Real Madird Biggest Cheaters!

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by Force Barca, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Force Barca

Force Barca Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 23, 2017
    They cheat their way through UCL with the halo of referees every year! I hate that club and everything it stands for. It was never a penalty! All home Madird fans hate that club and want them eliminated! I hope they get Karma

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I hate Real Madrid as much as everyone else does.
    But it was a penalty.
    With that said, I doubt Oliver will ever ref another match involving Juventus.

YoungRef87 repped this.
  3. Force Barca

Force Barca Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 23, 2017
    He was going down before contract was ever made. Buffon should not have seen red and the way Oliver officiated should have set precedent that it wasn't a penalty

Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  4. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Doesn't matter. Contact was made before the ball arrived. That's still a foul.

5. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Juventus undone by a "dodgy" penalty call in injury time. How awful for them. Maybe the ref was bribed? It's happened before.

UdineseFan98 and Force Barca repped this.
  6. YoungRef87

YoungRef87 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 5, 2018
    Everyone needs to calm down about this whole deal. It was a penalty, the ref wasn’t bribed, and Michael Oliver is not a cheat.

7. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    It's a foul but you don't give a penalty for that in the 93rd minute. It simply doesn't happen. Refs swallow their whistles in such a situation.

8. YoungRef87

YoungRef87 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 5, 2018
    Where in the Laws of the Game does it say not to give a penalty in extra time?

9. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    There is no written clause stating that but it's a fact that late in matches, the refs generally let them play. Calling what is essentially a 50:50 penalty and deciding the game seems pretty unfair.

Dybala not only didn't get a penalty call but got a yellow card for diving in the first leg on a play where there clearly was contact. And now this...

10. YoungRef87

YoungRef87 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 5, 2018
    I see your point, but from a neutral standpoint, I feel that Oliver’s penalty call was correct. I don’t think that this was one of the “let them play” moments.

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How do you know? Do you know him personally? Would he tell you if he was? :)

12. YoungRef87

YoungRef87 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 5, 2018
    Its just interesting that people are getting so upset over a good call. Ask any referee instructor and they will tell you his call was spot-on. Also, one cannot get to that level of refereeing while having bias. The referee committee would never allow him to ref again if they thought he was being bias.

unclesox repped this.
  13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #13 Calcio Pauly, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Totally agree, high profile referee's have never made egregious errors bordering on "bias", stupidity EVER in the history of the sport. Neva eva eva eva. Like never.

Anyway, we're talking about a specific play. For the record, I thought it could have been a penalty. I still haven't seen a clear angle showing where Benatia touched the player, he probably did, from behind that is. He did everything possible to get to the ball and clear it, and did clear it without going through the player. Did he touch the Madrid player from behind? I don't know. Does anyone have a camera angle where it clearly shows this? Was it a ballsy call? Yes. Did it decide the match? Obviously.

Not being an unbiased ref myself I can only speculate that it would have been on the level of this call had the ref made it, I would imagine,

Neuer got ball first while going completely through the player, knee to the head and all. Had the ref called that penalty he would have decided the game, same as this. Benatia didn't go through the player, but might have touched him, again, haven't seen it.

What would unbiased referee's say to the example I give above?

calabrese8 repped this.
  14. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    I've watched a few football shows the last few days. The analysts are pretty much 50:50 split on whether it was a penalty or not. Fans on ESPN voted 60:40 in favor of a penalty. Plenty of legends like Maradona, Lineker, and Albelda said it's not a penalty. Why take something that's far from a clear cut thing and let it decide a game of that magnitude and in such a moment. Any fan of the game who isn't a Madridista would feel let down by that finish. And I heard Christian Vieri say that there is no way the main referee from his position looking at Vasquez from the front could have assessed the level of contact from Benatia in the back. The assistant ref reportedly didn't give any guidance and Oliver just blew the whistle.

15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  16. C.Ronaldo goat

Chelsea
    Spain
    Mar 28, 2018
    I'm sorry but this real Madrid, is one best and fairest teams I ever seen, And it was a clear penalty i get it you a BFC fan but, you need to wake up and stop hateing Real Madrid its not man.

17. YoungRef87

YoungRef87 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 5, 2018
    Um..... One could make the case that the goalies eyes were on the ball and that he didn’t see Higuain. Or that he got ball first.

On the other hand, he completely destroyed Higuain. Personally, I don’t know what I would have done. If you want a really good answer, I would recommend going onto the Referee thread and asking @MassachusettsRef.

18. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Here was his reply on the day of the final to the incident. Don't know if he's spoken about it since.

His post in full

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So in your opinion it was a case where the ref likely didn't want to make himself the deciding factor that late in the game?

20. YoungRef87

YoungRef87 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 5, 2018
    I never said that. I honestly don’t know what I would call in that situation. That’s why I referred you to a much more experienced ref.

21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If that were the case then the corrupted Juve ref :D (if you take into consideration the complaints from teams playing against Juve that season) would have made the call with the least amount of influence on the eventual outcome, I would imagine.

22. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Three consecutive CL games now that an opposing player got ejected. Can the streak continue? I'd say there's a good chance. Last year Bayern had a player ejected in both legs.

That's unebelievable!

23. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes it was lol violently at you

robnycus repped this.
  24. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What a load of bull,
    If that was the case ref does not give a golden goal pen to France 2000 semi final

YoungRef87 repped this.
  25. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    What are you trying to prove? The France penalty was very questionable as well. The ball was rifled into the arm of a player and the arm was beside the body not outstretched. Those kind of calls you don't give in such a situation.

The only penalty you give that will decide the game is if it's 100% obvious. The Madrid penalty was a 50:50 call. If it wasn't given it would be far less controversial.