Real close on another attacking player

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RobbHeineman, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well anything with experience is going to be an improvement.

Who knows with the american players tendency to pass and run maybe our control/center middies don't need to run as much if they can pass the ball with the right weight and accuracy. Let those wingers, be wingers and forwards be forwards.

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why do you say that? Have you seen him play? Do you know anything about him? If so, please give us some info. If not, dont pass judgement until you learn about him.

Were you actually thinking we were getting Riquelme?

3. TwhiT

TwhiT Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys guys guys.......wasn't it settled awhile back that we're gonna get Kaka? amirite?

^_^

4. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Eddie Johnson.

I also thinks it's a contract year for LeBron James.

And Adam "Pacman" Jones just got cut by the Dallas Cowboys.

And rumor has it that Carl Edwards is upset with Roush Racing.

So we could also be looking to sign any one of those guys.

5. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I mentioned somewhere before, if he can hit net on a consistent basis, he is worth a look. LeBron for DP! :D

6. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, that's 2010. We're saving him for the HRO.:D

If it's Hirsig, I'll have an open mind and will be fully excited to see what he can bring to KC. I also think that some people on here need to quit with some of these middle school posts...

Who's the guy on the TV while he's working out?

7. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understandingis that the video is from December when his team was in the playoffs. And the young guys are his competiton on his team... something like that.

8. ezstreet

ezstreet Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Topeka, Kansas
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Kansas City Wizards announced Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms with Argentine midfielder Santiago Hirsig on a Major League Soccer (MLS) contract. Most recently of San Lorenzo, Hirsig is an eight-year veteran of the Argentine first division. Per club and League policy, financial terms were not disclosed. Hirsig and the Wizards will finalize the agreement following the receipt of his International Transfer Card and P-1 Visa.

"We have come across a talented and gifted player through our expanding international scouting network and contacts,” Wizards Technical Director Peter Vermes said. “Finalizing the contractual negotiations with Santiago Hirsig gives another solid contributor to the Kansas City Wizards who can play in the center or out wide in the midfield."

"I am very excited to join the Kansas City Wizards,” Hirsig said. “I have followed MLS a lot in the past year, and I cannot wait to be part of the team and hopefully help the Wizards win MLS Cup in 2009."

Hirsig, 31, started his professional career in 1999 with Atlanta of the Argentinean second division. In 2001, he was transferred to Platense of the second division, where he played for two years before moving to the top flight. Hirsig played for Huracán in 2002, but the team was relegated after the season. Hirsig then joined Arsenal de Sarandi, where he became a prominent player in the Argentine first division. At Arsenal, he was instrumental in the team that qualified for Copa Sudamericana 2004, the first international tournament in the club’s history.

Hirsig stayed at Arsenal until 2006, before transferring to Argentine power San Lorenzo de Almagro. He was a key component that San Lorenzo and won the Argentinean tournament in 2007 and got to the finals of the Argentine Torneo Apertura in 2008. Hirsig becomes the second Argentine player on Kansas City’s roster, joining former Argentina international Claudio Lopez.

9. EricKingh8sTheFire

EricKingh8sTheFire New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Riquelme is a decent shout, he really is...I don't know about Crespo, Im pretty sure we were both joking about him...but Riquelme, when you really think about it, could happen... Beckham came for the money, if we could offer up something a little tempting, with our other Argie's urging him on...it could maybe possibly potentially have some sort of chance of happening?

10. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well this certainly takes care of my recent impatience.:)

11. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad we got who sounds like a decent player...Hopefully he will bring alot to the table.. Good luck Santiago

12. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I seriously doubt that OnGoal is going to shell out that kind of dough when they are limited to 10,385 ticket sales per game for the next two years. anything is possible but I find it highly unlikely. It just doesnt make much sense from a business stand point.

When Hillcrest Rd opens, then we may see that kind if signing. I would be shocked it it happens before then.

13. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew it was a stretch, but I like believing were a big enough club to do it..maybe in time,,,either way im excited to see this new fella

14. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is fun to think about and I like to think that OnGoal will be willing to sign someone of that caliber when the time is right but that time isnt now.

15. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your right...i like your avatar...im predicting 3-1 tonight

16. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody else read this as "impotence" the first time? Totally changes the whole post... :eek:

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you must be new. the agreement is that we always win 2-0. it's almost law.:p

18. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol not new, just an idealist.

19. soccerpatch11

soccerpatch11 Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 goals in 75 appearances is not enough to write home about. I love that the Wizards let us in on information before it is official. It just seems like Hirsig doesn't have the stats to be considered an attacking player. I really hope he is a good signing. I am just hopeful of signing players like Riquelme, because MLS should be signing these types of players. Riquelme is 30 years old so his chance of going back to Europe is slim, but at the same time he has at least four years of good football in him. Just because he plays for Boca Juniors does not make him unavailable.

In other news, I'm fantastic!

20. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

21. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Scoring goals isnt the only thing that makes a player an attacking player. It takes people to provide service and set things up to score goals. He could very well be a great crosser of the ball and know how to run at players. He could have a number of skills other than scoring goals that makes him an attacking player.

In regards to Riquelme and players of that caliber, it sounds like you are more interested in the name of a player than what they will provide.

I would much rather the Wizards sign some younger, lesser known talents at a reasonable price than some overpriced, past his prime veteran than will give the team less years.

All you have to do is look at the last two seasons to see that big DP signings havent meant success. Signing Beckham turned LA into an exhibition team like the Harlem Globetrotters rather than a competitive soccer team made to win games. They were more about show than winning games. I dont want that for KC.

22. soccerpatch11

soccerpatch11 Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you watch a Boca Juniors game or Argentine national team game, you will see that Riquelme is not even close to past his prime. An attacking players scores goals and sets them ujp, just like Riquelme. If Hirsig produces, fantastic! If not, he is Ivan Trujillo in disguise.

23. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the Special One, too, but this is getting a little old...

24. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think its quite old yet...But Felix if you look at some other big name signings outside of Beckham, i.e. Juan Pablo Angel, you see the impact some of these bigger named yet old players can do...Even after losing Altidore, he still carried NY to the Cup, and I'd say Riquelme is still significantly better than Angel..but the verdict is still up on our new lad, so I think were all for supporting and giving him a chance to prove himself.

25. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed. hopefully, this noob fever will pass soon.