Real Madird Biggest Cheaters!

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by Force Barca, Apr 12, 2018.

1. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  2. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    More elbowing than randy macho man savage. He’s pathological too. Always claims innocence after he clearly intends to elbow. It’s just sickening what he does. Even more sickening what he gets away with claiming innocence. These things decide matches. Kimura arm bar salah’s arm... Elbowing Karius. Suspend this guy.

3. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Ramos is a dirty player. His antics are unworthy of a champion. From the way he deliberately harmed Salah to the way he got Mane carded, shameful stuff. Anyone who thinks Ramos didn't know what he was doing is fooling themselves. He knew exactly what he was doing. Salah gave him the excuse to pull him down like that. Ramos took full advantage. Salah's smarting from it now. He should have known better than to mix it up like that with Ramos. At least now he knows.

Beyond the unsavory antics of Ramos, Real do the usual tricks almost any other side would pull. They aren't Inter buying the cup in '65 while playing catenaccio. And Bale's goal was the most spectacular goal I've seen in one of these finals since Zidane's against Leverkusen. I think I might like Zidane's a little more truth be told, but to each his own.

With respect to the penalty controversy in the Juve-Real game, I agree that it was a penalty, but Buffon made an interesting argument that a similar foul was made in the first leg, yet a penalty was not given at that instant. His point was that the refereeing needed to be consistent, that if it's let go in the first leg, it must be let go in the second leg. A quality referee would have understood this, he claimed. I'm not sure which alleged penalty claim in the first leg Buffon was referring to, but his argument gave me pause for thought.

5. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait , was it the same Referee for both legs? Damn! UEFA really screwed that up ! [emoji23] Referees aren’t robots . The best you can expect is consistency through the ONE match . It’s up to the players to adapt to the way the ref is calling a game .

Just like a referee cant expect consistent play from different players every single match . You can’t expect consistent referreing match to match . Buffon knows this ... he’s been doing this for decades .

The laws of the game are simple for a reason . To allow for individual judgments. Otherwise this turns into the NFL where they have rules for everything and the game is stopped every 5 minutes .

6. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    The referee in the second leg would have had to have studied the first leg. And he would have focused on decisions which were missed and calls that were made incorrectly. So yes, the referee would look to maintain consistency in certain areas the referee in a previous match set the tone. I think in the case of penalty claims, this would especially hold true. If a referee will call a penalty for almost any kind of handball in the area (depending on how one defines deliberate), then in the second leg the referee should do the same, whether he shares that interpretation or not. It only make sense, in my opinion and good referee would grasp that.

The final point you raise actually speaks to how football is indeed different. According to the rules, yes Real should have been awarded a penalty. But let's assume Buffon was right, that there was a similar moment in the first leg that was not correctly called, then the referee in the second leg could maybe (emphasis on the maybe part) have made a case based on the argument Buffon raised if the referee had decided not to have awarded the penalty instead. Like you said, the rules aren't as fixed in football and a greater level of interpretation on the referees behalf can come into play unlike in other sports.

I don't know if Buffon is right or not, nor do I attest that I myself would agree with such an interpretation. I think it was a penalty, but I'd be very much interested to hear a more informed referee provide his insights on Buffon's claim.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I believe it was this one. Think it occurred in the dying minutes/seconds of the match.
    The argument I've heard against a penalty being awarded is that the player was able to get off the shot before the defender made any contact.

tudobem62014 and SF19 repped this.
  8. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    That's probably it. Thanks for sharing.

9. KayC

KayC Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I didn't think it was a penalty. Lucas Vasquez knows how to sell it, and has learned well from the long line of Hollywood actors that are his team mates...

calabrese8 repped this.
  10. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was kind of like that foul Ramos drew yesterday. He knew contact was coming and made 0 attempt at scoring

11. ACSRussell

ACSRussell New Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    May 7, 2018
    I have watched and rewatched the game on skysport, BTsport, bein sport, and post match commentary on ESPN and none of the comentatators or pundits either during the match or at the break were of the view that Ramos intentionally tried to injure, none of then even thought it was card worthy. In fact the Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand commentary team said that it was a typical challenge and commended Ramos for good defending. Funilly enough even Steve Nichols (Ramos biggest critic) didn't think there was malice in the challenge on Mo.

I get that Liverpool fans, some other EPL supporters and barca fans were/are distraught and have decided, after watching the challenge over and over in super slow motion on their fancy smanshy machines, that Ramos intended to cause bodily harm to Salah. In actuality the whole challenge, from the shoulder to shoulder to the going to ground (including the tangling of arms) took less than 3 seconds. Perspective is important and it is often lost when a split second is drawn out into 30 seconds. What many people do is impute/transfer 30 seconds worth of intention into the actual 3 second play, particularly when they are being emotional

What can be said, is that Ramos intended to bring Salah down, that is clear. What cannot be reasonably said, much less said with the certainty that fans assert (if you remove fan emotion from the fray), is that Ramos in the split second the challenge took place formed the intention to injure Salah. The way I look at the challenge is if there was no injury no one would have said ramos was trying injure salah so the mere fact that injury occurred does, all of a sudden create this intention. Particularly when experts (the actual experts) described the challenge as a common/typical defenders challenge.

Despite all the venom directed at Ramos, I can say with great certainty that Liverpool or Barcelona or any of the top sides in the world would jump at the chance to sign "the same dirty playing disgisting, dishraceful, disrespectful" Ramos if he became available tomorrow. To think otherwise even in the throws of a Liverpool fan's dispare would be delusional.

Based on the stats one would be hard pressed to say that Madrid went out to play dirty football. Fouls committed were 5 madrid to 18 liverpool. So even if you were to double Madrid fouls liverpool would still have committed nearly double the fouls.

But I suppose there is no reasoning with emotional conspiracy theorist fans.

robnycus repped this.
  12. KayC

KayC Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #62 KayC, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    ^ BS!
    It was a foul deserving of a card. A main point here is refs make favorable calls (or non calls) for RM.
    Another point is they got a team full of pro foulers and Hollywood actors. They know how to get away with dirt and simultaneously draw cards for oppnents. They probably train for it!
    I've seen Ramos dive in his own box to draw fouls!!! Refs think that no defender in his right mind would be stupid enough to dive in his own box, and so therefore must be a foul on him... they know how to dupe refs..

calabrese8 repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  14. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Probably, but could be:

1. Real Madrid get calls. As Eric Cantona said “putting toothpaste back into the tube is one of the most difficult things in life, much harder is getting a penalty against Real Madrid in the Champion’s League.

2. The difference is one player is white. One player is black. Im no black lives matter kind of person, but euro leagues consistently give black defenders more cards when I watch. Even blame them for reacting to racist fans. It’s the same reason why cops shoot blacks they don’t consciously do it... it’s ingrained.

15. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  16. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi California, what brings u here? Last post in this forum is for u.

17. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    joy ... pure joy... a bit of boredom. Daughter played in a football tournament in San Diego this weekend ... enjoyed the usual SoCal weather. So Cal weather is the best in the WORLD...

Yes folks .. the World... been in the WORLD and it doesn’t get better than Cali on the coast!

Nope! We have good weather year round... like for ever ...

18. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree pass me some of those carne asada fries lol

19. Didimos

Didimos New Member

Manchester United
    Nigeria
    Dec 23, 2020
    I would like to report a fixed match agency on telegram, they are selling genuine fixed matches, I am not here to advocate them or help them grow, but I am here to stop them, I disagree that no one should be able to know the outcome of any football game, please join me and report @supercorrectscores to FIFA Agency, if you you know the right authority please let's report them

20. Didimos

Didimos New Member

Manchester United
    Nigeria
    Dec 23, 2020
    I would like to report a fixed match agency on telegram, they are selling genuine fixed matches, I am not here to advocate them or help them grow, but I am here to stop them, I disagree that no one should be able to know the outcome of any football game, please join me and report @supercorrectscores to FIFA Agency, if you you know the right authority please let's report them

21. marley dread

marley dread New Member

United States
    Dec 23, 2020
    bandoleros

:08