Real Madrid has received a 25$ Million offer for Morientes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    The "Diario As" says today that the Real Madrid has recieved a 24$Million offer by the Tottenham for Morientes. The RM has rejected the offer and has said that they won't speak for less of 30$M. The Tottenham has said that they will responde in the next two days.

I think that if the RM sing Ronaldo they must sell Morientes. He is a very good forward but he hasn't resulted well in the RM. Morientes is the 9 of the Real and in all these years he never has been "Pichichi". Raul not being a pure striker has made more goals that him and has been "Pichichi" two years. Even Guti that is a midfield has figthed with Morientes the last two year for the 9 position.

2. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they want Ronaldo, I don't think they are in a position to drive the price too far up-Spurs already have the repuatation of talking a big game but falling short when it comes time to deliver. As much as Valdano & Perez think they hold the cards, the transfer market is crap now, and they still have another six players they are trying to unload.

I would pass on Ronaldo. He's still a big risk to break down-and who knows what his affect will be in the dressing room. This is typical "Real Madrid: equipo de estrellas" nonsense.

And Morientes-didn't the WC show that when fit, he still bring a lot to the table?

3. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Please don't sell Morientes!!
    He is way better that Ronaldo :-(
    Man... real is going to be dominated by foreigners again :-(

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in favor of selling him before... and I'm still in favor.

Forget Ronaldo. FM's only going to get in the way of Portillo's development.

In the past, FM hasn't had any pretentions whatsoever about airing his feelings to the press. What's he going to do when Portillo is getting more playing time in the big games than he is? Potential cancer.

He's not going anywhere, though. Hell, none of the squad is. Nobody wants to leave. Can't blame them.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    El Tottenham Hotspur ha mantenido conversaciones con el Real Madrid para intentar el fichaje del delantero internacional Fernando Morientes, según ha transcendido hoy en la prensa inglesa.

El pasado fin de semana, y ante las noticias del posible fichaje de Ronaldo por el club español, el presidente del equipo de Londres, Daniel Levy, viajó a la capital de España para ofrecer una cantidad cerca de los 25 millones de euros por el actual número nueve del Real Madrid.

Los ‘Spurs’ creen que en caso de concretarse el fichaje del ‘crack’ brasileño, una posibilidad que hoy parece lejana, los ‘merengues’ estarían dispuestos a traspasar a Morientes.

El equipo entrenado por Glenn Hoddle está como loco por fichar a un delantero de cara a la próxima temporada. De hecho, Morientes sería la cuarta opción tanteada durante este verano, tras los intentos infructuosos de hacerse con los servicios del inglés Kevin Phillips, del Sunderland, el irlandés Robbie Keane, del Leeds, e incluso del brasileño Rivaldo, contratado finalmente por el Milan.

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Morientes: I don't Want To Play For Tottenham

Tottenham's surprise move for Fernando Morientes has fallen flat on its face after the Spanish striker said he didn't want to join the Londoners.

The £15m rated player has reiterated his desire to stay with Real Madrid, who you wouldn't expect would want to sell Morientes after their interest in Ronaldo was ended yesterday.

Morientes told The Sun: "I have no wish to go and play for Tottenham or play in London.

"Real are the European champions, while Tottenham have not even qualified for the UEFA Cup.

"I am very happy playing for Real, and I have no desire to leave the club, or Spain, whatsoever."

7. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Do you Blame him!?
    I wouldn't want to live in London either!!
    He's got it made, Living in SPAIN and playing for the best team on earth, Ahhhhh....The Perfect life.

Marty

8. Kambiz_BAHAL

Kambiz_BAHAL New Member

lol, real is going to be taken over by foreigners? what is that , racism... im not a big fan of real, but what i see is a very diverse team and thats good for the team.. i mean you guy portugal's best, france's best, several of spain's best, one of brazil's best... i agree with ronaldo being a liability because he might be injured, but dont say morientes is better, thats a joke, lol.. if i was real, i woudlnt pay for ronaldo now either because morientes and raul work well together, and are much better than barca or deportivo's strikers, they dont have much to be worried about in striker department

9. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No man that has nothing to do with racism!! Its funny how u think it is!
    And when i said the Mo Mo is better than Ronaldo that was strictly my opinion.
    If u don't like it, I don't know what to tell you.
    And as far as YOU playing the racism card on me that's just lame !!
    So what your saying is I am racist against half of the world, Since real madrid employed people from at least 50 countries the last 100 years!! Grow up!

10. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Kambiz, our spanish boards are racism free, hate free, troll free, keep it like that please, if you have a complain please address to the mods, we know how to deal with that kind of issues.

Thanks

11. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mario!
    When i said that foreigners are taking over real madrid i meant the NON spanish citizens and not the different races (Blacks ,Yellows, Arabs Muslims......etc)!
    that's all

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    everything's cool minuscapita, no quiero q empiecen los relajos q se dan en otros foros eso es todo!

13. MadridistaElComanche

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Look at these comments though.. Javier Portillo huh, then they had an overlapse of great strikers, left, never really came in the limelight again.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    N-N-NECROMANCER!

15. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who are you people? Where did you come from?

[​IMG]

euon and J-Mezzy repped this.