Real Madrid v Barcelona | El Gran Clasico |La Liga| 4.23.17[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Real Madrid v Barcelona
    Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
    Sunday, 23rd April 2017
    11.45 PT

[​IMG]

Title deciding Clasico. There aren't many games bigger than this one. If we win we have 1 hand on the trophy, if they win its all back on again. Both teams have been through grueling CL ties but our morale is better as won and they, shall we say, fell on their face ;). Form usually goes out the window in these games but even so we definitely come in being the better team. Our strength this season has been our squad. No one can rival the weapons that we bear forth off our bench. Our mental toughness and game management have also been our strengths.

The cule bitches tried in vain to get some BS stay order for Neymar's suspension which failed. So their most in form player is out. They have recently exhibited shocking defending but going forward they have looked very dangerous. The psychopath who leads their attack barges into defenders, pushes them and gets fouls all the time. As usual the referee will probably be the most important man on the pitch. The scum look weak at the moment but our players cannot underestimate them. This game is of huge importance to our season.

Bale has been training with the squad since yesterday but there were rumors out there that it is against the advice of the medical staff. It will be a tricky decision whether to play him based on his physical shape and poor form or to play Isco who is lighting it up right now. Who are we kidding, Zizou will play Bale if he can walk. Rafa has also been training with the team but this game has come too soon for him. This puts a lot of strain on our CB pairing of Ramos and Nacho. They would have played a lot of high intensity high pressure games back to back. Risk of injury or mental lapses in high with them. Same can be said of some our other stars like Cris who played the entire 120mins on Tuesday. Zizou has to make the right calls keeping in mind the liga run in. Cristiano is in lightening form and all the mins management of earlier in the season is paying dividends at the right time.

Props to Zidane. Big ups to the players. We arrive at this moment of the season primed to win the 2 big trophies. They've battled, they've persevered. But they can't let fatigue creep in now. Its the biggest game of football in the world and we are the biggest name in football. We own this shit.

HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS

ChocolateCandy, Horsehead, S1na and 21 others repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #2 Shay Z, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    That second video I posted. I defy you to not get emotional while watching it. That Carvajal part... wow. Wonderful people like Morro and Pedja and Zizou and Cuningham and Ruud and Camacho and Hierro and Pipita and Raul and......... on and on it goes. People you tell your grandkids about. We've been so fortunate.

I love Real Madrid.

Horsehead, S1na, Strokedoc and 17 others repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Has neymar appeal officially been squashed? They intentionally delayed filling to abuse rules. I haven't seen anything in the news regarding CAS response....

In any case, league defining moment this weekend. Let's getter done.

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to Marca they filed an appeal 15 mins before deadline, the CAS board said they would urgently convene if needed though.

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Yep, so classy of them. First appeal was essentially a stalking horse for the second. Intentionally a blank document to get a rushed decision and then abused the process so they can try and get their way with the second.

6. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they get the win to seal the league

a draw would be ok, but would leave the door open for goal differential to come into play

long wait until Sunday afternoon

7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should win this to end the week perfectly. Seal the league so we can concentrate on Pathetico

Crimson, Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have to win. It's the compassionate thing to do. Put them out of their misery

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should start Isco. If we start to win or draw, Bale should come in and explore the space with his speed when Barcelona needs to push for a goal.

S1na, Lyra, Crimson and 4 others repped this.
  10. chiku86

chiku86 Member

Dec 4, 2016
    india
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The first think i wonder about classico is why we dont score the opening goal.it has been three years and 5 matches we scored the first goal in a classico.this time hope the story will be different

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems we're out of the danger zone, Varane is back into the squad

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Awesome video with some incredibly emotional moments.

As for the game, i'd love it if we take a more pragmatic approach to the game instead of an emotional (derby/el classico) one. Yes, it's an important game for La Liga but it's equally important to preserve the health of the squad. I am not saying that we should play our B but i wouldn't want any player to be forced to play if he isn't healthy. We have a good bench and we can beat Barca without our regular starting 11.

I have a feeling Barca are gonna come in very emotional, they are gonna dive and whine A LOT as they feel they are entitled to red cards for the opponent and penalties for them. We can capitalize on that.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  13. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    This one is for the W guys.

Bale comes on later, Isco/Asensio starts.

Gotta press the hell out of them early and punish them weaker sides have done the same. Press high & early.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/04/21/primera/1492791749_541851.html

According to AS CAS would meet extraordinarily at 12.00 CET (41 minutes ago). No reports on the result so far.

Crimson and temesgen repped this.
  15. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Deep Pal, Aimar 21 and Doni repped this.
  16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Varane has been a danger zone for our become this season. It's good for depth, but that's pretty much it.

Would have rather it been Pepe

S1na, Deep Pal, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    So Varane not in the group ? Bale is there though, I guess the starts the match ....

19. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Barca is pissing them off. These people are not stupid. They probably didn't want to meet on Saturday but are saying they tried just for the media. Next week they will confirm the ban.

20. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    The ban is suspended until they confirm it. If they don't confirm it today Neymar can play in the Clasico. I think this is Barca's whole idea.

temesgen repped this.
  21. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "It may not yet be official, but it appears that Neymar will not be able to play in Sunday's Clasico given that the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and the club will not meet to discuss the Barcelona forward's appeal against his three-match ban.

The only body able to grant the Brazilian an interim pass to play the game is CAS, but their failure to convene means the Blaugrana would be fielding an ineligible lineup if he does take to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu field."

"You'll have to wait until the match to see if we'll take the [legal] risk of fielding Neymar," Luis Enrique said in his pre-match press conference, giving no clues away. - Marca

S1na repped this.
  22. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Epic video but What the hell is Owen doing in it, Di maria should be there honestly he was crucial in getting the decima. and casillas should appear for more than half a second.

S1na, Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  23. Penaldu

Penaldu New Member

FC Spartak
    Chile
    Apr 22, 2017
    I think Barca will win this one. They are out of the Champions League and they are not in the best shape but I can see them give all the best against Madrid. Don't forget that Real still have to save their best for the Champions League.

24. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
  25. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    This is a Real Madrid forum, please kindly ******** off to the Barca forum.

Chinky24, Anon., raven3k and 3 others repped this.