Real close on another attacking player

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RobbHeineman, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    ooh, ok. Fantastic. More players. Keep bringing those SA players, one of them are bound to work out. Let us not forget about that smart english guy who put a room full of monkeys in a room full of typewriters.........

2. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yes, I understand that, but in the same respects, there was a period of time I was very excited about Marinelli. I don't think he wasn't worth taking a chance with, but my biggest issue with the whole deal was how long he was allowed to do nothing esp. when his track record should've caused us to buck a bit earlier.

I also liked Eloy, thought he deserved a little more opportunity but that experiment just didn't work out.

I understand Spoon's feelings, but I don't think our previous attempts have been _all_ that bad.

//EDIT: Forgot about Trujillo, who was probably one of the most underwhelming players we've ever had the opportunity to be underwhelmed by.

3. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reynier Alcántara? Or is he for sure signing with Chivas? And Cuba probably isn't south american anyway?

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he's still in camp with Chivas, they were the ones that filed the discovery claim on him.

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    He was also paid somewhat like that. Colombano and Trujillo weren't very expensive, and we didn't give anything up to get them. Even Marinelli wasn't that expensive. As long as we don't Reyna our Denilson ourselves in the balls with their contracts, I'm fine bringing in "scrub" South Americans for depth.

6. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Lord.

Everyone gripes about the FO not making enough moves to strengthen the club, that we need more players.

Then Robb comes on here to let us know they're working on bringing in an attacking player from South America, and everyone craps all over him.

Fair weather fans, much?

How about we get excited about the news and withhold judgment until we actually see the player in question?

Thanks for the news, Robb. I for one am EXCITED to see who's coming in.

7. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    This is great news.

KC is definitely on the rise, while other teams in the East (the Revs, DC) seem to be treading water.

Wolff/Thompson starting against Chicago is one of the weakest forward pairings in the league and not worthy of the VERY solid midfield behind it, so change will be welcome.

With the talented Montero and Escalada coming into the league, hopefully this is South American goleador #3.

8. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me thinks boredom tends to make some cranky. I, too, am excited....hence my Pavlovian reference (Robb posting on BS + news leak = drooling). ;)

9. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    At least the last part. Better to stow the excitment for when the teased mystery guy turns out to have a name and produces in a KC jersey longer than a 5-game stretch.

A little teasing in life isn't all bad.

10. wz187

wz187 Member

Aug 30, 2006
    I have to admit I am excited to have Kaka playing for us. Even if he doesn't prove he can contribute for more than a 5 game stretch. Good signing.

11. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO

I didn't pass any judgement, and for the record I love Hamlet.

12. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree.

Those past players being from South America have nothing to do with them not working out. Each player is a completely different situation.

PV is smart and has likely learned from each and every transaction he has made. I think it is only fair to reserve judgement until the player is introduced and even when the player actually gets some minutes to show what they can or cannot do.

13. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Crap, Crap I tell you. This player is Crap.:rolleyes:

14. TwhiT

TwhiT Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I too am excited to bringing Kaka to our fine midwest town. Good job Rob :D

15. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My prediction, based on absolutely nothing but a hunch: Lucas Castromán.

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That'd certainly be a good guess considering he's out of contract.

17. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i concur.

18. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    south american, eastern european, british or italian, it doesn't matter, just as long new people keep coming in. If they don't work out send them on there merry way, but you have to do this with alot of players. Keep going with this philosophy until you fill your roster. The team has a good crop of starters to it right now, best to find and try people to fit in, rather than go out and find someone to build around. Of course if you bring in a Riquleme then feel free to build around that. Give me another winger or a striker, an a-mid is just depth.

19. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How dare you attempt to bring moderation and reason to a message board, esp. _this_ board.

Don't you know the definition of message board requires the lack of reason? That overreacting is obligatory? Look here if you don't believe me: message board definition.

You better watch it, too much of this "not crapping all over" people stuff will get you in trouble.

20. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    you all need to get a sense of humor. Who in their right mind would pass judgement on a player who hasn't even been named yet. :rolleyes:

Somethings shouldn't need to be explained but I guess they have to.

21. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Oh and btw I am super stoked that ???? is coming to our team.

22. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What number will he be? because I'm totally getting his jersey...

23. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I am excited but thanks for clearing that all up for me. Maybe it just because I take off my blue color glasses and stop drinking the blue kool-aid when I hear we are going to sign a foreigner. I am all for signing players for depth reasons. But tell me what is the point if those players never play or bring anything to the team? Why would you even think about signing them. you are wasting a roster spot on garbage that never should be here in the first place.

24. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is that we never know how they are going to adapt to MLS until they get here. I mean, look how that Beckham guy worked out. He sold a bunch of jerseys, sure, but did he help his team make the playoffs even with a superstar such as Landycakes on his team? Now he thinks he is better of playing in Italy....what a jerk.

25. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to say it i would feel better having better quality players around me. In the end it is all about the players attitude you are right.