week ago to good to play tomorrow. Can't be close to 100%.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I hope both play so they throw away their subs replacing them 15 minutes in.

CR7PT, Chinky24, Horsehead and 9 others repped this.
  20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Boateng even when healthy is meh as a defender so I'm not too worried about him. Hummels is also coming off an injury and reports are mixed about his health status. No way he is 100% and that defintely works to our advantage.

21. djak_24

djak_24 Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That would be nice :D

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. djak_24

djak_24 Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually, make it 3 with Lewandoski being the other sub. hehe :coffee:

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Lewa is 100% good to go.

24. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt either of their CBs are fit but if they want to start them despite the possible risks then fine. The first 20 minutes or so could be a nightmare for them. A positive start from us, attacking their CBs and forcing them to over extend could create problems for them. Not trying to take the sneaky way out but if they provide us with a weakness, then we should exploit it. If they have to take one or both of their CBs off in the first half, then their defense could be severely rattled.

I'll wait to see what happens with their defense on Tuesday with all these updates that seem to contradict themselves.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even though we won the 1st leg, the combinations that sees us knocked out has me stressed.
    [​IMG]
    Imo, we need 3 goals at minimum to feel comfortable that we'll go through. otherwise, we should really be worried. Bayern are more than capable of scoring more than 2 goals.