Real Madrid v Barcelona | El Gran Clasico |La Liga| 4.23.17[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Apr 21, 2017.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He was just quoted recently about the two things that tarnished his relationship with Flo and one of them was when Bale's manager spoke to the president about Bale's situation about wanting to play in the middle.. Flo went to Carlo and asked him what are you going to do and Carlo said "nothing".. Is on reddit now. He said nothing was the same since.

2. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If this is true, sell him. Bale isn't better than Ronaldo, Benzema isn't better than Ronaldo, James isn't better than Ronaldo. None of them should be given the honor of having a team built around them, they'll always be the sidekicks... if they don't like it, GTFO.

3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league is not F***ing gone man! god dam stop repeating that over and over

Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and Zidane05 repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Seriously. We still have the advantage. We have the squad to beat any team in the world. Zidane has shown for the most part to learn from catastrophic mistakes, although you hope he doesn't make them to begin with.

Deep Pal, MiamiNative0722 and djak_24 repped this.
  5. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyways where is Depor vs RM thread ?

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fingers broken?

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, MerlinRM and 5 others repped this.
  7. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    NAH , using my phone , not easy to open thread

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Which makes me believe he is forced to use BBC.

Everything else he has adapted to fit what was needed. He didn't bring on Lucas, he brought on Asensio. That is just one example of Zidane seeing the writing on the wall and making the change.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A lot of people succeeded with the same management, Benitez failed spectacularly. Zidane went from being the youth team coach to a CL title and being a month away from a potential double.

It's like Capello talking about Ramos wanting to injure Messi, when Emerson injured Messi withing the first 15 minutes of the Bernabeu Clasico while he was coaching us. Now Benitez managed promotion with Newcastle and he acts like Madrid has done him wrong.

The whole "under pressure to play certain players" jive is bullshit. Carlo had Casemiro out of the squad list most time and we gave him away to Porto and had to pay a bonus fee because they had triggered his buyout. Ancelotti told Morata to leave the club, but it's Zidane's fault he's played as much under him as Isco did under Carlo. If Perez would like the stars to play at all times, James would have played considerably more considering that we paid about as much as we did for Bale.

Carlo had to be forced to take Chicharito. He was banging the "i don't need a striker, i don't want a striker, Ronaldo scores uor goals" drum. If he had asked for a striker, we might have pulled the option of bringing Falcao in.

Please, excuses are for losers. The ultimate excuse for a coach is the club's structure.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    To add my 2 cents to this. Having watched the game live I completely and absolutely dismiss the popular narrative that this was a Messi masterclass. Even during the game I kept saying that he is playing just as well as we are letting him play. It really wasn't that hard for a player of his class to do what he was doing against our sunday league play. We allowed him to play his normal game. If we had played at our normal level we would be talking about how poor Messi has been this season. Of course the media is gonna hype up his goals because that suits them. We beat ourselves. When you make enough wrong decisions you lose. That's life. This Barcelona had no business coming to our house and getting anything but a loss. But we shot ourselves in the foot and then looked down to see we had another one and shot that one off too.

Our players mentality was astonishing. Like someone said after the game, it was historically idiotic.

It's on!!! Post saved!!

Defending the club when people take cheap shots at us is not defending Floren. You should try to see the difference.

Especially when its cowardly people who wait until our weakest moments to get their digs in, just like Capello is doing with that asinine Ramos comment..

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Somebody plz start the game thread. I'm too bummed to do it. Its time for the healing to begin and for this painful thread to meet page 2.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uli Hoeneß: "Carlo knows Real Madrid inside out, and he wants to beat them more than anything. He promised us that we will defeat them."

That was before the match in Munich by the way.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    so when are they supposed to say it.. when is happening in real time?
    I don't care about Capello's comments . We are talking about Bale and in this case we are seeing a pattern with multiple sources which indicates there is favoritism towards Bale from upper management which is having an effect on our coaches when deciding formations.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You wrote all that and still did not a give a single valid reason why someone should discredit Carlo regarding Bale .
    All you continue to do is attack Carlo to refute the argument. That is silly and I don't have time for that.

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Carlo is also on record having said that he has never been forced to select any player and that he never felt that the team sheet was anyone elses but his own.

He is a smart/diplomatic guy who handled Berlusconi for all those years. He will say things that he thinks are beneficial in that moment. Whatever, its not even important. Whats important is if you personally believe that Floro picks the team. I don't.

libertao repped this.
  16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was doubtless enabled by our poor play, but I thought his movement and dribbling were fantastic all night long. It wasn't just Casemiro and Ramos who were made to look like utter fools.

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think its Capello and Benitez who goes to the media after a lost, but the other way around, the media goes to them and asked them about the club after a big lost.
    as for the James argument, I think you need to pick your battles, and both coaches realize that its more important to have a balanced midfield then try and break the BBC.
    beside, James is no Bale, CR or Benzema for that matter when it comes to media hype, so its easier to bench him.
    I bet you that if we bought Pogba we would see him playing every game, benching either Kross, Modric or Casimero.

robnycus repped this.
  18. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Again, if Zidane is allowed to drop the most recent galactico purchase, he could certainly drop a recently injured Bale for crowd-favorite, in-form, Spanish Isco. The fact is Zidane a) erroneously trusted Bale's self-diagnosis of feeling healthy and b) thought the best strategy was to stretch Barca's backline on the wings rather than outplay them through the middle (note that Bale was not replaced by Isco, who never came on at all).

And just a reminder that Bale did not play during our game before that in which we did play Isco in the coveted four-midfielder diamond and Bayern beat us 2-1 over 90' at the Bernabeu when we only needed a draw.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    We lost 1-2 because Bayern scored an offside goal and because Vidal should have been sent off earlier. It had nothing to do with Isco playing and not Bale.

20. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    We lost because Vidal should have been sent off earlier? Come on.

I wasn't saying we would have won with Bale, I'm saying people are overly optimistic about the effect of getting rid of Bale and the 4-3-3.

21. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He did?
    Are you seriously complaining about the refereeing in games vs Bayern?

22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    James is not the face of RM. James was not only dropped by Zidane but by Rafa as well.. on the other hand Bale has been a consistent starter regardless of form under Carlo, Rafa and under Zidane.
    And Bale did not play against Bayen second leg because he was not fully recovered from injury.. Is not like he was there on the bench that day.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo: "I think that in all that time there was no possibility to put pressure on me about the lineup. I am the person that knows the players the best."

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The last time i have checked, we won 4:2.

25. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It wasn't the first time they roll the dice when there are only a few seconds left the game. It happened in CL final as well. Ramos almost got sent-off trying to stop Carrasco surging run toward Navas. He wasn't there when Sergi Roberto made the same run, his vice-captain Marcelo could have fouled Roberto but no....he decided to pull a cute fox trot move. This team is full of big gamblers, they have scored many late goals this term. I'm guessing they're trying to pull the same trick. It did not work this time.