REAL BETIS vs REAL MADRID I Liga Jornada 19 I 13.01.19 I 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The VAR lines are not straight, they are not used correctly. I posted a couple of videos from El chiringuito above, you can check them out to see how it was proved that the offside line is not straight.

The hand doesn't count as it's not a body part you can score with, but the should counts and his shoulder was ~10cm in front of Carvajals.

4x4s, S1na and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We should have an offside line technology in the same way we have goal line tech.

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    VAR just needs an update. It's still the best thing we have in terms of refereeing. Just like the law, it's the closest thing to justice.

4x4s and S1na repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're probably right. As far as I know any part you're allowed to score with, counts as offside.

The guys on the broadcast thought it was offside as well.

5. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I'm actually totally fine with the offside not being given (obviously easier to say after we stole the victory). If it was, it was by centimeters and I'm fine giving that to the offensive player if its so close that it can't be determined by eye (even when slowed down).

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I thought it was onside or to be clearer...…… I thought it was too close to call offside.

7. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If it’s offside by 1mm it’s offside right?

S1na and girrdib repped this.
  8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Quisling!

9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    hahahaa.. I had to look up what that meant.

Lmao.

10. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    look at the image above, the line drawn from Carvajal shoulder is correct, however, the line from Canales is not, Carvajal line is right from Shoulder, but Canales is afew mm ahead of shoulder, if you draw the correct line, you see it was the correct decision.
    I have reffed for years and currently am part of MLS mentors, I agree with people, I HATE offside based on 1-2 cm, the law was put in place to stop an attacker from just waiting by the goal, however, law is a law, 1mm or 10 cm or 10 meter! all OFFSIDE.

Halycon repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It was the right call.
    The Vini penalty is what we should be complaining about but not this.

Raul_Madrid repped this.
  12. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My only issue with it being called is we've had similarly close offsides called against us.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The whole point of introducing VAR was to get the close calls right. So with VAR, there should be no benefit of doubt; if you're offside, regardless of by how much, you are offside.

4x4s, Saint Iker, J-Mezzy and 3 others repped this.
  14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Reminds me of Ramos goal in Undecima final. Media roasting us for 8 cm offside.

15. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Don't you think you're eyes are mistaken because of their shirt being striped?
    I thought it as well at first. Then focusing on the anatomy solely i thought the lines are correct.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are incorrect because of the players posture. Carvajal is standing pretty much straight while Canales is starting to run giving him a more forward posture. You can even move the line like you suggest and Canales would still be offside there. However that wasn't my point, my point is that VAR's offside technology is flawed and it was clearly demonstrated in those videos. It's not a straight line.